Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Trip to Alaska
Well last week I traveled the 4000 miles to visit my fam. in Fairbanks, Alaska. It was somewhere I never thought I would want to go, but to my surprise, it was very, very lovely. The mountains were just spectacular. I saw Mt. McKinley in Denali Park.. and... heres the biggie.. I went to North Pole and seen Santa's House and reindeer! Big Grin If and when I ever have time, I'll try to upload some pics in here, because they are just beautiful. If you ever get a chance to visit.. I highly recommend it. However, it was quite cold.. just 8 degrees when we arrived! :yikes:
I've always wanted to go there!! Even thought about it for honeymoon. I'd love to hear more or see pics.
Thats awesome! Hope you can get some pics on here.
Alaska is freaking awesome! The weather is better than people assume, especially during the summer time. Did you drive that bad boy? If so, did it take you around 2 weeks?
Geez no I didnt drive. lol We flew from Cincy to Seattle and on into Fairbanks. It was beautiful. But it was cold.. around 30 degrees the whole time. But in the summer it was around 70 I think. Well that was what my cousin said anyways.
Brittany0121 Wrote:Well last week I traveled the 4000 miles to visit my fam. in Fairbanks, Alaska. It was somewhere I never thought I would want to go, but to my surprise, it was very, very lovely. The mountains were just spectacular. I saw Mt. McKinley in Denali Park.. and... heres the biggie.. I went to North Pole and seen Santa's House and reindeer! Big Grin If and when I ever have time, I'll try to upload some pics in here, because they are just beautiful. If you ever get a chance to visit.. I highly recommend it. However, it was quite cold.. just 8 degrees when we arrived! :yikes:

I spent some time at the North Pole several years ago (during the winter months) and your right it is a beautiful place, drove by Santa's house everyday. We drove all 1,500 miles of the Alaskan highway to Fairbanks, I would love to drive it again but only in during the summer months lol.
I've done 2 cruises in Alaska in the summer and it is a beautiful place. Definitely worth the trip if you ever get a chance to go. But do it in the summer, it was usually around 70-75 during the day but even got up into the mid 80s for a couple of days that I was there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes we said the next time we go back it will be the middle of summer and not the beginning of April! Smile