Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry/Lawrence County Predictions (Sept. 2)
I realize it is a little early, but what do you guys think? Go Big Red!!
Belfry by 14. ill drink to that
Belfry by 12
BIGREDFAN, do you like the skulls & crossbones ?
Fishing Wrote:Belfry by 14. ill drink to that

I sure could have used a "cold one" this evening. :lol:
BelfryPride Wrote:BIGREDFAN, do you like the skulls & crossbones ?

ABSOLUTELY!! Thanx...I was just wondering where those came from. Ha! Thanks again...
BIGREDFAN Wrote:
BelfryPride Wrote:BIGREDFAN, do you like the skulls & crossbones ?

ABSOLUTELY!! Thanx...I was just wondering where those came from. Ha! Thanks again...

Check your private messages......
BIGREDFAN Wrote:
Fishing Wrote:Belfry by 14. ill drink to that

I sure could have used a "cold one" this evening. :lol:

:o Nothing like a good cold Bud man.. and some football.
Catdawg will chit.. When he hears these predictions..

Sad
Belfry will win this one in a game that goes back and forth all night, we may have looked a rusty tonight but most of those key players from last year are gone, and the gentlemen filling those spots just need a little time to get used to their new roles... all in all i think the pirates will be just fine this season!

also, i was really impressed with the talent that henry clay had on the field tonight, we may be a young team but they earned the victory, we didn't give it to them.
Well said Meatwad
I agree with ya with meat. That damn team could beat half the small college teams in Ky. Im just glad you all played em. good lawd they was big and fast
MeatWad Wrote:Belfry will win this one in a game that goes back and forth all night, we may have looked a rusty tonight but most of those key players from last year are gone, and the gentlemen filling those spots just need a little time to get used to their new roles... all in all i think the pirates will be just fine this season!

also, i was really impressed with the talent that henry clay had on the field tonight, we may be a young team but they earned the victory, we didn't give it to them.

8) 8) 8) :!:
I think this will be a good game.. I will make my prediction a little closer to the game
Belfry by 14 and gl to both teams.
i think this will be a very good matchup, im sure our boys will be goin at it hard the next couple of weeks in practice and hopefully they will be ready. lawrence county always plays us tough however and im sure this time it will be no different, ill say belfry in a close one.......sorry catdawg. :twisted:
Guys come on give us a little love. To early for me to make a prediction but I'll let you know a what I think after we play a very strong Wayne, WV team.

Right now I would go with Belfry also. I still think we're a year away from being back to the teams of the 90's.
Belfry is a good team guys. Our first scoring drive of the game against HC was right out of last years playbook. We ran the ball right down their throats for a TD. They didnt have an answer fior the run game.

I think this season will be just fine. We started off with a loss in the 2003 PCB and we ended with a title....I think we're a year away from going to back to Louisville.

I look foward to being at the Lawrence County game, see ya there CD !
Belfry will show everyone just how good they are, and prove how good Henry Clay is. Belfry will run at will against Law Co.

Belfry-48
Law Co-21
I think this game will be close like last years game was. Both of these teams are very good, and I think this will be a great ball game.

Belfry 24
Lawerence 20

Good luck to both teams.
sportwhiz Wrote:Belfry will show everyone just how good they are, and prove how good Henry Clay is. Belfry will run at will against Law Co.

Belfry-48
Law Co-21
couldnt have said it better myself 8)
Cry
No matter how talented the Pirates are they usually have struggles against the Bulldogs. Take, for example, last year when a Belfry team who I feel was 4-5 Td's better than LC won by the skin of their teeth.

LC has the ability to stretch the Pirates vertically, and their defense is pretty sound at keeping the Pirates big play potential at a minimum. LC also ahs the best athelte on the field in Spradlin.

The bottom line I feel is that this will be agame in which the Pirates show a marked improvement. The defense will still eb vulnerable, and I fully expect Belfry to make quite a few mental mistakes, ie missed assignments, missed tackles, fumbles.

If Belfry can limit themselves to less than 3 turnovers and score a touchdown in the first quarter I can see them coming away with a 21-14 victory,,, if they turn the ball over more than 3 times they could lose by that margin. If they turn the ball over more than 3 times and don't score early they may lose by 20+.
i think it will be a close game, but im interested to see how the bulldogs fare against the pioneers tonight. i was told that wayne scrimmaged ironton and beat them 36-6 not sure about that but my wifes family lives there and thats what they said, if they take a beatin that might be a blow to thier morale, that seemed to happen to them last year after they lost to us. they just couldnt get it together, and with a team as young as belfry that may play into our hands. but they always give us trouble and i look forward to seein how far we have come in our development. oh yeah, one more thing....i HATE open weeks. :x
Our boys will be ready to play come next friday night. They have a nice week off and get to work on some things. They'll be right there again come playoff time I guarantee.

Go Pirates !!!
Wayne did beat Ironton and it was at Ironton enough said. But the Tigers two best players were out and my sources said the varsity score was only 14-6 and they didn't play special teams. Howeve Lawrence County went to Wayne tonight and played them tough for a half thanks to rain and turnovers. Final Wayne 27 to 0 larger margin of vicroty for the Pioneers but lower scoring compared to the 50 to 28 beating in the second week last year. Dawgs defense appears to be somewhat better this year but we don't have anything to really speak of on offense. The dawgs remain at least one year away from being back to the teams of the 90's and it could be even longer. With that said I make my prediction.

Belfry week off after big lose. Lawrence County down after getting beat easily for the second straight year to Wayne.

Belfry 40 plus

Lawrence 12

It's not to say that I think Wayne has a better defense its just that I think Belfry will get up big early and Lawrence will be able to score on the second or third string. Not much in the Dawg pound this year.

I can only pray that I'm wrong.

Wayne did have nine starters on offense return and scored the last 13 points late in the 4th.

Good luck to both Lawrence and Wayne next week. If all goes well I should make this one but if not I'll make it home in time for the play by play.