Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County 66 - Elliott County 62 (1st Round Sweet16)
Congrats Royals!
****... I think I was one fo the only people who picked Elliott to win this game. I really did think they would pull it off. Let this be a warning to anyone on their schedule next year because they got EVERYBODY back next year. They started 4 juniors and 1 freshman ALL year long. Shelby Valley, Elliott County, Hazard, and maybe Knott County will definately be the top teams in Eastern Kentucky next year, with SV and Elliot bein legit contenders to make a run for the state title IMO.
This was by far the best game of the tournament. Each team couldn't get the upper hand over each other which called for some great play. Darius had 17 points and sealed it with 2 FT's to end it but only shot 4/8 from the line. Elliott County is an awesome team and was firing on all cylinders last night, they will be a team to be reckoned with next season. Congrats to Mason on the close win.
Elliott only has two seniors. #30 and #32. 30 didn't really get a lot of playing time but he did get to play. But 32 will be missed as he is an excellent shooter. But I see Elliott making it back here next year and making some noise.
Oh yea and Congrats Mason co.!
Congrats to Mason Co.! Also, congrats to Elliott Co. which played a much better game against the Royals than during the regular season!
Tyler Maynard was the # 32 that hit the long 3 to put EC up twice. Great game to watch . The whole arena was for Elliott except one end ( Mason ).