Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who deserves Player of the Week for BGR? Offense
Please submit the player you thinks deserves Offensive BGR POW.. This person will have thier stats placed on the front page along with their picture. THey will also be mailed a certificate..

Once we have a some nominations in.. Ill put a poll up so everyone can vote..
My nomination is for Daniel Pugh QB of Paintsville. Don't know exact yardage stats but Pugh threw for 2 TD's and ran for another. I'll try to get some yardage stats for you tomorrow hopefully.
Belfry's Matt Maynard. 135 yds 2 TD's
Knott Central's RB I think had like 209 yards on the ground if I'm not mistaken. I saw it on Sports OT. That sounds like a worthy candidate. What about Leslie Co.'s QB? He was like 11-16 passing with over 200 yards and a couple of TD's. He's a good QB.

As far as defense goes, it has to be that Soph. kid from North Laurel. He dominated the Cov. Holmes offense all game.
I think that the winner would need to be on the winning team 8)
Well, just because the team didnt win, should that take away the contributions of a individual player ? IMO, I dont think is should....
I have no nominations but I don't think that they should have to be on the winning team either because one person's contributions cannot always win a team the game.
Justin Slone from South Floyd had about 178 yards rushing on 6 carries and two touchdowns, he also had a reception for about 50 yards.
Pike Central's Gordon Varney.
He isn't from a Mountain team but did play in the Pike County Bowl so I would go with #7 from NCC that plays HB(Vickers I believe was his last name). I don't know his stats but this kid had a helluva game and some very nice runs. I also think the winner should come from a team that won and the level of competition should be considered also.
Quentin Morgan of Leslie County. The qb throw for over 200 yards completed all but 3 or 4 passes, and threw for 4tds.