Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central Cougars 2008
Loosing only one guy, how good can the cougars be? I know a little about the varsity, but I am still wondering what kind of freshman and sophmores are going to be contribute. Logan, and Sydney are the only freshman I know...You other cougar fans fill me in on what you guys know.
Who all are the assistant coaches for LCC?
Stephen Banks, Cavanaugh Trent, Winston Lee, and Phillip Bentley
They got a hard road ahead of them though....I do not believe that they could beat hazard or KCC, and it will be a hard fought win if they should beat perry central.
i think we will do better than what some think. last year playoffs wasn't a fluke.
I think LCC will be very solid this year! The problem is, is that the other big dogs in the region didn't lose anything either or actually gained more than what they had to begin with. Is Garrison Collins going to be coming to Central? Does anyone know?
don't know...who is he playing with this summer? See his mom in wal mart all the time, but never ask...
Should be very solid this season with the loss of one guy.
I think the cougars will be very good this coming year, with the 53rd and 54th being the best districts. The region champ will def coming out of one of those two districts and LCC would have to be a preseason top 4.
if they can get help inside, that will really make a difference.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I think LCC will be very solid this year! The problem is, is that the other big dogs in the region didn't lose anything either or actually gained more than what they had to begin with. Is Garrison Collins going to be coming to Central? Does anyone know?
Collins will not be going to LCC.
Collins made the right choice for non-basketball reasons and that is to be commended.
were is he going?
he is staying put.
Cougars will be tough. One of the tops in the region, if not # 1.
The only thing holding them back (other than KCC and hazard) is their coach. He's a little rude and annoying and seems to be a little full of himself at times. If he can get it through his mind that the world owes him nothing then they may have a decent team.
What does that have to do with a team's performance? All coaches have a ego or self-confidence.
I still think we can play with Hazard. We gave them a really good game last year, and I think that we can play with any 14th region team.
UKisN1 Wrote:Collins made the right choice for non-basketball reasons and that is to be commended.
Each person has a choice of what they would like to do, Collins could be good next year, but he will not be allowed to shine at JBS. Everyone knows who they will try to make a star out of and a 6'10" player will be used to help
He could have had that at any top school, but he chose, like in my earlier post to finish his academic career at JBS. I believe he knows the basketball heirarchy there is ok with it.
Is there any colleges looking at him even though he is staying at JBS?
UKisN1 Wrote:He could have had that at any top school, but he chose, like in my earlier post to finish his academic career at JBS. I believe he knows the basketball heirarchy there is ok with it.
Thats a joke. I know the old line. It changes when ball season starts. You better believe they will be alright with it. Smile Smile
UKisN1 Wrote:He could have had that at any top school, but he chose, like in my earlier post to finish his academic career at JBS. I believe he knows the basketball heirarchy there is ok with it.
Who is the basketball heirarchy??
Why ask then?
UKisN1 Wrote:Why ask then?
I was being sarcastic. Everyone knows the answer to that
Thought so.
Are you saying that he is not going to play basketball, and is only going to JBS for academics? Just what are you saying? I don't guess the heirarchy would fight his leavinhg if he wanted to finish his academics somewhere else.
He is playing basketball, but going to JBS for other reasons.
UKisN1 Wrote:He is playing basketball, but going to JBS for other reasons.
Right,
Back to the subject at hand. I just think we are underated team in the 14th region. I know we had a bad game vs PCC, but I am sure we will be a better ball club this year and beyond. We are a sleeping giant ready to awake.