Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why has it..
taken so long for the Government to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina? I feel they could have at least dropped off plenty water and food for the people stranded in New Orleans.. I feel this has not been taken care of the way it should have been.. there have been many other disasters taken care of much faster..
Do you feel this situation has been taken care of the way it should and fast enough?
I'm very happy that they are finally doing the things necessary to help the people of this disaster, but I do agree, the response time has been HORRIBLE. I can't believe the length of time it has taken our government, which is supposed to be the greatest and best in the world, to respond to an event that everyone was well aware a few days prior to it happening. I know you can't drop products into flooded areas. That would be pointless. But I'm sure that there were places that products could be dropped and atleast help some people that were able to gain access to them. Maybe the reaction time was so poor because of our troops involvement around the rest of the world, and the lack of actual troops in our own country. Another fear I have, as sad as it may sounds, is that the area was alargely poor black population. I think had this incedent occured in other areas, the response would have been much greater, quicker, and efficient.