Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Grimm
Is the Grimm kid going to sign anywhere or will he just be attending school next fall?
Tear Drop Wrote:Is the Grimm kid going to sign anywhere or will he just be attending school next fall?

Haven't heard anything as of late.
He should be signing with the JUCO powerhouse, Walters State within the next week or so.
I thought he was a D1-2 talent
Cash Wrote:He should be signing with the JUCO powerhouse, Walters State within the next week or so.

I spoke to him the other day and he said he wasn't going to Walter's State. He is thinking of another JUCO, and will end up siging with them, but it won't be Walter's State.
Walters State is as good as most D-1 schools. They are known for producing great talent!
He should come to Pikeville!
I heard he was goin to Fresno State!
RedSeal Wrote:I heard he was goin to Fresno State!

Seriously or are you joking, I dont think he is that good.
RedSeal Wrote:I heard he was goin to Fresno State!

Really.....lol
Shane is a pretty good player i watched paintsville a lot this year and have seen him pitch 2 or 3 times u could say that i have the best view of his pitches than anyone beside the catcher and have alose seen some college pitching in the same position and from what i seen he for sure has NAIA stuff becasue he looks just as good as some if not most of the pitching i have seen on the MSC level.....but i think he is for sure a D-2 if he can develop a better curve to go with that 80-90 fast ball and not to mention a pretty good stick to go with all that i could seen shane in D-1....but fresno state i wasent even sure that cal. knew we played baseball out here in kentucky i just dont seen that a cal. team that just walked away from the CWS with a National championshio comming to ky to get a kid from paintsville not takeing anything away from shane he is great player but i just not seen fresno when there going to have kids all over the country knocking down the door to play there....but hey landon slone is going to dawn a cats basketball jersey next year i would be all for grimmy putting one on for baseball.....lol...but good luck to ya shane is whatever u do great kid......:1:
Surely you guys can all see that Red Seal was being sarcastic.
I thought he was serious! Cause Georgia called the other day also.....lol. j/k

Haven't heard anything as of late. But, as soon as I do I pass on the info. If I can.

You sure he wasn't serious Mr. K? ...lol
OffTheHook Wrote:I thought he was serious! Cause Georgia called the other day also.....lol. j/k

Haven't heard anything as of late. But, as soon as I do I pass on the info. If I can.

You sure he wasn't serious Mr. K? ...lol
Yeah , I'm sure.Smile
I spoke with Gump after his trip with Mike Spears' summer team to Walters State this weekend and he said that the package is on the tabel if he wants it. I'm not sure what Grimm is going to do, but I wish him nothing but the best.
Grimm will be signing with Walters State this week......
INSIGHT Wrote:Grimm will be signing with Walters State this week......
I thought they pulled the offer.
I have a question. Since there dosen't seem to be any interest from anyone other than Juco colleges, and anyone that has seen Grimm pitch would agree that he is at least a D2 or NAIA pitcher, could it be academics that has kept some of these schools from signing him? Just wondering, something other than his pitching is causing these schools to stay away.
kyrifle Wrote:I have a question. Since there dosen't seem to be any interest from anyone other than Juco colleges, and anyone that has seen Grimm pitch would agree that he is at least a D2 or NAIA pitcher, could it be academics that has kept some of these schools from signing him? Just wondering, something other than his pitching is causing these schools to stay away.

It is academics.
There was a rumor floating around that Shane was supposed to sign with Walters State today. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, he did sign. It is in the Big Sandy News, sports section.
kyrifle Wrote:I have a question. Since there dosen't seem to be any interest from anyone other than Juco colleges, and anyone that has seen Grimm pitch would agree that he is at least a D2 or NAIA pitcher, could it be academics that has kept some of these schools from signing him? Just wondering, something other than his pitching is causing these schools to stay away.

Going JUCO is the best thing a player can do. Next to goin D-1. Why go to a D-2college D-2 dont give money, they dont give scholerships. SO if u sign D-2 u have to pay. If im not mistaken Walters ST. gave him a 75% scholership.Grimm dont have to pay that much and plus its just a 2 year college. who knows grimm might go to the pros after those 2 years.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Going JUCO is the best thing a player can do. Next to goin D-1. Why go to a D-2college D-2 dont give money, they dont give scholerships. SO if u sign D-2 u have to pay. If im not mistaken Walters ST. gave him a 75% scholership.Grimm dont have to pay that much and plus its just a 2 year college. who knows grimm might go to the pros after those 2 years.
Uhh, you might need to do a little research. DII schools offer scholarships just like DI schools do. DIII schools do not give athletic scholarships.

Go pro. Rolleyes
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Going JUCO is the best thing a player can do. Next to goin D-1. Why go to a D-2college D-2 dont give money, they dont give scholerships. SO if u sign D-2 u have to pay. If im not mistaken Walters ST. gave him a 75% scholership.Grimm dont have to pay that much and plus its just a 2 year college. who knows grimm might go to the pros after those 2 years.

He has to wait 3 years before he can get drafted. Get your info right next time.

You may want to check you're information on the amount of scolly money he will receive, I think you are off about 75%.
I had heard that his package was about 3 grand, but I'm not 100% sure on it. Regardless, the most important thing is that the kid is getting to play baseball and get an education for atleast 2yrs. After that, it's up to him.

As for turning pro, I thought JUCO's could go after 2yrs but any NCAA/NAIA had to wait 3 years before being elgible for the draft...I may be wrong.
IRISH4 Wrote:I had heard that his package was about 3 grand, but I'm not 100% sure on it. Regardless, the most important thing is that the kid is getting to play baseball and get an education for atleast 2yrs. After that, it's up to him.

As for turning pro, I thought JUCO's could go after 2yrs but any NCAA/NAIA had to wait 3 years before being elgible for the draft...I may be wrong.
Technically, you can be drafted after only one year at a JUCO school, but if you go to any 4 year college (regardless of affiliation), you cannot be drafted until after your junior season. The big key to going on to a 4 year school after JUCO is staying academically eligible. People dont realize the toll that the second semester plays on the academic side of things when you play college baseball. Even the very good students can struggle with the work load that is put upon them once the season starts, unless of course, you are taking the basket weaving and bowling classes that JUCO's are notorious for.

Who knows what lies down the road for anyone, but eastern Kentucky is full of people that think if you can strike out 10 people in a 15th region game then you are draft material. That's the sort of mentality that exists around here.
Rolleyes
I have watched Grimm develop into a good pitcher but he is no where near great. In my opinion he is no where near the pitcher that Chaz or Jeremy was in the past. Look where they are now... in my opinion the only kid in this region 15th that has the opportunity to play past college is the freshman from Lawerence... If he continues to imporve and develope as he has the past couple of years.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Uhh, you might need to do a little research. DII schools offer scholarships just like DI schools do. DIII schools do not give athletic scholarships.

Go pro. Rolleyes

i was always told that D2, and D3 schools dont give athletic schlorships
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:i was always told that D2, and D3 schools dont give athletic schlorships
Apparently your informer was mistaken.