Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville VS Knott County Central
The first game was both varsity teams final score 17-0, the 2nd game was Paintsville's JV vs KCC Varsity final score of that game was 11-1
KCC must be extremely down this year. They have yet to win a game. Is there a chance of them going the whole season without a win?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:KCC must be extremely down this year. They have yet to win a game. Is there a chance of them going the whole season without a win?

Must be. If a JV team beats a Varsity team here must be something wrong
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Must be. If a JV team beats a Varsity team here must be something wrong

From what I have seen this year the whole entire 14th region is down this season. There is no clear cut #1, and even the favorites are getting beat and barely beating medicore and weak teams.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:From what I have seen this year the whole entire 14th region is down this season. There is no clear cut #1, and even the favorites are getting beat and barely beating medicore and weak teams.

14th is usually decent
Colby Burchett went 4-4 for Paintsville.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:The first game was both varsity teams final score 17-0, the 2nd game was Paintsville's JV vs KCC Varsity final score of that game was 11-1

OK...every kid that played in this game for Paintsville dresses Varsity. So this was still a Varsity game. and was reported to the KHSAA. Yes, the entire bunch that started and played the entire game, except for one inning in CF by Butcher, are all reserves.
As a matter of fact Paintsville started 1 Jr, 2 Fr, 4 8th and 2 7th against Knott the second game and might I add, they did VERY well.
Dustin Vanhoose (8th), threw 5 complete inns., with 4 BBs, 7 Ks and only allowing 1 hit and 0 earned runs.
Fr - Shey Spencer - 2/3, 3runs
8th - Timmy Sublett - 2/3 (3 bagger), 3runs, 2 RBIs
7th - Colby Burchett - 4/4 (2 bagger), 2runs, 5 RBIs
8th - Jordan Stewart - 3/4, 1run, 3 RBIs
7th - Brooks Pelphrey - 1 RBI

All in All the Tigers played a very nice game. They pounded out 14 hits and only had one error. You could tell they were alittle nervous the first time around. But, when they got the second at bat it was on.
Knott is a very young team and a VERY good bunch of kids who are only gonna get better. Keep your heads up Patriots and Congrats Tigers.
Knott is very young. And they'll get better. Plus, Knott was without two important players due to injury. And Knott has won a game. It was against South Floyd (9-7).

Paintsville players, coaching staff, and boosters were great. Thanks for the great time we did have. Even though we lost, the boys did enjoy playing yesterday.
Let me add, if the 14th is down, then that would mean that we would have 1-2 teams that could be the top contender in the region. But, we have Estill, Powell, Hazard, Perry Central, and Letcher Central that could be region champions. Then we have teams that are getting better game by game and playing with the big dogs, so to speak. Jenkins, Breathitt, JBS, and Jackson City are those teams. So, IMO, the 14th is better than last year.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Let me add, if the 14th is down, then that would mean that we would have 1-2 teams that could be the top contender in the region. But, we have Estill, Powell, Hazard, Perry Central, and Letcher Central that could be region champions. Then we have teams that are getting better game by game and playing with the big dogs, so to speak. Jenkins, Breathitt, JBS, and Jackson City are those teams. So, IMO, the 14th is better than last year.

Just because there are a lot of teams that can win the 14th does not mean it is better than last year. I think the 14th was down last year too. I am comparing the 14th to the 15th and 16th when I say this, and even the 13th as well. I think out of these 4 regions the 14th is by far the worst. Having that many teams in which can win the region only means that the region is so down that its anybody's tournament. It is, just like last year, anybody's tournament. Who would have thought that LCC would have won last year. This year it will be the same thing. The 14th is so down that a really weak team can win the region. That just isn't going to happen in the other regions. The 16th has Boyd and Greenup, who year after year are among the states best. The 15th has Painstville, Lawrence, Johnson Central, etc. The 13th is the next weakest region because there is about 3 to 4 teams who have a shot in that region. You have South Laurel, Corbin, Bell County, and even maybe Clay County. I don't know another region in the state that is as weak as the 14th.

Another thing, Knott County Central is 0-17. 11 of those losses have been 5 inning mercy rule games. They have not won a game all year. I don't know if your referring to a scrimmage or not, but in the season they have not won a game. If you need proof here is a link.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...8?id=26983
OffTheHook Wrote:OK...every kid that played in this game for Paintsville dresses Varsity. So this was still a Varsity game. and was reported to the KHSAA. Yes, the entire bunch that started and played the entire game, except for one inning in CF by Butcher, are all reserves.
As a matter of fact Paintsville started 1 Jr, 2 Fr, 4 8th and 2 7th against Knott the second game and might I add, they did VERY well.
Dustin Vanhoose (8th), threw 5 complete inns., with 4 BBs, 7 Ks and only allowing 1 hit and 0 earned runs.
Fr - Shey Spencer - 2/3, 3runs
8th - Timmy Sublett - 2/3 (3 bagger), 3runs, 2 RBIs
7th - Colby Burchett - 4/4 (2 bagger), 2runs, 5 RBIs
8th - Jordan Stewart - 3/4, 1run, 3 RBIs
7th - Brooks Pelphrey - 1 RBI

All in All the Tigers played a very nice game. They pounded out 14 hits and only had one error. You could tell they were alittle nervous the first time around. But, when they got the second at bat it was on.
Knott is a very young team and a VERY good bunch of kids who are only gonna get better. Keep your heads up Patriots and Congrats Tigers.

Brooks Pelphrey had 2 RBI's and went 1-3 Big Grin
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Just because there are a lot of teams that can win the 14th does not mean it is better than last year. I think the 14th was down last year too. I am comparing the 14th to the 15th and 16th when I say this, and even the 13th as well. I think out of these 4 regions the 14th is by far the worst. Having that many teams in which can win the region only means that the region is so down that its anybody's tournament. It is, just like last year, anybody's tournament. Who would have thought that LCC would have won last year. This year it will be the same thing. The 14th is so down that a really weak team can win the region. That just isn't going to happen in the other regions. The 16th has Boyd and Greenup, who year after year are among the states best. The 15th has Painstville, Lawrence, Johnson Central, etc. The 13th is the next weakest region because there is about 3 to 4 teams who have a shot in that region. You have South Laurel, Corbin, Bell County, and even maybe Clay County. I don't know another region in the state that is as weak as the 14th.

Another thing, Knott County Central is 0-17. 11 of those losses have been 5 inning mercy rule games. They have not won a game all year. I don't know if your referring to a scrimmage or not, but in the season they have not won a game. If you need proof here is a link.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...8?id=26983

Your opinion differs from mine and that's OK. While you are checking out the scoreboard, look at the top 14th region teams and look who they have defeated this season.

The game wasn't on the original schedule that was sent to KHSAA. Knott played South Floyd and won 9-7, no scrimmage. I don't know why it wasn't reported, but that's left up to KCC and SF.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Brooks Pelphrey had 2 RBI's and went 1-3 Big Grin

I beg to differ bubby.
1st at bat - reached on an E6, no one scored - Bottom of 2nd
2nd at bat - Sac Fly to Left, scored Stewart - Bottom of 3rd
3rd at bat - lined out to short, no one scored (3rd out) - Bottom of the 4th

Pelphrey had a hit and RBI in the first game but not this one. Was just giving the stats for this game.
OffTheHook Wrote:I beg to differ bubby.
1st at bat - reached on an E6, no one scored - Bottom of 2nd
2nd at bat - Sac Fly to Left, scored Stewart - Bottom of 3rd
3rd at bat - lined out to short, no one scored (3rd out) - Bottom of the 4th

Pelphrey had a hit and RBI in the first game but not this one. Was just giving the stats for this game.

The bases were loaded when he got a hit in the first game.Im am pretty sure.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:The bases were loaded when he got a hit in the first game.Im am pretty sure.

I just stated that he had a hit and RBI in the first game and yes they were loaded.
OffTheHook Wrote:I just stated that he had a hit and RBI in the first game and yes they were loaded.

ohh srry.lol I aplogize.
KCC is a very young team, give them a couple of years and they will be decent. they have a good coach. just give them time.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Your opinion differs from mine and that's OK. While you are checking out the scoreboard, look at the top 14th region teams and look who they have defeated this season.

The game wasn't on the original schedule that was sent to KHSAA. Knott played South Floyd and won 9-7, no scrimmage. I don't know why it wasn't reported, but that's left up to KCC and SF.

The game was called due to darkness before it was official. No continuation date announced.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Your opinion differs from mine and that's OK. While you are checking out the scoreboard, look at the top 14th region teams and look who they have defeated this season.

I know that was a good point on why the 14th is down. The only people the 14th is beating is...the 14th, why the exception of one team. I don't understand why is wasn't on the schedule or why they wouldn't call it in if it was their only win. You would think they would have called it in if they actually won. Doesn't make any sense to me. When was this game allegedly played?
sacbunt Wrote:The game was called due to darkness before it was official. No continuation date announced.

Yes the game was called due to darkness. However, it was an official game. The game was called after the 6th. The game was played at South Floyd. The game was played on the 18th of this month.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I know that was a good point on why the 14th is down. The only people the 14th is beating is...the 14th, why the exception of one team. I don't understand why is wasn't on the schedule or why they wouldn't call it in if it was their only win. You would think they would have called it in if they actually won. Doesn't make any sense to me. When was this game allegedly played?

Powell has beat George Rogers Clark (10th Region {record}15-4), Montgomery (10th 11-8), East Carter (16th 18-6), and lost to Harrison County 0-1 in a very good game of pitching.

Hazard has beat Cumberland (13th 10-2), Prestonsburg (11-5) and played with Lawerence a good game.

Estill has beat Madison Central (11th 11-8), North Laurel (13th 11-9)

And Letcher Central has beaten Bryan Station and Montgomery County.

That's 4 teams in the 14th that have beaten some pretty good teams out of the region.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Powell has beat George Rogers Clark (10th Region {record}15-4), Montgomery (10th 11-8), East Carter (16th 18-6), and lost to Harrison County 0-1 in a very good game of pitching.

Hazard has beat Cumberland (13th 10-2), Prestonsburg (11-5) and played with Lawerence a good game.

Estill has beat Madison Central (11th 11-8), North Laurel (13th 11-9)

And Letcher Central has beaten Bryan Station and Montgomery County.

That's 4 teams in the 14th that have beaten some pretty good teams out of the region.

Well consider who you have mentioned? If you would have seen these games you would have seen how down these teams are this year. Montgomery was a good win, but that's only because Gene Combs. Their talent level isn't anywhere close to being at a top notch level, but if you beat Gene than good for you. GRC has their worst team in recent memory, East Carter only has one pitcher and no hitting, Harrison is even down this year. The 13th region is in about the same shape as the 14th, and Prestonsburg? Come on, look who they have beaten. When you play that schedule anybody can have that record. Estill is the exception, I think they are a legit team, but the rest are very suspect. I have seen all but Madison Central and Bryan Station play, and the rest are really down.
Good game by both teams. Sportsmanship is what matters people. Both teams were good. As I have said before, everyone can have good or bad days. Paintsville had a very good one. Congrats
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well consider who you have mentioned? If you would have seen these games you would have seen how down these teams are this year. Montgomery was a good win, but that's only because Gene Combs. Their talent level isn't anywhere close to being at a top notch level, but if you beat Gene than good for you. GRC has their worst team in recent memory, East Carter only has one pitcher and no hitting, Harrison is even down this year. The 13th region is in about the same shape as the 14th, and Prestonsburg? Come on, look who they have beaten. When you play that schedule anybody can have that record. Estill is the exception, I think they are a legit team, but the rest are very suspect. I have seen all but Madison Central and Bryan Station play, and the rest are really down.

So, by your assumption, the 15th is the best region in the state? OK. :notworthy
Jeter_theman Wrote:So, by your assumption, the 15th is the best region in the state? OK. :notworthy

That is by far nothing of what I said. It's not even close. I would say that the 14th is the worst, followed by the 13th region, then the 1st region, then the 15th, then the 16th. I think if you want to know who I think are the worst 5 regions in the state hear they are.
Well, this forum went from the game to who has the worst region real quick. Come on people.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, this forum went from the game to who has the worst region real quick. Come on people.

Yea my fault I shouldn't have let it go that far. I apologize.
Your an idiot jackrabbit. You bash everything. I wish we could all be as good as you maybe one day that will happen. I think everyone is tired of your opinion about how sucky everything is.
90FeetFromHome Wrote:Your an idiot jackrabbit. You bash everything. I wish we could all be as good as you maybe one day that will happen. I think everyone is tired of your opinion about how sucky everything is.

Oh thank you, I really appreciate it. Now go take your nap, and maybe when you get up you can have an intelligent conversation with someone besides yourself. You can't even begin to call me an idiot when you can't back up on how i'm wrong on the subject. I never bash anything unless it's the truth.

Sorry buddy but the truth is the truth. If it wasn't then provide me some information to where I was wrong on the subject. If you can then I am more than happy to hear it, because I simply state my opinion, and you, well you do whatever it is that you do. So go ahead let's hear it, if you can tell me I am wrong on what I said then atleast have some backbone to back it up with information as to how or why!
Jeter_theman Wrote:Yes the game was called due to darkness. However, it was an official game. The game was called after the 6th. The game was played at South Floyd. The game was played on the 18th of this month.

It is not official until the game is completed. It is considered a suspended game.

From the KHSAA Hanbook:
XIII) Special Tournament and Regular Season Rules

G) Interrupted Games
1) If a game is interrupted in tournament play or in regular season
play, and is subsequently to be completed, it will be reset at
the same point, same inning, same out or outs, same balls and
strikes, same batter or number of batter in the batting order.
H) Complete Game
In regular season, and postseason, a complete game of 6 1/2 or
7 innings must be played unless other National Federation rules
apply to the situation. All games in a seeded district must be
played to completion.