Poll: What is more logical Science or Religion
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Science
27.78%
Religion
72.22%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science vs Religion
This can be a very touchy subject. I just wanted to get everyones opinion on this matter. Various subjected can be debated among each side such as dinosaurs or evoultion.
I believe that Science is more logical which is what you asked. But, normally fact is much less linear than fiction.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
warriorpride Wrote:This can be a very touchy subject. I just wanted to get everyones opinion on this matter. Various subjected can be debated among each side such as dinosaurs or evoultion.

Dinosaurs fall into the evolution catagory.
Religion
vundy33 Wrote:Dinosaurs fall into the evolution catagory.

What ever you want to believe.
Let me see what my Bible says.....
I don't get caught up in either Religion of Science.
warriorpride Wrote:What ever you want to believe.

Huh? They fall into the evolution catagory. Doesn't the bible say the earth is only like 2000 and something years old? How would dinosaurs be associated with religion?
[YOUTUBE="Religion You Decide"]http://www.youtube.com/v/2aW2N46vf4Q&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/2aW2N46vf4Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">[/YOUTUBE]
vundy33 Wrote:Huh? They fall into the evolution catagory. Doesn't the bible say the earth is only like 2000 and something years old? How would dinosaurs be associated with religion?
No, it doesn't say that. It has been estimated to be a little over 2000 years since the death and resurrection of Christ. People in Genesis times alone used to live to be over 900 years.
Crossbones Wrote:No, it doesn't say that. It has been estimated to be a little over 2000 years since the death and resurrection of Christ. People in Genesis times alone used to live to be over 900 years.

The Bible I think is referring to the people of that time. I think the earth was made first and then along time later humans were made. Because if I remember it correctly God didn't like the idea of a big empty world with no life form.
That's what I think. Did the Bible come out and say that He made human beings right after or as He made the rest of the world? I'm not for sure

But I think there was time in between the creation of Earth and then the creation of Adam and Eve
Both. The Bible explains and gives references to many of the things that science states. Also science states that the Earth is millions of years old. And the Bible says God made the Earth in six days. Well how do we know how long his days were. Maybe he called days the stages of his creation. I believe that there are way too many circumstances and intricasies? in the Earth for it to be random. That continental shells move things were created. How could random acts have such a elaborate outcome. Also, about evolution. If things evolve why do people still look the way they did in ancient Egyptian, Roman, Chinese, and Mesopatamian art. I find it hard to believe that things would just quite evolving. So I believe that the Bible is true and that certain parts of science are true, but they are a result of the creation of God.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:That's what I think. Did the Bible come out and say that He made human beings right after or as He made the rest of the world? I'm not for sure

But I think there was time in between the creation of Earth and then the creation of Adam and Eve

God made people towards the end of his creation. I think on the fifth or sixth day.
The Bible states that in the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. It later says in the Bible that a day in Heaven is as a thousand years. God put time limits on human life after sin entered into them. The point being the first 7 days could have been 7 thousand years. I personally beleive the Word of God for everything it states and do not ? it. I try to study and understand it but not doubt it. But that is me.
As for religion and science, both can be logical and illogical. Then as to this thread question, there is the issue of which religion? But I'll assume we are talking about Christianity and I personally believe in creation not evolution!
Crossbones Wrote:The Bible states that in the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. It later says in the Bible that a day in Heaven is as a thousand years. God put time limits on human life after sin entered into them. The point being the first 7 days could have been 7 thousand years. I personally beleive the Word of God for everything it states and do not ? it. I try to study and understand it but not doubt it. But that is me.

That's what I think. A day back then wasn't the same length as we consider it now in present times
I Am Legend---alternate ending, Not to be used in this case.
Bible authorities state the Earth is around 6,000 - 10,000 years old. Dinosaurs are mentioned in the book of JOB and they are spoken of as currently living, which states that Dino;s lived during the time period of man. Some dino bones have been found in Alaska that still have the bone marrow on the inside..???? Now how could dinos be extinct for millions of years with bone marrow on the indide of them.
http://christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/home.html
try this out for you guys.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "