Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central-18 Phelps-8 (5 innings)(15th reigon tournament)
final from east ridge.
Geeze!! Looks like a pitching duel in this one! LOL will Little be able to start any games this week in the tournament?
its doubtful to see him get a start but you may see him late in a game. Tonight little got his 3rd straight save
I'm not exactly sure what the rule is for saves but I'm pretty sure if your up by ten runs then it's not a save opportunity.lol
Kyboy13 Wrote:I'm not exactly sure what the rule is for saves but I'm pretty sure if your up by ten runs then it's not a save opportunity.lol

3 runs or less for the save....
Ah, well then definately not a save lol
/Well I guess the fog finally lifted in order to get this on in. So what time did they get done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Oh sorry about that then, Little Closed the game lol....The game ended about 12:15
Congrats AC on the win tonight. It was only 5 innings- but this was one long evening. Rain delays in game 3 and then a fog delay in game 4.

Good Luck tomorrow Rebels!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Geeze!! Looks like a pitching duel in this one! LOL will Little be able to start any games this week in the tournament?
I don't see Little starting since he is only 9 months out from Tommy John I'm sure he is still on a lower pitch count. The game was not a save by the rules but phelps had scored 3-4 runs that inning. Little faced 3 batters struck out two walked one. In post season play he has faced 9 batters- 7Ks, 1 walk, no hits. Nelson pitched a good game I think the delays and pitch count finally got to him.
Congrats Rebels!

Nice to see a Floyd County team pick up a win.
Congrats AC! Play well against LC.
Congrats, AC. I really thought AC would struggle without Hammonds, but I guess I was wrong. Good luck against the Bulldogs!

As for the save issue...if I'm not mistaken, I think if a pitcher comes in when his team has a lead of 3 runs or fewer it is a save siutation. A pitcher came in to a MLB game with a 2 run lead, and although his team won by like 8-9 runs, he still picked up the save. I could be wrong, but I think that's how it works. haha
little came in up 13-8 after phelps scored 4 runs and men on 2nd and third so no save.but he is a good pitcher with pretty good heat.in my opinion thou if he don't change speed against lawernce co. they will tee off on him often.that is if he pitches.he threw 11 or 12 pitches all fast balls against phelps.
crowder and manual hit the ball well for AC