Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concert/Youth Rally - Versailles, KY
There will be a youth rally and concert this Wednesday, April 9th at Southside Christian Church in Versailles, KY.

The program will start at 6:30 PM, but only those attending the youth rally will be able to get in at this time. The concert will start at approx. 7:30 PM and will be open to the public.

The concert will feature two groups.

The first to take the stage will be EYESUPONUS, a Christian alternative band from Central KY that has played at Ichthus and has a CD coming out in a couple weeks.

The second band is ilia, a Christian rock/hardcore group from Pine Bluff, Arkansas/Springhill, TN who is kicking off their nationwide tour in a few days. ilia also has an EP out which you can purchase or download.

Here are their Myspace pages:

http://www.myspace.com/eyesuponus
and
http://www.myspace.com/iliamusic

Please check out both and if you are in the area, feel free to attend the concert, this Wednesday at 7:30 PM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wanted to expand on how ilia came about playing this event since they're not being advertised as being a part of the show.

As I mentioned earlier, ilia begins their tour on April 12 in Pennsylvania, they were going to be traveling through KY on the 9th and since they were going to be staying over they were looking for a place to play. The guys with EYESUPONUS offered to let them play at the youth rally and got it okayed by management and the church. At about 8 PM tonight confirmation was given that they would be playing the show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ilia sounds bad @$$, i like it that they are a all girl band. Kind of reminds me of paramore with the girl singer. IF PARAMORE WAS hardcore and an all girl band.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Ilia sounds bad @$$, i like it that they are a all girl band. Kind of reminds me of paramore with the girl singer. IF PARAMORE WAS hardcore and an all girl band.

You're right, I couldn't place it, but ilia does sound like a harder version of Paramore.

Got some bad news tonight though, ilia will no longer be playing this show. They have had a scheduling conflict, but will be coming back to the area in a couple months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:You're right, I couldn't place it, but ilia does sound like a harder version of Paramore.

Got some bad news tonight though, ilia will no longer be playing this show. They have had a scheduling conflict, but will be coming back to the area in a couple months.
Yeah I love paramore pretty excited about the release of RIOT!

Well you will have to keep me informed on when they will be in KY b/c I would def. like to watch them if not soon then im sure I will catch them at Ichthus!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah I love paramore pretty excited about the release of RIOT!

Well you will have to keep me informed on when they will be in KY b/c I would def. like to watch them if not soon then im sure I will catch them at Ichthus!

Yes, they will be at Ichthus, but they are also doing a couple more in KY.

I know they are playing one show in Pineville, KY (yes, Pineville, not Pikeville) and they are supposed to do another show around Lexington the day before Ichthus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just some words of advice if you're planning on going to Ichthus this year as well. If possible, get someone on UK's campus to get you tickets.

For the last couple of years they have been handing them out like crazy. I know a couple days before Ichthus they had probably 200 free tickets that they were giving away at K-Lair and other eateries around UK's campus. So if you know someone there, have them pick one up for you. Might save you a few bucks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Just some words of advice if you're planning on going to Ichthus this year as well. If possible, get someone on UK's campus to get you tickets.

For the last couple of years they have been handing them out like crazy. I know a couple days before Ichthus they had probably 200 free tickets that they were giving away at K-Lair and other eateries around UK's campus. So if you know someone there, have them pick one up for you. Might save you a few bucks.
The problem that i run into there is it will be me, my girlfriend, her mom and little brother lol. But if they do not go then I def will do that it will save me around 100 dollars lol. So CE when is Paradigm getting back together for one last show? lol j/p
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:The problem that i run into there is it will be me, my girlfriend, her mom and little brother lol. But if they do not go then I def will do that it will save me around 100 dollars lol. So CE when is Paradigm getting back together for one last show? lol j/p

I doubt it will ever happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I doubt it will ever happen.
lol i know I was just playing with you any how, do you ever talk to the others?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lol i know I was just playing with you any how, do you ever talk to the others?

I see the old singer regularly, but haven't seen the others in years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]