Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County/Jackson County Scrimmage
Did anyone go? I would love to hear who came out ahead in this one and who stood out?

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
I was not @ the game, but Estill Co. should be in the hunt for a district title. They have three solid backs and a great O-line. I would say that they ran for big yards against Jackson Co.
Estill looked good in this one. They should have a great season but I won't make any assumptions until after next Friday, when they scrimmage Grant Co., Scott Co., and Louisville Iroquois.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
So how did Jackson look?

Canon Wrote:I was not @ the game, but Estill Co. should be in the hunt for a district title. They have three solid backs and a great O-line. I would say that they ran for big yards against Jackson Co.
With all due respect to Estill County, they did not play a descent team here. As far as challenging for a district title, they will not come within 4 TD's of Breathitt or even HCC for that matter. They should be the 3 seed in the playoffs and play either Taylor County or Another team from Somerset's district in the first round.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

With all due respect to Estill County, they did not play a descent team here.

I agree with that statement. This was a "feel good" scrimmage for Estill (one where you can dominate the other team and make yourself feel good). A second year varsity team should not be able to compete with or challenge them if they are going to be as good as they think.
Nicholas Co. and Harrison Co. we supposed to be there last night, but for some reason or another opted to go somewhere else to scrimmage. Next week the Neers will travel up to Grant to mix it up with Scott Co. , Lou. Iroqois, and Grant. Should get a better look then, those are some pretty good and larger schools. These are just scrimmages where coaches try to get a look at different people and situations, and most don't go into them trying to "win" the scrimmage, but alot of coaches use them to evaluate pesonnel.
The offense Estill runs is much different from what a lot of high schools normally run. It would be a tough scrimmage but it works for them.
So did Estill not keep score in this one?
ecqb8 Wrote:why keep score in a scrimmage? aren't they for evaluating your team and getting a look at your younger players who otherwise wouldnt get a chance to play?

It was just a question fella. Just a simple yes or no answer would've been great.
Sorry, no harm intended. It's just my opinion.

bluegrassballa Wrote:So did Estill not keep score in this one?

The scrimmage was played in game like situation (not a 10/10). Put the ball on your 30 and you had 3 plays to get 10 and you could go for it or have a 30 yard punt walked off. The chains were out and the ball was spotted.
I don't think the scoreboard was on. For the #1's, Estill scored every time they had the ball. Jackson did not score against the #1's. I believe that they only got a couple of 1st downs. When the #2's came in I know Jackson scored once, maybe even twice, Estill's JV scored 3 times I think. There were even some forward passes being thrown around the field by the blue and white! Maybe someone that was there could fill us in on how many times each team scored.
Out and about, on the net and by word of mouth, all I've heard is how Estill will compete for a district title. Why in the world would they be wasting time scrimmaging Jackson County if they want to improve. Why not line up and just beat the HE!@ out of your scout team? It doesn't make sense.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:The scrimmage was played in game like situation (not a 10/10). Put the ball on your 30 and you had 3 plays to get 10 and you could go for it or have a 30 yard punt walked off. The chains were out and the ball was spotted.
I don't think the scoreboard was on. For the #1's, Estill scored every time they had the ball. Jackson did not score against the #1's. I believe that they only got a couple of 1st downs. When the #2's came in I know Jackson scored once, maybe even twice, Estill's JV scored 3 times I think. There were even some forward passes being thrown around the field by the blue and white! Maybe someone that was there could fill us in on how many times each team scored.

Ok. Thanks for the info!:thumpsup:
Yogibear Wrote:Out and about, on the net and by word of mouth, all I've heard is how Estill will compete for a district title. Why in the world would they be wasting time scrimmaging Jackson County if they want to improve. Why not line up and just beat the HE!@ out of your scout team? It doesn't make sense.

I hear what you are saying. Read post #7. Sometimes circumstances are out of our control. I think Nicholas and Harrison decided to save a trip and just scrimmage each other up North saving themselves both a long trip, thus just leaving Estill and Jackson.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:With all due respect to Estill County, they did not play a descent team here. As far as challenging for a district title, they will not come within 4 TD's of Breathitt or even HCC for that matter. They should be the 3 seed in the playoffs and play either Taylor County or Another team from Somerset's district in the first round.

I will have to agree and disagree. They did not play a decent team only IMO. But they should handle HCHS and as for Breathitt I have to agree with you. I think the only team other than Breathitt who can give Estill trouble in the district is Fleming. I have not heard good things about HCHS except for they have three exceptional backs.
Journeyman Wrote:I will have to agree and disagree. They did not play a decent team only IMO. But they should handle HCHS and as for Breathitt I have to agree with you. I think the only team other than Breathitt who can give Estill trouble in the district is Fleming. I have not heard good things about HCHS except for they have three exceptional backs.
I have not heard anything about HHS, but if their line is not good, everything else looks bad and they will not have a good season. I have not heard anything from Fleming County either.....Breathitt is the only team I have seen first hand and I can only make educated statements on them only, the rest is just heresay and opinions, which do not matter.
Twitter: @tc_analytics