Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA 2-Year Rule Could Change Monday
This is great news for big time programs. Meaning a player must have have two years of college basketball, or an equivalent, before joining the professional ranks.

http://johnclay.typepad.com/sidelines/20...-rule.html

Why I think this is good is because players will not worry about going straight to the NBA anymore, they will actually look for a program that they can win at.
I hope this happens
Would be awesome if this happened. Should have been done a long time ago.
I was thinkin more like makin em stay all 4 years.
Would be alot better if they did this.
It's kind of funny. I gave a speech in speech class last year on why I thought players should be required to stay a minimum of 2 years in college before going to the NBA. I think this could do nothing but good for college basketball.
This would be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I'm all for it. Would only make the college game better which IMO is good because I hate the NBA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4_real Wrote:I was thinkin more like makin em stay all 4 years.
I agree with you I think in time it will come to making them play 4 years and get a degree.
Hopefully it will happen down the road. I think the college game has improved with the one year rule. Its also helped the NBA by making their rookies more ready to make and impact in the league.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I agree with you I think in time it will come to making them play 4 years and get a degree.
i would love to see that but I doubt it will.Some will get together and scream collusion and sue the ncaa
The Fan Wrote:i would love to see that but I doubt it will.Some will get together and scream collusion and sue the ncaa
lol i that one made me laugh. Not the NCAA decision it is the NBA's, so its simply like any other job you must have to have a degree to get the job why not with the NBA as well. Most of these guys retire or get hurt and blow their money this would be a good way for them to have something to fall back on.
I don't see the point in the age limit or number of years of college I say if the kid can play in the NBA out of highschool then let him play and get drafted.
i agree with keeping players for 2 years but if they are good enough to go pro i think they should be able to go. Take Michael Beasley from k-state everyone knows he is good enough for the NBA just like eric gordon and derrick rose.
Still not as good as the NFL's policy. You have to be 3 years removed from high school before you can enter the NFL draft.

But the NBA is actually getting better. It is almost fun to watch again.
HawksRule Wrote:I don't see the point in the age limit or number of years of college I say if the kid can play in the NBA out of highschool then let him play and get drafted.
When you let this happen though kids are just WAYYYYYYY to immature to be out on their own. Most of them have just got old enough to vote needless to say make HUGE personal decisions such as where do I invest my money and such. IMO age limit to enter the draft since I do not see it going to you must have a degree to enter the draft should be 21.
4_real Wrote:I was thinkin more like makin em stay all 4 years.
Goodpoint. If they want to go out of high school, let them, it will only hurt the NBA. If they go to college though they should stay all 4 years.
Beef Wrote:I'm all for it. Would only make the college game better which IMO is good because I hate the NBA.

I agree with Beef, it would do a lot for the college game and I'm not much for the NBA either.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
i think it should be like football, 3 years then you have your decision to make
High school players isnt hurting the NBA, College players are.