the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory
committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how
many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After 143
days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander-In-
Chief, leader of the free world, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln,
FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan. 143 days!! I keep leftovers in my
refrigerator longer than that."

- Columnist Cheri Jacobus
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:"From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to
the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory
committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how
many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After 143
days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander-In-
Chief, leader of the free world, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln,
FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan. 143 days!! I keep leftovers in my
refrigerator longer than that."

- Columnist Cheri Jacobus

Experience is ONE AMONG MANY things to consider. Ms Jacobus must have a mold and fungus infested refrigerator.
I like this quote....
thecavemaster Wrote:Experience is ONE AMONG MANY things to consider. Ms Jacobus must have a mold and fungus infested refrigerator.

If Obama gets elected, your name will be appropriate....cause he will send us back to the Stone Age..........................
[quote=NEXT]If Obama gets elected, your name will be appropriate....cause he will send us back to the Stone Age..........................[/quote

Ah, I remember the Stone Age... when gas was not $4.15/gallon, when milk was not $4.20/gallon, when a sack of groceries didn't mean paying only half of the electric bill. Your screen name is "Next." Barrack Obama defeats John McCain. Next.
thecavemaster Wrote:[quote=NEXT]If Obama gets elected, your name will be appropriate....cause he will send us back to the Stone Age..........................[/quote

Ah, I remember the Stone Age... when gas was not $4.15/gallon, when milk was not $4.20/gallon, when a sack of groceries didn't mean paying only half of the electric bill. Your screen name is "Next." Barrack Obama defeats John McCain. Next.

Back in the stoneage what was the average lifespan 18-20? They didn't have to worry about the electric bill they were busy just trying to keep the fire going. Smile
NEXT Wrote:If Obama gets elected, your name will be appropriate....cause he will send us back to the Stone Age..........................

From your words you must still be in the STONE AGE.:flame:
"I would vote for a Muslim if he or she was the best candidate able to lead the country and defend our political values."
John McCain
Old School Wrote:[quote=thecavemaster]

Back in the stoneage what was the average lifespan 18-20? They didn't have to worry about the electric bill they were busy just trying to keep the fire going. Smile

Very literal minded take on non-literal sarcasm...
thecavemaster Wrote:[quote=NEXT]If Obama gets elected, your name will be appropriate....cause he will send us back to the Stone Age..........................[/quote

What makes you think the Obama, or McCain for that matter, can change any of these numbers anytime soon? Sometimes economic issues are much more complex than that. The president may have very little to do with whether the economy turns upward or downward. It's all about cycles and world wide economic factors. Clinton gets a lot of credit for the good economic conditions in the country during his two terms, but the fact is that toward the end of Bush One's first term the economy took a dip, which help defeat him in a close race, but the the outlook was already on an upward swing before he left office. Clinton benifited from the dot com boom of the '90s, but it would have been the same if Bush had won a second term. These things go in cycles and if a president is fortunate to get caught in the' up' part of the cycle, they're in luck.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What makes you think the Obama, or McCain for that matter, can change any of these numbers anytime soon? Sometimes economic issues are much more complex than that. The president may have very little to do with whether the economy turns upward or downward. It's all about cycles and world wide economic factors. Clinton gets a lot of credit for the good economic conditions in the country during his two terms, but the fact is that toward the end of Bush One's first term the economy took a dip, which help defeat him in a close race, but the the outlook was already on an upward swing before he left office. Clinton benifited from the dot com boom of the '90s, but it would have been the same if Bush had won a second term. These things go in cycles and if a president is fortunate to get caught in the' up' part of the cycle, they're in luck.

Exactly. People in this country attribute WAY too much credit or blame for the economy, on the president, when actually he has very little control over it. Yet so many people think Clinton was the greatest president, simply because the economy was so good in the 90's. I would love to know just what he did that caused everything to fall into place the way it did.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Exactly. People in this country attribute WAY too much credit or blame for the economy, on the president, when actually he has very little control over it. Yet so many people think Clinton was the greatest president, simply because the economy was so good in the 90's. I would love to know just what he did that caused everything to fall into place the way it did.

"Trickle down" economics (Reagan, Bush) depends upon rich people sharing. Thus, the upper class grows, the middle class either stays the same or shrinks, and god help the poor. Certainly, economic trendings have impact: but economic philosophies DO matter: why else would Greenspan impact the economy with slight variations of the interest rate? Plus, the US economy has been neglected, as has her infrastructure etc., while we blew up bridges and buildings in Iraq, then contracted at inflated prices to build them back.

SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....Rolleyes

Stupid joke BTW.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:[quote=thecavemaster]
What makes you think the Obama, or McCain for that matter, can change any of these numbers anytime soon? Sometimes economic issues are much more complex than that. The president may have very little to do with whether the economy turns upward or downward. It's all about cycles and world wide economic factors. Clinton gets a lot of credit for the good economic conditions in the country during his two terms, but the fact is that toward the end of Bush One's first term the economy took a dip, which help defeat him in a close race, but the the outlook was already on an upward swing before he left office. Clinton benifited from the dot com boom of the '90s, but it would have been the same if Bush had won a second term. These things go in cycles and if a president is fortunate to get caught in the' up' part of the cycle, they're in luck.

I'll give you some creedence for that post. Interesting take on the issue for sure!
thecavemaster Wrote:"Trickle down" economics (Reagan, Bush) depends upon rich people sharing. Thus, the upper class grows, the middle class either stays the same or shrinks, and god help the poor. Certainly, economic trendings have impact: but economic philosophies DO matter: why else would Greenspan impact the economy with slight variations of the interest rate? Plus, the US economy has been neglected, as has her infrastructure etc., while we blew up bridges and buildings in Iraq, then contracted at inflated prices to build them back.

You didn't really refute my claims, but I will agree with you on one point: Alan Greenspan has more power over this country's economic status than any other man in America. Including the president.

Also, I will say that neither candidate for the presidency will be able to turn the economy around very quickly. And if either one says they can, they're lying.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:You didn't really refute my claims, but I will agree with you on one point: Alan Greenspan has more power over this country's economic status than any other man in America. Including the president.

Also, I will say that neither candidate for the presidency will be able to turn the economy around very quickly. And if either one says they can, they're lying.

Are you saying that when Ronald Reagan deregulated the telecommunications industry, broke the air traffic controllers union, and other ridiculously pro business decisions, that it had no impact on middle class and lower class workers? No impact on the economy?
Obama will win in 08! Aparently everyone thinks he is the anti-christ or something so if he is how can we stop him? Obama 08
PHS#1 Wrote:Obama will win in 08! Aparently everyone thinks he is the anti-christ or something so if he is how can we stop him? Obama 08

This makes aboslutely no sense!
PHS95 Wrote:This makes aboslutely no sense!

Actually, I just heard three people (all christians, or so they say) talking about how Obama might be the anti-christ. However, I also ordered at Pizza Hut the other day and the total came to $6.66, at which point the cashier said, "Just make the check out for $6.65." Of course, I did not, which is how I came, I guess, to take the mark of the beast and fall lock, stock, and barrel into the arms of the anti-christ. Religion drops the IQ a good fifty points.
thecavemaster Wrote:Actually, I just heard three people (all christians, or so they say) talking about how Obama might be the anti-christ. However, I also ordered at Pizza Hut the other day and the total came to $6.66, at which point the cashier said, "Just make the check out for $6.65." Of course, I did not, which is how I came, I guess, to take the mark of the beast and fall lock, stock, and barrel into the arms of the anti-christ. Religion drops the IQ a good fifty points.

God or no God? You have to look at it like a betting game. If you think there is a God and afterlife all you need to do is give God your life, or just change the way you live your life. If it turns out there is no God, then what have you lost? And don't say you don't want to play, you're already in the game.......
lawrencefan Wrote:God or no God? You have to look at it like a betting game. If you think there is a God and afterlife all you need to do is give God your life, or just change the way you live your life. If it turns out there is no God, then what have you lost? And don't say you don't want to play, you're already in the game.......

Josh McDowell? ...so, religion is like a betting game? god the dealer of cards? In your opinion, everyone is "in the game." Speak for yourself, lest you always be sorting a net that isn't yours to pick.
thecavemaster Wrote:Josh McDowell? ...so, religion is like a betting game? god the dealer of cards? In your opinion, everyone is "in the game." Speak for yourself, lest you always be sorting a net that isn't yours to pick.

Read your posts...and we're all 'in the game'. You can say 'there's no such think as cancer' and still die from it. You may be sincere in believing there is no such thing as cancer, but that has little to do with reality.

The reality IS that somehow we exist. Now either we were created OR we 'popped' into existence from nothing. These are the only two thesis. Some say that "aliens" are responsible for the universe, but this is only a smokescreen....because it only then begs the question "Where did the aliens come from?"

If we came from a "gaseous cloud", then where did the gaseous cloud come from? Surely it was not 'eternal'! IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS SOMETHING!
ARC Wrote:Read your posts...and we're all 'in the game'. You can say 'there's no such think as cancer' and still die from it. You may be sincere in believing there is no such thing as cancer, but that has little to do with reality.

The reality IS that somehow we exist. Now either we were created OR we 'popped' into existence from nothing. These are the only two thesis. Some say that "aliens" are responsible for the universe, but this is only a smokescreen....because it only then begs the question "Where did the aliens come from?"

If we came from a "gaseous cloud", then where did the gaseous cloud come from? Surely it was not 'eternal'! IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS SOMETHING!

We walk by faith, not by sight (Someone once said). Trying to deduce god from that which exists is a slope I cannot traverse. I do not think god can be argued out or in in such a way.
thecavemaster Wrote:
We walk by faith, not by sight (Someone once said). Trying to deduce god from that which exists is a slope I cannot traverse. I do not think god can be argued out or in in such a way.

That there IS a God can be deduced by logical reasoning. SOMETHING was/is eternal. The God of the Bible declares repeatedly that one of His characteristics is 'without beginning, without end'. I think that the founders of most religions do not claim this characteristic of eternality. Interestingly, Jesus Of Nazareth made this same claim in a vision to John the apostle in the introduction of the Revelation.

Our calenders count the years from His birth. When you write the date, you are writing the years since He first came. His words have changed more lives than any other person who ever spoke. He has led kings, and He has transformed lowly sinners into the most trustworthy among us. No one is so bad that He will not change them; and no one is so good that He will not change them.

More good has been done in His name, and more bad done in His name, than in any other name. The fact remains, that His Name is the greatest name, the most powerful name, the most influential name, in all of human history.

To disreguard such a name is without merit. Surely any human should want to review what He said. Have you taken the time to study the words of Jesus of Nazareth? Yeshua Ha'Notzri (ישוע הנוצריWink.