Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Sutton resigns as Oklahoma State basketball coach.
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP)—Oklahoma State basketball coach Sean Sutton resigned under pressure Tuesday following a 17-16 season.

Athletic director Mike Holder met with Sutton on Monday to discuss the state of the program. The move comes almost two weeks after Sutton completed his second season.

In a statement released by the university, Holder called this a “sad day for me personally and this university.” He said he and Sutton agreed on the decision and a national search for a successor will begin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=...&type=lgns
He went 39-29 in his two seasons there and he just didnt cut it at OK STATE. Two main candidates are Billy Gillispie and Bill Self. What does everyone think?
Well atleast he beat them too the punch... I hope that he gets the WKU job.
-STAT- Wrote:He went 39-29 in his two seasons there and he just didnt cut it at OK STATE. Two main candidates are Billy Gillispie and Bill Self. What does everyone think?

I don't think Bill Self or Billy G will go. Bill is coaching one of the powerhouses of college basketball. I don't think he would wanna eave IMO. And Billy G, I don't see him leaving UK for a long time.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I don't think Bill Self or Billy G will go. Bill is coaching one of the powerhouses of college basketball. I don't think he would wanna eave IMO. And Billy G, I don't see him leaving UK for a long time.

I would hate to lose Billy G but if OSU is really going to offer the 20 million dollars given by T Boone Pickens for their next head coach, you cant blame anyone for going there.