Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably wont make any games this week! GAS 3.09
a gallon here in morehead for self serve regular. Unless it goes down I am homebound. I went home last week and it was 2.59 a gallon and costed me 17.00 one way. It would got me at least 25.00 this week just to get home and probably another 20.00 to drive to East Ridge. That would cost me a total of 70.00 in gas and not counting admission and food. I enjoy watching football but these gas prices are ridiculous. I will be content listening to the games on the radio until gas prices come down. Sorry if I told you I would be at a game this week. Arrow
I know what you mean QQ.. It is getting out of hand.. and now it costs me right at 100 dollars to fill up.. anad a tank of gas don't last me a week.
I'm heading to Floyd Co this weekend to watch my brother and then to Cumberland with my friend. Gas is going to break me up! QQ I need to get up with you someway.

CTD you're a jerk! :| lol
Big Grin if you say so..
I miss you though! lol :|
$3.09 here for regular also. It's expected to be $3.29 a gallon for tomorrow morning. When will this ever stop?
torQQue Wrote:a gallon here in morehead for self serve regular. Unless it goes down I am homebound. I went home last week and it was 2.59 a gallon and costed me 17.00 one way. It would got me at least 25.00 this week just to get home and probably another 20.00 to drive to East Ridge. That would cost me a total of 70.00 in gas and not counting admission and food. I enjoy watching football but these gas prices are ridiculous. I will be content listening to the games on the radio until gas prices come down. Sorry if I told you I would be at a game this week. Arrow

I know what you mean QQ and the V8 I am driving right now is tough and I have to drive to Richmond to Lexington everyday and back home. Its 3.01 here in Lexington and my dad said it was 3.30 in Pikeville for regular...just ridicilous. My parents have been kind enough to mail me one of their gas credit cards because I simply can't afford it.

On a side not QQ does this mean I can expect some Pburg-Pikeville updates if you are staying at home or can you not pick up Pburg or Pikeville stations in Morehead?
It's already 3.29 at the new Food City here in Prestonsburg. I guess they got an early start on the rise.
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:$3.09 here for regular also. It's expected to be $3.29 a gallon for tomorrow morning. When will this ever stop?

It will stop when someone finally puts an end to all the price gouging. But since there are so many higher ups with so much interest in oil, I don't look for it to be soon.

And does that mean you're not going to make it for the big game Sunday, QQ?
Shew....I guess this is a good thing about being in college...I don't have to drive at all until Thanksgiving (then its only about 15 miles both ways to the airport) if I don't want to....but this does put a damper on my plans to go to Lexington to watch a UK game, considering it would take about 60-70 gallons or more round trip (figure the price out yourself).

I do have a full tank right now from wen gas cost $2.44 or so. That seems cheap now although it was still too high then...
ZMG Wrote:It will stop when someone finally puts an end to all the price gouging. But since there are so many higher ups with so much interest in oil, I don't look for it to be soon.

I agree. I also found this out today. I believe in the late 70's, truck drivers went on strike due to the rising of fuel prices. This got the oil companies attention and they lowered the prices. I think there should be a strike amongst truck drivers to remind the oil companies who really controls the flow of materials throughout the country. Hopefully, the truck drivers prevail for all of us.

And for those who care, I just saw on the news that gas in Atlanta, Ga. is being priced at $6.08 a gallon. This is really out of hand here and it's going to be a refugee crisis before long. This price gouging needs to stop. :evil:
I filled up for $2.99 earlier tonight.. the reason it lower there was because their pumps will not go to $3.00 .. so after they run out of gas they have to shut down
We are really hitting a major crisis here guys. I live right off the interstate in Lexington where 75 and 64 are merged together and was out at the gas station tonight picking up a 6 pack and everyone was going nuts about it, regardless of what state they were from. I sat out there and talked to a truck driver for a few minutes and he said it cost almost $500 to fill up his truck right now....hopefully the truckers will go on strike and show the oil companies without the truck drivers our economy will shut down and they will be forced to bring down prices. I don't know I am just thinking of any possible solution but the oil companies have us by the nuts here because we have to be able to travel to live our lives and they know it.
yea i am glad i filled uo yesterday before it went up. but i still got to drive back to floyd county this weekend.
gas has got to drop.
PHSFAN Wrote:We are really hitting a major crisis here guys. I live right off the interstate in Lexington where 75 and 64 are merged together and was out at the gas station tonight picking up a 6 pack and everyone was going nuts about it, regardless of what state they were from. I sat out there and talked to a truck driver for a few minutes and he said it cost almost $500 to fill up his truck right now....hopefully the truckers will go on strike and show the oil companies without the truck drivers our economy will shut down and they will be forced to bring down prices. I don't know I am just thinking of any possible solution but the oil companies have us by the nuts here because we have to be able to travel to live our lives and they know it.

PHS im on red mile red down here in lexington. I live at University Commons. Pm me
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I filled up for $2.99 earlier tonight.. the reason it lower there was because their pumps will not go to $3.00 .. so after they run out of gas they have to shut down
Where did you get it from? I got mine yesterday around 730 and paid 3.29. Took me 65 dollars to fill up the ole grand cherokee.
I can't wait to fill up my Tahoe, wait ..... I don't think I can afford to.
I've been to University Commons quite a few times.. it's a nice place.. lots of parties too lol