Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County/South Floyd Scrimmage
Who takes it?
I think this powell county team is more ready then they have ever been. I see them taking this game by a few touchdowns.
I'll will have to agree. I will say Powell-35 South Floyd-14. I got to stick with my Pirates.
TongueirateSho Tongueirate04: TongueirateSku
Well i think it is a toss up.
I think Powell will take this one. They are ready to play.
Powell county won pretty convincely. Powell County has two exceptional players. The numbers of the players are 3 and 5.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Powell county won pretty convincely. Powell County has two exceptional players. The numbers of the players are 3 and 5.

Number 5 was a freshman that didn't get to play until the JV got put in. So I don't think 5 did that exceptional. The score was 48-6.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Number 5 was a freshman that didn't get to play until the JV got put in. So I don't think 5 did that exceptional. The score was 48-6.
Should've been 49-6. they didn't put up 1 of Karp's extra points.Smile
Powell is much improved from last season. The offense had some big plays from Rose, Hardy and Crowe. Rice looked alot better. It was a game type scrimmage with the scoreboard. Hardy, Crowe, Baron all caught passes for td's. South Floyd's only score came from a fumble return. South Floyd has a good running back in #10.
Fresh. qb Hale looked really good late in the scrimmage.
Powell's offense looked very balanced Rose and Hardy both rushed for td's.
Powell's D came out a little flat and gave up a big pass play but the very next play got a qb sack by #44 for a 20 yard loss on South Floyd. Powell has hitting much better on D. Defense never gave up a score but still needs to get better for Powell to have a good season. Offense looked great once it got rolling, Defense looked better but still needs to improve.Wink
This powell county team has improved a tremendous amonunt from last season. The offensive line has improved alot. Rice is starting tyo make more accurate passes. I think he may have only had 3 incomplete passes the whole game. When Rose got the ball he always gained at least 8 yards. Crowe played good at the reciever spot along with barron and hardy. Branham had a few catches himself. TYler Perkins was always in the backfield ready to get a sack. I see this powell county team upseting some teams this year. IMO this is the best team they have had in forever!!!!
Powell fumbled twice. One was ran back for a touchdown and the other was a fumble from Rice. The rules in the scrimmage made the posession return to powell were they scored on a 80 yard pass from rice to hardy. After south floyds first drive, they really didnt make any pregression down field.
Im sorry it wasnt number 5 it was number 2.
overall..pretty good showing for the pirates. South floyd never gave up. they only had around 25 players...been there done that. keep playing hard raiders. We had some big plays and some good execution. Got to limit the dumb penalties. JV played lights out. I think they scored 3 times & Hale had one called back on a blocking in the back penalty. When the play passes you up, you don't need to hit in the back. Still got a lot of work to do, but good solid effort.
Powell Counties #32 looked pretty good at Defensive End;especially for a first year player.I think he is a Flinchum.:rockon:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Powell Counties #32 looked pretty good at Defensive End;especially for a first year player.I think he is a Flinchum.:rockon:

Yep. He is very good. Got good speed and strength and should make some plays in the backfield this year.
blitz43 Wrote:Should've been 49-6. they didn't put up 1 of Karp's extra points.Smile

I know, lol. But it was a very fun game and Karp got some good practice in.
Also, Bill Rice had about 250 pass yards and about 50 rush yards. Not 100% on the stats, but that is what I have figured up. And the offensive line did not allow a sack in this game.
Powell is terrible. I watched the game and they might as well do away with the program.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
I am not a big fan of powell county, but they looked sharp. I was impressed with number2 and number 3.

I think they will win some games.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Powell is terrible watched the game and they might as well do away with the program

Umm, how do you figure?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Who takes it?
I think this powell county team is more ready then they have ever been. I see them taking this game by a few touchdowns.

Considering Powell is 3A and SF is 1A...Powell 40+ players SF 20+ players it would seem as tho it was a good game for Powell. . SF has x=seniors, 1 jr, 2 soph, x=freshmen. I think SF played a good game. SF needs to get the freshmen more exp. with the highschool players, and work on their D, but then considering SF sit the seniors out the last half to let the freshmen get some exp in the game, i think they did well, and will show it in the games to come. So let's not put SF in the low bracket just yet. In the last 10-12 years this has always been the warmup game for SF&Powell, because of the staff connection
South Floyd and Powell must be real close, I would have got mad when the powell took out the jv and put some varsity back in after the fumble to allow south floyd to score.
betsylaynealum Wrote:South Floyd and Powell must be real close, I would have got mad when the powell took out the jv and put some varsity back in after the fumble to allow south floyd to score.
They didn't allow them to score. The guy got the ball ripped from him and then it got scooped up. Their coach was't allowing SF to score. Thats ridiculous.

Anyways, Powell County looked good to me. Def have some athletes. I hope they have a good season.

As for SF, once again their problem is numbers. They need more players, but thats always been the problem there. They have 24-25 players and 12 of them are seniors. Handful of Juniors and sophs and the rest are freshmen. They didn't play all that bad Friday night either. They moved the ball good at times, but then their line got blew up and they lost yards. Their defense didn't look al that bad either.

They def have room to improve, though, and I am sure they will. That's why you play these type of games before the season actually starts.
Sorry, I meant it sarcastic.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powell is much improved from last season. The offense had some big plays from Rose, Hardy and Crowe. Rice looked alot better. It was a game type scrimmage with the scoreboard. Hardy, Crowe, Baron all caught passes for td's. South Floyd's only score came from a fumble return. South Floyd has a good running back in #10.
Powell's D came out a little flat and gave up a big pass play but the very next play got a qb sack by #44 for a 20 yard loss on South Floyd. Powell has hitting much better on D. Defense never gave up a score but still needs to get better for Powell to have a good season. Offense looked great once it got rolling, Defense looked better but still needs to improve.Wink

The defense did not give up a point. Seems to be pretty good. That is what you are supposed to do to a South Floyd. The only touchdown SF scored was a fumble return.
South Floyd.
Keep the thread on-topic!

If you want to discuss how Powell County or South Floyd will do this season then take it to their respected threads.
Who does Powell have for their line?
Who does SF have in their backfield this season?
RuffBaller Wrote:Who does Powell have for their line?

Starting from left to right: Jordan Lopez, Scotty Newsome, Dylan Sexton, Anthony Tipton, and Quintin VanCleve.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powell is much improved from last season. The offense had some big plays from Rose, Hardy and Crowe. Rice looked alot better. It was a game type scrimmage with the scoreboard. Hardy, Crowe, Baron all caught passes for td's. South Floyd's only score came from a fumble return. South Floyd has a good running back in #10.

#10 for South Floyd is Tyler Mitchell, Good athlete.