Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limewire
Well I've heard many things said about it, and I want to know to know what you think about it, what is your stance on its legality and do you have it installed on your PC?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't know if it is legal or not but I do have it installed on my PC, I think that to a degree it is legal, the thing that I think is illegal about it is the ability to download movies. It's a good alternative to iTunes where you have to pay $0.99 a song!
Its a file sharing program...Which makes it illegal. But I would say around 60% of people who own a computer have some sort of file sharing program installed on their computer.
The program itself is not illegal. When you download and share songs it is illegal. I have iTunes one my computer and do not endorse Limewire by any means. Not only is it illegal, but it puts a bunch of spyware on your computer.

As a recording artist I will say this; please pay for your music. It's one thing to download a song by an artist that already has millions of dollars, but keep in mind that there are some bands that barely scrape by getting gas money to go to shows.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope that EYESUPONUS gets on iTunes that would be awsome, I like "Savor The Moment", it's a very good song :thumpsup:
I listened to it on that webcast.
I use LimeWire and I download music but I do not share the files I download.
Jshort5 Wrote:I hope that EYESUPONUS gets on iTunes that would be awsome, I like "Savor The Moment", it's a very good song :thumpsup:
I listened to it on that webcast.

Haha, well yes, we will be on iTunes in mid-July when the CD releases.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love it!
I had it on my computer but it made my computer crash so after I got it fixed I didn't reinstall it. 0.99 cents a song isnt that bad.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I use LimeWire and I download music but I do not share the files I download.

That's what I do. Oh yeah and I have Norton Internet Security so it blocks the downloads tha I start that are corrupted or have downloader trojans in them, etc. So Ive never been effected by Limewire.
I'm sorry guys, but let's think before we post another one of these threads.

You all are admitting to illegal activity on the internet and a record is being kept of you admitting to this illegal activity. I'm closing this one before anyone else admits to committing a crime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]