Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching to AT&T - Phone suggestions?
Alright, my 2 year contract with Nextel ends in a couple weeks so I've been looking at new phones.

I already know that I'm going with AT&T (Cingular) for the plan, but I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on any specific phones?

The iPhone is too expensive so I won't be considering that and I don't want a smartphone/PDA because they need data plans to fully function.

The phone I've been considering is the Samsung a737 - slider phone with MP3 capabilities and Bluetooth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I use the BlackBerry Pearl and I love it. Easy to text on, it also has a real fun game to play when your bored called Brick Breaker. There's also the BlackBerry Curve, its like the Pearl but bigger and it has GPS.

Blackberry Pearl

Blackberry Curve
The wife has a Sony W580I and loves it. Slides similar to the 737. Has a walkman MP3 player too.

The new Iphone is down to 199.99 and the data plan is the cheaper of the smart phone plans. Mine is 20.00 per month which includes unlimited data and 200 text messages.
Don't get the LG Shine. I have one and the buttons are way too small and hard to press.
We have an iPhone and Blackberry Pearl... I love both of them.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Midee you might wanna check into reevaluating your plan. Don't know how old yours is. I get unlimited data and text for $20. If you didn't sign anything you can change it at anytime. Check their website for deals. Maybe even call their service line. Those guys can hook you up. You just gotta sweet talk them a bit.
One of my friends has the Blackjack II and he really likes it. Its got a full keyboard and its easy to text on and you dont have to get a special pda data plan to get all of the features.
Beetle01 Wrote:Midee you might wanna check into reevaluating your plan. Don't know how old yours is. I get unlimited data and text for $20. If you didn't sign anything you can change it at anytime. Check their website for deals. Maybe even call their service line. Those guys can hook you up. You just gotta sweet talk them a bit.

I appreciate the information but we have family unlimited text on our plan too. If not for that I may look into the unlimited text.
I got the Blackberry Curve about 2 months ago and love it. It was $150 but I also got a $100 rebate so it was only $50 but 3 accessories came with it for free (I got car charger, protective phone wrap, and a larger memory card).I love it.

Someone mentioned that it came with GPS. While this is true, it does cost extra to use it. But you can download Google Maps and it does this same thing for free. Easy and great to use too. There are also many more applications that you can download for free according to what you want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:I got the Blackberry Curve about 2 months ago and love it. It was $150 but I also got a $100 rebate so it was only $50 but 3 accessories came with it for free (I got car charger, protective phone wrap, and a larger memory card).I love it.

Someone mentioned that it came with GPS. While this is true, it does cost extra to use it. But you can download Google Maps and it does this same thing for free. Easy and great to use too. There are also many more applications that you can download for free according to what you want.

I had a curve for a while. I had the GPS activated and it was very useful for me because it gave me spoken turn by turn directions. Made it safer for me rather than trying to read the maps.

Sadly mine lasted 18 days before the trackball stopped working.
I have a Blackberry Pearl and I love it. You cant go wrong with Blackberry.