Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Practice
Players and coaches, I was wondering something.

When you are going through practice, what does a practice consist of? What is being done, drills, sprints, belly-ups or whatever? Let me know, curious about everything.
At this time of year, before equipment, Highlands is doing weights and conditioning. Lifting, running and such. Aug. 1st pads means hitting begins. Then it will be more class room and hitting. Although there will still be plenty of weights and conditiong then also.
I've talked with a few Prestonsburg players and all they've been doing is lifting weights, doing sprints, and practicing plays. I've seen the receivers practicing routes also and seen the linemen doing linemen drills.
Sheldon Clarks practices normally consists of weight lifting goin over plays conditioning dummuy drills and indivudal position drills reping over plays and thats bout it.
I know LCC works very hard in practice. A regular season practice will include a few individual sessions (o-line, d-line, runningbacks, etc.), inside running game for the line while backs and recievers and defensive backs do 7 on 7 drills, team offense/ defense (up-tempo game simulated atmosphere) and goal line offense/defense. Then some conditioning and we call it a day.
But of course right now all they are doing is conditioning/weights and walking through the offense and defense.
Individual sessions (DL, OL, QB, RB, etc.), 7 on 7, conditioning, lifting.
what about punishment,
(belly-ups, sprints)
Right now, Somerset is lifting and practicing like we would in season or with pads, just not hitting since we can't get pads till Thursday.

Special teams, then individual period, inside running game(offense or defense, just depends on which practice it is), then usually team. Conditioning afterwards, pursuits on defense practices and gassers on offense practices usually.
betsylaynealum Wrote:what about punishment,
(belly-ups, sprints)

Gassers with updowns included usually at Somerset. Start at sideline, run across to other sideline for down, back, down, and back. Over 200 yards all together for one gasser. Sometimes do updowns every time the whistle blows during the gasser if you done something pretty bad. Do a few of those and you will be dead.

Sometimes it will be bear crawls the length of the field, just depends on what you did.
Are uppers not allowed until August 1st? If so there are some teams in the state who are not following the rules.
moutainman Wrote:Are uppers not allowed until August 1st? If so there are some teams in the state who are not following the rules.

That is the rule
There is no rule on uppers or belly flops or up-downs or belly-ups
betsylaynealum Wrote:There is no rule on uppers or belly flops or up-downs or belly-ups

I was assuming by the way he asked the question he meant shoulder pads by uppers. My bad:o Smile Smile
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I was assuming by the way he asked the question he meant shoulder pads by uppers. My bad:o Smile Smile

Me to. thats what we call shoulder pads."Uppers".I'm glad i didnt post on that.:p