Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 10 Phelps 3 (Game 1)
Final
congrats Magoffin
Great game by Senior Kelli Hall at the plate and on the field. Way to go Lady Hornets.
Great Job Kelly, I guess the Hornets are still getting wins even if it against bottom of the region. We see how much the Hornets improve Tuesday night at Central. I will say JC in 5 because they want make errors this time that gave the Hornets 4 runs in the first.
MC #1 Wrote:Great Job Kelly, I guess the Hornets are still getting wins even if it against bottom of the region. We see how much the Hornets improve Tuesday night at Central. I will say JC in 5 because they want make errors this time that gave the Hornets 4 runs in the first.

First, was the "bottom of the region" comment necessary? Phelps had three starters out. Magoffin Co. has really nice team and Phelps may not be able to beat them anyway. But Magoffin Co. is not so good that you can refer to other teams as the bottom. The 15-2 record is really nice but I don't see East Ridge, Shelby Valley, or Pikeville on the schedule either. It's pretty easy to go 15-2 when you don't play the top teams in the region. We'll see how you do against Lawrence Co.
kyfan Wrote:First, was the "bottom of the region" comment necessary? Phelps had three starters out. Magoffin Co. has really nice team and Phelps may not be able to beat them anyway. But Magoffin Co. is not so good that you can refer to other teams as the bottom. The 15-2 record is really nice but I don't see East Ridge, Shelby Valley, or Pikeville on the schedule either. It's pretty easy to go 15-2 when you don't play the top teams in the region. We'll see how you do against Lawrence Co.

I don't think MC #1 was trying to put anyone in the region down, other than Magoffin County.
kyfan Wrote:First, was the "bottom of the region" comment necessary? Phelps had three starters out. Magoffin Co. has really nice team and Phelps may not be able to beat them anyway. But Magoffin Co. is not so good that you can refer to other teams as the bottom. The 15-2 record is really nice but I don't see East Ridge, Shelby Valley, or Pikeville on the schedule either. It's pretty easy to go 15-2 when you don't play the top teams in the region. We'll see how you do against Lawrence Co.

:Cheerlead Most ALL of MC#1's comments are not necessary....they're usually downright RUDE. MCHS is working hard to improve their game every day & trying to be the best that they can be. ..MC#1 doesn't appear to be a Magoffin fan....maybe he's from Morgan or Menifee ......idk but he always seems to be peeeed about something.................haha:Cheerlead
HomePlate Wrote::Cheerlead Most ALL of MC#1's comments are not necessary....they're usually downright RUDE. MCHS is working hard to improve their game every day & trying to be the best that they can be. ..MC#1 doesn't appear to be a Magoffin fan....maybe he's from Morgan or Menifee ......idk but he always seems to be peeeed about something.................haha:Cheerlead

Or, could it be that MC #1 is a disgruntled Magoffin parent, a former player, or someone that is upset because they are not part of the coaching staff? :confused:

Why is it, that whenever something is going good in Magoffin County, there is always someone from Magoffin trying to knock it down? Usually because they aren't part of it or they are just plain jealous?
Give these girls and coaching staff some credit. They have worked really hard this season and in the off season and it is showing on the diamond. :notworthy
I think that Magoffin and Phelps are both good teams in this region. People with negative comments should stay off and let these kids enjoy playing softball. Good Luck to both Hornet teams.
Time to say what everyone who is close to and supports this Lady Hornets team knows....1.) The schedule is not as strong as last years but with the exception of playing PIkeville and the North Laurel Tournament it is pretty much the same. The negative people on here fail to point out that MC has swept Paintsville and shut out P'burg in the first game of the season this year and both teams beat MC last year with P'burg winning by mercy toward the end of the season. 2.) Even if the schedule is not as strong, this is a MC team that is young (1 Senior) and is getting better each game. The wins they are getting is giving them confidence and they are thinking that they can beat each team they play.
I
Time to say what everyone who is close to and supports this Lady Hornets team knows....1.) The schedule is not as strong as last years but with the exception of playing PIkeville and the North Laurel Tournament it is pretty much the same. The negative people on here fail to point out that MC has swept Paintsville and shut out P'burg in the first game of the season this year and both teams beat MC last year with P'burg winning by mercy toward the end of the season. 2.) Even if the schedule is not as strong, this is a MC team that is young (1 Senior) and is getting better each game. The wins they are getting is giving them confidence and they are thinking that they can beat each team they play.
These kids are having a great time and I doubt that they let the negative comments get to them so you're probably just making an A#@ out of yourslef by some of the ignorant comments that are being posted whoever you might be.
In My Opinion Wrote:Time to say what everyone who is close to and supports this Lady Hornets team knows....1.) The schedule is not as strong as last years but with the exception of playing PIkeville and the North Laurel Tournament it is pretty much the same. The negative people on here fail to point out that MC has swept Paintsville and shut out P'burg in the first game of the season this year and both teams beat MC last year with P'burg winning by mercy toward the end of the season. 2.) Even if the schedule is not as strong, this is a MC team that is young (1 Senior) and is getting better each game. The wins they are getting is giving them confidence and they are thinking that they can beat each team they play.
These kids are having a great time and I doubt that they let the negative comments get to them so you're probably just making an A#@ out of yourslef by some of the ignorant comments that are being posted whoever you might be.

Shelby Valley was on that schedule last year too. Along with Lawrence Co. twice not once.
I agree with Bundy, Coaches did the girls no favorite leaving SV, Pikeville, and East Ridge of the schedule, since these teams seems always in the mix of a regional champioship.
In My Opinion Wrote:Time to say what everyone who is close to and supports this Lady Hornets team knows....1.) The schedule is not as strong as last years but with the exception of playing PIkeville and the North Laurel Tournament it is pretty much the same. The negative people on here fail to point out that MC has swept Paintsville and shut out P'burg in the first game of the season this year and both teams beat MC last year with P'burg winning by mercy toward the end of the season. 2.) Even if the schedule is not as strong, this is a MC team that is young (1 Senior) and is getting better each game. The wins they are getting is giving them confidence and they are thinking that they can beat each team they play.

I'm just pointed out facts that Coach Holbrook and his staff are getting wins without really pushing these girls to toward their full potential by not plaing best teams in the 15th.
MC #1 Wrote:I agree with Bundy, Coaches did the girls no favorite leaving SV, Pikeville, and East Ridge of the schedule, since these teams seems always in the mix of a regional champioship.

Ok, lets look at the above mentioned teams that you are saying are that much better than the teams on MCHS schedule and compare, shall we?

1. East Ridge- Splits with Phelps,
GM1 Phelps 1 ER 0,
Gm 2, East Ridge 3 Phelps 0

MCHS wins both games

GM 1 MCHS 10 Phelps 3
GM 2 MCHS 10 Phelps 1

2. East Ridge YS Paintsville
Paintsville 10 East Ridge 2

MCHS beats Paintsville 2 times
GM 1 MCHS 8 Paintsville 7
GM 2 MCHS 14 Paintsville 8

There are some other comparisons that could be made but as you can see I don't see where ER is any better than the competition that MCHS is playing.

Now lets look at Pikeville,
Pikeville beats Paintsville three times but loses to Paintsville too.
GM1- 15 to 5 Pikeville, Gm 2- 9 to 4 Pikeville, Gm 3- Paintsville wins 9 to 3, and Gm 4- pikeville wins 6 to 3 all games except the first were good games.
They split with East Ridge, I hope you see what I'm trying to say, these two teams are good teams but so are the teams on MCHS shedule.

Now Shelby Valley on the other hand I have no arguement with you on that.
Even tho East Ridge did split with them.

What I'm saying is this, the schedule that MCHS has is plenty touch enough and there are plenty of teams on there that could beat anybody anytime, just check the records and see for yourself. Oh and BTW I have looked back through some past years schedules and didn't really see alot of differences from then and now and when I did see abit tougher schedule it looked to me like that was where no favors were done for the girls except to pile up losses and still go nowhere.
Oh yea, the best teams in the region are Lawrence, Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, and then the rest including MCHS, so you see MC#1 MCHS is playing the best in the region with LC and JC on their schedule too.
I'd just like to say that I think the Lady Hornets are doing an awesome job this year no matter who there playing. I see the sky is the limit for these young girls.
I must agree with goms33 this team looks good to me from what I have seen, just seen them a few games though.