Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps '08
What does everyone think? How is practice going? What is the numbers, who is the experienced players coming back?
The only thing i kno is the Phelps squad has about 25 players a impressive number for phelps, and there having 2-a-days not for sure about the talent level the Hornets have many players coming up from the middle school probually around 5 to 10 freshmans

betsylaynealum Wrote:What does everyone think? How is practice going? What is the numbers, who is the experienced players coming back?
PHS3 Wrote:The only thing i kno is the Phelps squad has about 25 players a impressive number for phelps, and there having 2-a-days not for sure about the talent level the Hornets have many players coming up from the middle school probually around 5 to 10 freshmans

There is some talent with the incoming freshman. My son played with them and I know what they are capable of. Hopefully, this young man who has taken on the challenge of coaching them will keep them interested and bring more interest to the game of football in the Phelps community. Good luck to all the young men and I can't wait to see how they do!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Who is their coach now?
Jese Ray Peck is the new coach. AKA The Barefoot Coal Miner. Good luck Jesse.
Jese will get things done there! I think its a good fit for him. I was told he was gonna be on Brad Allens Warrior Staff but I say Phelps is a better fit for him. Good luck old friend!
Phelps will give everything they have good kids over there.
any phelps players out there, can anyone say how practice is going?
Good Luck to Peck and his Hornets!...What happen to Coach Jones, why did he leave??
So whats the story, how many do they have out, they have a rough week opening up in the pike county bowl
betsylaynealum Wrote:So whats the story, how many do they have out, they have a rough week opening up in the pike county bowl

they have thirty some players right now with 10 or 12 freshmen.the new coach seems to be doing real well the players.i think they may surprise a few people this year.
Good luck to Coach Peck and his Hornets this upcoming season.
chop1990 Wrote:they have thirty some players right now with 10 or 12 freshmen.the new coach seems to be doing real well the players.i think they may surprise a few people this year.

In all honesty that 1A District is so bad that they could very well finish 3rd in the district.. so I'd say your actually correct... it doesnt take much to beat Betsy Layne, Allen Central, and South Floyd. Phelps should finish 0-10, but they could easily be 3-7 and make the playoffs
Pikeville may NEVER lose another district game.
I understand that you have a problem with three of the four floyd county teams, but I think this district isnt as bad as everyone say. Lets think how many districts in class A have 6 teams, I would love for Betsy Layne to be in the other district and just win one game to make the playoffs.