Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cal Ripken State Tournaments
Ky state Ripken tourneys kicked off yesterday. Johnson Co will be well represented with 6 teams advanced, with district winners in 8under, 10under, 12under and 15under Babe Ruth, as well as 9yr old and 11yr old teams receiving automatic berths. WSIP 98.9 will provide radio coverage for select games throughout the weekend. Today, the Babe Ruth 15under team will be broadcast live at 5pm. Games can also be heard via live streaming on wsipfm.com .
Good luck guys.
Is there somewhere to see the brackets of who they are playing?? Where are the games played??

Ring'Em Up Wrote:Ky state Ripken tourneys kicked off yesterday. Johnson Co will be well represented with 6 teams advanced, with district winners in 8under, 10under, 12under and 15under Babe Ruth, as well as 9yr old and 11yr old teams receiving automatic berths. WSIP 98.9 will provide radio coverage for select games throughout the weekend. Today, the Babe Ruth 15under team will be broadcast live at 5pm. Games can also be heard via live streaming on wsipfm.com .
Good luck guys.
Pickle-princess Wrote:Is there somewhere to see the brackets of who they are playing?? Where are the games played??
http://www.ekyd4.wlstats.net/ has the brackets and scores for all tournaments except the 8under. Some dont have all the team names listed yet, but we are District 9 in the ones that dont have the team names listed. The brackets for our 9-12 teams are under the Cal Ripken 46'/60' division. The Babe Ruth bracket is under the 15 yr olds.
You can also go to http://www.wlstats.net and click on 2008 postseason for boxscores and full stats from some of the tournaments.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:http://www.ekyd4.wlstats.net/ has the brackets and scores for all tournaments except the 8under. Some dont have all the team names listed yet, but we are District 9 in the ones that dont have the team names listed. The brackets for our 9-12 teams are under the Cal Ripken 46'/60' division. The Babe Ruth bracket is under the 15 yr olds.
You can also go to http://www.wlstats.net and click on 2008 postseason for boxscores and full stats from some of the tournaments.

Thanks.....
Johnson County defeats Fern Creek 11-1 in the opening round in 4 innings. Way to go guys. Bo Robbins goes 3 innings and Brady Cline pitches the final inning.
Johnson Co Babe Ruth 15under defeated tourney favorite Harrison Co, coached by the legendary Mac Whitaker, 2-1. Awesome, awesome performance on the mound by PHS sophomore-to-be Zach Jackson. Went 6 2/3, allowing no earned. Great job kid.
12under defeats Fern Creek.
11, 10, 9 and 8under teams all were dealt their 1st losses today for Johnson Co.

Radio coverage for Saturday will be 1pm for the 12under and 8pm for the Babe Ruth 15under, as they both try to make their way thru the winner's brackets.
On the dial at 98.9 or www.wsipfm.com .
Way to go Zac!
Great job Jackson!!!
Any word on the 12u game. My radio went out in the 4th with JC up 5-2.
Johnson Co. wins 10-5. Hunter Ratliff throws all 6 innings. They advance to the championship of the winners bracket tomorrow at 2. They will face the winner of Scott Co. and South Lexington. :letsparty
Scott Co. sounded like a pretty tough team. Who does JC have left to throw?
OffTheHook Wrote:Scott Co. sounded like a pretty tough team. Who does JC have left to throw?

Johnson County has no shortage of pitchers
Bo Robbins has only pitched 3 innings and that was Thursday.
Brady Cline has only pitched 1 inning and that was also on Thursday.
Hunter Ratliff threw 6 innings today.
Jared Wheeler has not pitched
Quade Ward has not pitched
Nick McKenzie has not pitched
Congrats Zac.
THOMCAT Wrote:Johnson County has no shortage of pitchers
Bo Robbins has only pitched 3 innings and that was Thursday.
Brady Cline has only pitched 1 inning and that was also on Thursday.
Hunter Ratliff threw 6 innings today.
Jared Wheeler has not pitched
Quade Ward has not pitched
Nick McKenzie has not pitched

Sounds good. Good Luck to Coach Arrowood and the boys.
Any word on the 15u team last night?
Has anyone heard how the 8yr olds did in the state tournament. I heard the first team they played had to drop out, and they had to start over again.
sissybell Wrote:Has anyone heard how the 8yr olds did in the state tournament. I heard the first team they played had to drop out, and they had to start over again.

I ran into one of the parents of the 8 and under this morning at breakfast. They told me the 8 and under are now out of the tourney. She did say that the older ones on the Johnson County Cal Ripken were still winning and doing great!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
JC Babe Ruth got beat out yesterday by Ashland by a score of 10-4. Good try guys. Hope you all have a safe journey home. We will see you when you get back.
Any word on how the 12u team did yesterday?
I know they got beat 10-0 in the first game by South Lexington. I don't know what happened last night.
According to this link. JC got beat out by Scott Co. And it will be a Lexington and Scott Title Match. Congrats to Coach Arrowood and the boys.

http://www.slyb.org/

Go to: Major 60 - 12 Year Old State Tournament Brackets - Updated about midway down the page and click. Or as I just found out. Just click this one....lol
Johnson Co. got beat by Somerset. Jc lead most of the game. Shay Spencer and Johnathon Scarberry had the bats goin as usuall. JC got put out Sunday by Ashland. Highlights was Adkins blasting a 2 run shot out at the 340 mark of the feild, Spencer also tripled and seemed like the only one ever crossing the plate. Come home SHAYBEAR you looked good in the black&gold again. The kid finds ways to get on base. I was really ashamed of how our parents acted towards the P-ville boys. I know if my son was on a P-ville team I wouldnt want that for them. Anyways good showing for JC.
12 Under

South Lexington vs. Scott County

Johnson County finishes 3rd in state, excellent showing.

SIDE NOTE: Scott County has two players with Johnson County connections. Twin brothers Thomas and Scott Daniel are the grandsons of Johnson County Judge/Executive Tucker Daniel. Also, their dad, Roger Daniel is a coach on the Scott County staff.
PeterGriffith Wrote:Johnson Co. got beat by Somerset. Jc lead most of the game. Shay Spencer and Johnathon Scarberry had the bats goin as usuall. JC got put out Sunday by Ashland. Highlights was Adkins blasting a 2 run shot out at the 340 mark of the feild, Spencer also tripled and seemed like the only one ever crossing the plate. Come home SHAYBEAR you looked good in the black&gold again. The kid finds ways to get on base. I was really ashamed of how our parents acted towards the P-ville boys. I know if my son was on a P-ville team I wouldnt want that for them. Anyways good showing for JC.

They can keep acting that way. Cause I know about 6 Pville boys that WILL NOT be playing BR next season. Sounds funny to me. A Pville boy got the only win for the team, a Pville boy blasted the only HR for them and a Pville boy seemed to be the only one crossing the plate. AND THEY STILL ACT SILLY! Rolleyes

Congrats Coach Spencer, Shey, Zach and Andy. Wish you guys were a year younger. Missed you all this season.
OffTheHook Wrote:They can keep acting that way. Cause I know about 6 Pville boys that WILL NOT be playing BR next season. Sounds funny to me. A Pville boy got the only win for the team, a Pville boy blasted the only HR for them and a Pville boy seemed to be the only one crossing the plate. AND THEY STILL ACT SILLY! Rolleyes

Congrats Coach Spencer, Shey, Zach and Andy. Wish you guys were a year younger. Missed you all this season.

Yeah, we all act silly cross da creck!!:insane:

They r a few on both sides!
Glad u paintsville people could carry us, made us look good!:muscleman
It was horrible!! The P-ville kids were not given any food, water, or even a bed to sleep in. They were beaten regularly and had to sleep under the cars of the JC boys, even when it stormed. In fact, one of the P-ville boys was so starved, he had to hunt a rabbit for food!! He tried to cook it in the pool but ended up having it taken away by an evil JC parent before he could get even one bite.

Really, we had a great time. The P-ville boys had lots of fun and were treated fine by all three coaches and the parents. I don't know what in the world anyone would have to complain about UNLESS they just like to stoke the old rivalry fires.
jchsrulz Wrote:Yeah, we all act silly cross da creck!!:insane:

They r a few on both sides!
Glad u paintsville people could carry us, made us look good!:muscleman

Hey, one of your own said it.....Not me.
So don't try and turn it around. The only time you jump in this thread is to hash back at me. Like you cared. I was one of the only one's keeping a check on these boys. Why because I have coached almost everyone of them and do honestly care and every single one of them will tell you, I have never preached the JC/Pville S**T at them.
I didn't see you asking how they were doing.

As for your last comment. Well, I'm not going to even attempt. You said it all with your little cartoon.
OffTheHook Wrote:Hey, one of your own said it.....Not me.
So don't try and turn it around. The only time you jump in this thread is to hash back at me. Like you cared. I was one of the only one's keeping a check on these boys. Why because I have coached almost everyone of them and do honestly care and every single one of them will tell you, I have never preached the JC/Pville S**T at them.

As for your last comment. Well, I'm not going to even attempt. You said it all with your little cartoon.

I wasn't mad at the comment of jc parents treating them bad, I was wondering how long it was going to take you to point out the p-ville accomplishments! Take pride in your school (your son's school) but don't act like that the only GREAT THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THE WHOLE TOURNEY IS WHAT PAINTSVILLE DOES!!!!!!!!!! That is putting down the JC players (children of the parents they are complaining about)
You could end up falling into the category of THOSE parents!! You R Too good for that
If you don't go in for that JC/Pville S**t, why only recognize the paintsville players accomplishments and only recognize them?

On your comment of me attacking you... I only speak up when somebody unfairly disses JC players. So if you think I am attacking you, what does that say of your comments?Rolleyes
Big Grin
OffTheHook Wrote:Hey, one of your own said it.....Not me.

First of all I just want to say congrats to all nine teams that Cal Ripken sent to state. That says a lot but every team had a decent showing on the state level. We have a lot to be excited about in the future! I was just wondering who one of OUR own was. Obviously not the person who started this crap because he has nine posts and all pertain to PHS. I did not hear one bad thing that the "pville" boys had said to them. Is that your job across the creek to keep a check on these boys and make sure they do not enjoy playing baseball with kids their own age espicially if it does not have ties to PHS? That they might enjoy it and that would look bad? The bottom line is that some of your own (I thinkBig Grin ) think it is awful that some of PHS kids play ball with JC on the other hand if it is the other way around with JC playing with PHS it is a privilege that these kids will get to be taught the game by coaches so much superior to those that we have.Rolleyes Just let the kids play baseball and forget about putting each other down and having to keep an eyeSmile out for some of them. Just keep cheering :Cheerlead both teams on.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Big Grin

First of all I just want to say congrats to all nine teams that Cal Ripken sent to state. That says a lot but every team had a decent showing on the state level. We have a lot to be excited about in the future! I was just wondering who one of OUR own was. Obviously not the person who started this crap because he has nine posts and all pertain to PHS. I did not hear one bad thing that the "pville" boys had said to them. Is that your job across the creek to keep a check on these boys and make sure they do not enjoy playing baseball with kids their own age espicially if it does not have ties to PHS? That they might enjoy it and that would look bad? The bottom line is that some of your own (I thinkBig Grin ) think it is awful that some of PHS kids play ball with JC on the other hand if it is the other way around with JC playing with PHS it is a privilege that these kids will get to be taught the game by coaches so much superior to those that we have.Rolleyes Just let the kids play baseball and forget about putting each other down and having to keep an eyeSmile out for some of them. Just keep cheering :Cheerlead both teams on.

LMAO! Whatever. I knew it wouldn't be long. You can always count on two to try and stir the pot. All Hail the all mighty EagleEye! Your post is as senseless as your couterparts. Actually there are more than 9 on that team. And yes I keep up with all of them from Cal Ripken to PLL to Legion. So both enjoy your post cause you will never receive another from me. Rolleyes