Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg's New Schedule
Betsy Layne has been dropped, Paintsville has been moved to the first game of the year, and we picked up Cooper from Boone County. Does anyone know anything about Cooper?

Prestonsburg Blackcats 2008

Aug. 15 Clay County -- Home (Scrimmage)
Aug. 22 Sheldon Clark -- Home (Scrimmage)
Aug. 30 Paintsville -- Home (Joe P. Tackett Bowl)
Sept. 5 Breathitt County -- Home
Sept. 12 Bath County -- Away (District Game)
Sept. 19 Lawrence County -- Away
Sept. 26 Morgan County -- Home (District Game)
Oct. 3 OPEN
Oct. 11 Beechwood -- Away
Oct. 17 Pikeville -- Home
Oct. 25 Cooper -- Away
Oct. 31 Shelby Valley -- Away
Nov. 17 Perry Central -- Home
Hum---well if the Jim Tom story about being an asst. at Pburg is true then that should make for an interesting first game from a storyline point. Former head coach (now asst.) vs. 1st game head coach (former asst. for the other). If memory serves Kinner also played for the Tigers when Allen as an asst. coach there in the 90s. Interesting....
Cooper High School is a new school in the Boone County School District. They just hired Ludlow's coach and don't even have a team yet. The school was started because of high enrollment problems at the other Boone County high schools. Kids from Ryle High School and Boone County High are expected to transfer there or if they live in the Cooper school district will be required to go there.

Its going to be hard for this team to have a successful season, especially if they play a 6A schedule. But in do time they probably will have a nice program.
Prestonsburg's schedule should look like this...

Clay County (Scrimmage)
Sheldon Clark (Scrimmage)
Paintsville (Joe P. Tackett Bowl)
Breathitt County
*@ Bath County
@ Lawrence County
*Morgan County
Cooper
@ Beechwood
Pikeville
OPEN
*@ Shelby Valley
Perry County Central

*=District Game
transplanttiger Wrote:Hum---well if the Jim Tom story about being an asst. at Pburg is true then that should make for an interesting first game from a storyline point. Former head coach (now asst.) vs. 1st game head coach (former asst. for the other). If memory serves Kinner also played for the Tigers when Allen as an asst. coach there in the 90s. Interesting....

How so?? That sort of thing happens all of the time in every sport. Besides, JTA will not be the man in charge of the Blackcats and you can't compare the Tigers and Blackcat teams just based on their coaches. So I really don't see any significance to it.
I don't blame them from dropping BL. The two games picked up should be nice additions. A game against Boone will be much more beneficial than a game against BL.
blackcat_student Wrote:Cooper High School is a new school in the Boone County School District. They just hired Ludlow's coach and don't even have a team yet. The school was started because of high enrollment problems at the other Boone County high schools. Kids from Ryle High School and Boone County High are expected to transfer there or if they live in the Cooper school district will be required to go there.

Its going to be hard for this team to have a successful season, especially if they play a 6A schedule. But in do time they probably will have a nice program.
If I was one of those kids I would take it to the Supreme Court that I wouldn't HAVE to go anywhere. You can't let a kid go to a school his whole life and then require he go somewhere else.
Pburg has a good schedule this year. I expect them to be a state contender again. but as far as their regualr season schedule I think they should beat Paintsville, Bath County, Lawrence County, Morgan County, Cooper, Perry County Central and Shelby Valley...Losses to Breathitt County, possiblly Pikeville, and Beechwood. Good luck next season Blackcats!
warriorpride Wrote:Pburg has a good schedule this year. I expect them to be a state contender again. but as far as their regualr season schedule I think they should beat Paintsville, Bath County, Lawrence County, Morgan County, Cooper, Perry County Central and Shelby Valley...Losses to Breathitt County, possiblly Pikeville, and Beechwood. Good luck next season Blackcats!
I dont see the blackcats losing to Pikeville next season.
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg's schedule should look like this...

Clay County (Scrimmage)
Sheldon Clark (Scrimmage)
Paintsville (Joe P. Tackett Bowl)
Breathitt County
*@ Bath County
@ Lawrence County
*Morgan County
Cooper
@ Beechwood
Pikeville
OPEN
*@ Shelby Valley
Perry County Central

*=District Game
Are you positive on this? I looked at the schedule today and Pikeville was moved up and the Cooper game was listed as AWAY the week after Beechwood. Not sure which one is correct.
Panther Thunder Wrote:If I was one of those kids I would take it to the Supreme Court that I wouldn't HAVE to go anywhere. You can't let a kid go to a school his whole life and then require he go somewhere else.

Seniors at Boone County High, Conner High, and Ryle High are allowed to choose whether they want to stay at there current schools or goto Cooper High. Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors within the Cooper High School District are supposed to attend Cooper High.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Are you positive on this? I looked at the schedule today and Pikeville was moved up and the Cooper game was listed as AWAY the week after Beechwood. Not sure which one is correct.

I just figured since the Paintsville game was moved to the first game of the season that the Cooper game would fall into the week that the Paintsville game was originally scheduled, but you may be right.