Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Who?
It seems every single year im on here the whole discussion is about how good pikeville is or how good their players are. DanielHarmon is the only good player on that team this year and he cannot do it by himself... everybody mentions how good that their linebackers are and that they are 'STUDS'! what have the 'STUDS' ever got mentioned or awarded for? besides being a bust every year and not winning the region....Pikeville is in the past . Yes they have had great teams but the key word is had! Thats all that it will be....and no i dont hate pikeville but why are they mentioned with the elite in the mountains?
When talking about elite teams in the present the dont belong with belfry, bell, johnson, corbin, hazard, rock, russel, or breathitt...Sum one tell me what they have done as a team in the last 3 years...
Ricky Bobby !!!!!!!!!!!
In the past three years they have beaten two of the teams you listed and lost a lead in the 47th quarter against one of them. So when listing your "Elite" teams, trying listing some that the team your dissing didn't beat 42-6 (Hazard), or 34-0 (Corbin). Pretty "elite" isn't it? I mean getting beat like a drum by a team that apparently sucks? Thank You. :mad:
Too Good Wrote:It seems every single year im on here the whole discussion is about how good pikeville is or how good their players are. DanielHarmon is the only good player on that team this year and he cannot do it by himself... everybody mentions how good that their linebackers are and that they are 'STUDS'! what have the 'STUDS' ever got mentioned or awarded for? besides being a bust every year and not winning the region....Pikeville is in the past . Yes they have had great teams but the key word is had! Thats all that it will be....and no i dont hate pikeville but why are they mentioned with the elite in the mountains?
When talking about elite teams in the present the dont belong with belfry, bell, johnson, corbin, hazard, rock, russel, or breathitt...Sum one tell me what they have done as a team in the last 3 years...
These guys were listed in the top 115 OLB in the NATION by ESPN. They won region as recently as 2004.
Panther Thunder Wrote:In the past three years they have beaten two of the teams you listed and lost a lead in the 47th quarter against one of them. So when listing your "Elite" teams, trying listing some that the team your dissing didn't beat 42-6 (Hazard), or 34-0 (Corbin). Pretty "elite" isn't it? I mean getting beat like a drum by a team that apparently sucks? Thank You. :mad:

Wow that was a long game.:popcorn:
launchpad4 Wrote:Wow that was a long game.:popcorn:
Wow. My bad I hit the 7 before the "t".
Panther Thunder Wrote:These guys were listed in the top 115 OLB in the NATION by ESPN. They won region as recently as 2004.

can you say overrated?
blackcatjt Wrote:can you say overrated?

How?
Okay the Honaker brothers didnt really do all that much and the only reason they were rated that high is because they went to every camp possible in the world and their coaches loved them and yes Daniel Harmon is a good back. But, he cannot do it all by himself....and losing 20 something seniors hurts a team. YES, we ALL know that Big Bad Pikeville whooped us 42-6 way back in 2006 in the regular season. BUT we fail to remember however that hazard came back 2 weeks later in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP to beat them 15-14!!! lol Yes Pikeville is an elite team---in the past. I do not hate pikeville, i hate the stuck up attitudes of the some people that attend there. IMO Pikeville is the JBS of football. lmao But anyhoo, Pikeville may be an elite team later on down the road, and yes they were in the past....but atm Pikeville is just a normal everyday team that MAY beat a good team on a given friday....but elite year in and year out..no.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Okay the Honaker brothers didnt really do all that much and the only reason they were rated that high is because they went to every camp possible in the world and their coaches loved them and yes Daniel Harmon is a good back. But, he cannot do it all by himself....and losing 20 something seniors hurts a team. YES, we ALL know that Big Bad Pikeville whooped us 42-6 way back in 2006 in the regular season. BUT we fail to remember however that hazard came back 2 weeks later in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP to beat them 15-14!!! lol Yes Pikeville is an elite team---in the past. I do not hate pikeville, i hate the stuck up attitudes of the some people that attend there. IMO Pikeville is the JBS of football. lmao But anyhoo, Pikeville may be an elite team later on down the road, and yes they were in the past....but atm Pikeville is just a normal everyday team that MAY beat a good team on a given friday....but elite year in and year out..no.

Then you can't call Hazard an elite team either, since the all-time series is about 50-6 Pikeville.
bluegrassballa Wrote:How?
They aren't from Pburg Wink
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Okay the Honaker brothers didnt really do all that much and the only reason they were rated that high is because they went to every camp possible in the world and their coaches loved them and yes Daniel Harmon is a good back. But, he cannot do it all by himself....and losing 20 something seniors hurts a team. YES, we ALL know that Big Bad Pikeville whooped us 42-6 way back in 2006 in the regular season. BUT we fail to remember however that hazard came back 2 weeks later in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP to beat them 15-14!!! lol Yes Pikeville is an elite team---in the past. I do not hate pikeville, i hate the stuck up attitudes of the some people that attend there. IMO Pikeville is the JBS of football. lmao But anyhoo, Pikeville may be an elite team later on down the road, and yes they were in the past....but atm Pikeville is just a normal everyday team that MAY beat a good team on a given friday....but elite year in and year out..no.
Ok read the entire thread next time. I meant no disrespect to Hazard, but he asked what they had done the past 3 years and had Hazard listed as an elite team. Well if you are an Elite team you don't get beat by a horrible team 42-6. When Hazard starts playing the schedule Pikeville does (non-district) They will realize that you aren't going to go 10-0 every year. Hazard is a good team and is my Favorite to win state this year, but if Pikeville has not been "elite" over the past 10 years then I'm sorry but neither has Hazard. But good luck to you guys in the Next season, unless you play the Panthers lolWink
A Decent Lineman Wrote:YES, we ALL know that Big Bad Pikeville whooped us 42-6 way back in 2006 in the regular season. BUT we fail to remember however that hazard came back 2 weeks later in the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP to beat them 15-14!!!

Panther Thunder Wrote:Ok read the entire thread next time. I meant no disrespect to Hazard, but he asked what they had done the past 3 years and had Hazard listed as an elite team. Well if you are an Elite team you don't get beat by a horrible team 42-6. When Hazard starts playing the schedule Pikeville does (non-district) They will realize that you aren't going to go 10-0 every year. Hazard is a good team and is my Favorite to win state this year, but if Pikeville has not been "elite" over the past 10 years then I'm sorry but neither has Hazard. But good luck to you guys in the Next season, unless you play the Panthers lolWink

I agree with you completely Panther Thunder. It makes no sense at all to rip Pikeville for no longer being an elite team, then to put Hazard in a list of "elite" teams. Rolleyes

That is nonsense. Even in the 2006 season that Lineman mentions, the two teams split the 2 games, with Pikeville winning theirs by 36 points while Hazard won by a single point. So if any team gets the edge in that season, it's Pikeville. Then, in 2007, the two teams did not play, but both teams were eliminated in the playoffs in blowout losses to the same team. So, I would call that a wash.

Bottom line, Pikeville is not the statewide power they once were. And they are not even the best program in their county. But in my opinion, to leave them off a list of the "elite" mountain programs shows an anti-Pikeville bias.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Elite teams in the moutains year in and year out ; Bell, Belfry,Breathitt,Russell, and Johnson Central.

Hazard will be an elite team for last year, this year coming and next year. and maybe so on for a few years.
Pikeville is an elite team as well going way back, and they do hold a big edge on Hazard win wise.

Pikeville and Hazard both come no where close to those teams, but the edge does go to pikeville, but in the years to come Hazard will have it.

Im not taking sides nether way even though i do have family that plays for hazard but both teams are going to do great this year and i look foward to a Hazard Pikeville matchup in the Playoffs.
bac2369 Wrote:Elite teams in the moutains year in and year out ; Bell, Belfry,Breathitt,Russell, and Johnson Central.

Hazard will be an elite team for last year, this year coming and next year. and maybe so on for a few years.
Pikeville is an elite team as well going way back, and they do hold a big edge on Hazard win wise.

Pikeville and Hazard both come no where close to those teams, but the edge does go to pikeville, but in the years to come Hazard will have it.

Im not taking sides nether way even though i do have family that plays for hazard but both teams are going to do great this year and i look foward to a Hazard Pikeville matchup in the Playoffs.

Pikeville does come close to those teams, Pikeville/Belfry series was even until Pikeville was down the last few years, and even then Pikeville whipped Belfry and was up until the last minute the last time the teams played at Pikeville...
Pikeville is second to no one in the mtns...3 championships, 3 runner ups, a zillion regional and district titles, been to the semis more than anyone...and Hazard won't have the edge in years to come either. Pikeville has a ton of talent walking the halls at the high school and elementary school. They will surprise people this coming season and will be more like the Pikeville of old very soon...

All in one guy's very humble opinion.:mad:
Play for a regional title for no less than 5 years in a row and win a few of them then you can think about calling your school elite.
Too Good Wrote:It seems every single year im on here the whole discussion is about how good pikeville is or how good their players are. DanielHarmon is the only good player on that team this year and he cannot do it by himself... everybody mentions how good that their linebackers are and that they are 'STUDS'! what have the 'STUDS' ever got mentioned or awarded for? besides being a bust every year and not winning the region....Pikeville is in the past . Yes they have had great teams but the key word is had! Thats all that it will be....and no i dont hate pikeville but why are they mentioned with the elite in the mountains?

Tim and Ted could have been bigger studs than what they were, but there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that you don't know about. They are good kids for the most part who deserve better than to have some anti-Pikeville person picking on them. Daniel Harmon is a great ball player who won't have to do it all this. Just because we lost a few seniors does not mean that other underclassman didn't start and perfrom well last year because there are plenty of other good plyers that will step up this year. There are a lot of really great players who do not mentioned for awards for whatever reasons but not getting these awards does not mean that you are not valuable to your team. You asked all your questions, now I have one for you Too Good. Instead of getting on here and whining about why you dislike Pikeville, come on down to the field on Thursday or Friday about 6 PM and let us know what we need to do to get these kids better since we aren't doing a good job in your eyes. Then we will set up a motivational conference for you to speak at to get team moral up. Then maybe if you have time you could talk to the entire school for us and talk the kids who should be playing into playing. It is easy to sit behind a computer with a made up screen name and bash people but when you get out there and try to make a difference in a kids life and others want to bring you down is just plain sad and pathtic.
This thread was probably allowed to go on too long with it's trash talking nature and personal player attacks.

It's done now.