Poll: Spanking?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I spank my child - because it is the most effective form of discipline
30.23%
Yes, I spank my child - because it helps me relieve my anger
0%
Yes, I spank my child - because that's how I was raised
6.98%
I don't have children, but if I did I would spank them
51.16%
I don't have children, but if I did I would not spank them
2.33%
No, I would not spank my child - it is not an effective form of punishment
4.65%
No, I would not spank my child - it is a cruel form of punishment
0%
No, I would not spank my child, but for another reason - PLEASE EXPLAIN
0%
Yes, I would spank my child, but for another reason - PLEASE EXPLAIN
2.33%
I have no opinion
2.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you spank your children?
Okay, I need help with an upcoming assignment where we have to get opposing sides on the issue of child spanking for discipline purposes.

If you would, please vote on if, and why you spank your children. There are a number of options above, so please read them all before making your vote.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All votes are private, so your anonymity is kept safe unless you want to comment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have several children and all have been spanked at one time or another. There really isn't an answer that applies to my situation.

Honestly I was raised that way but it was something that very seldom happened.

I was raised in a day and time that children respected their parents. I mouthed off to my mother once. Note I said only once and after that I realized that it was an inappropriate action. I was never beaten nor abused. I got spanked a few times and I turned out OK.

I know this is a rant but it seems like many of todays youth have no respect for anyone or anything. I have seen them back talk the teachers and other authority figures. It saddens me to see all of this happening.

I am on a first name basis with many of my children's teachers and coaches. They all know that I am available to them any time there is an issue with my kids. To many parents these days automatically think that their children do know wrong and if something happens it has to be someone else's fault.
i was spanked growing up.. and my children will also be spanked. the extent of the spanking will depend of what they did wrong. There is not a fine line between discipline and beating. anyone who has any sense knows that.

and i completely agree with Midee
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I don't have children but if I did and they were too break the rules they would be disciplined, like I was growing up.

That is the best way to teach discipline IMO.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:i was spanked growing up.. and my children will also be spanked. the extent of the spanking will depend of what they did wrong. There is not a fine line between discipline and beating. anyone who has any sense knows that.

and i completely agree with Midee

Yeah big daddy and mommy B are rough lol. Your dad scares me CTD what a big fella he is.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I was spanked growing up.. and my children will also be spanked.
Same here
Midee1 Wrote:I have several children and all have been spanked at one time or another. There really isn't an answer that applies to my situation.

Honestly I was raised that way but it was something that very seldom happened.

I was raised in a day and time that children respected their parents. I mouthed off to my mother once. Note I said only once and after that I realized that it was an inappropriate action. I was never beaten nor abused. I got spanked a few times and I turned out OK.

I know this is a rant but it seems like many of todays youth have no respect for anyone or anything. I have seen them back talk the teachers and other authority figures. It saddens me to see all of this happening.

I am on a first name basis with many of my children's teachers and coaches. They all know that I am available to them any time there is an issue with my kids. To many parents these days automatically think that their children do know wrong and if something happens it has to be someone else's fault.

Like Midee1, I was also raised in the day when a child repected their parents, I was also spanked (not beaten) as a child, and looking back, I should have been spanked more often. I think that the lack of respect by today's children can be blamed on several causes, the main one in my opinion is the lack of both parents being a part of the child's life, there are to many single parent homes or children being raised by grandparents who unable to give them the proper guidence.
Bible says..."Spare the Rod, Spoil the child". Its in proverbs I believe.
I don't have kids, but about spanking, I was and I will.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I have given my 2 very few spankings. To say they have been beat.... definatly not! They actually think they can run over me at times. I usually try to take things from them that they like the most such as: PS3, phones, cell phones, trips to the mall, friends over, four-wheelers, trips with friends to the movies, etc. I have on occasion busted both of mines tails though! ON that... their butts is what get a lick... NOT the face, arms, back or any other body part! LOL.... To be totally honest... I probably should have been giving them a little more "tea" as it was called when I got em'. LOLOL.....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Heck....my kids were 12 and 10 befor they rea;ized that they could go to bed without being spanked first!
My dad never spanked us, but it was the fear of disappointing him that kept us in line more than any physical punishment would have.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I have spanked my daughter 2 times and she is 17 now. When i did it was well received and the message came across and to the point. Now my son onthe other hand I do the same..... I have only had to really spank him a couple of times. 1-2 swats on the rear and that is it. No more. just to get the message across. it has really worked well, and the truth about the fear of disappointment is absolutley well said.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I was spanked when I was growing up and when I have kids they will get spanked if they deserve it. Now I'm only 17 and it will be a while before I have kids but even I know you gotta discipline your kids.
I use spanking because it is an effective form of discipline in young children. As children get older, I think it loses its effectiveness, and as my kids grow up I plan on spanking less and taking away privileges more often.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Never raise your hand to a child. It leaves your groin exposed.
lawrencefan Wrote:Never raise your hand to a child. It leaves your groin exposed.
why not? they raise them to teachers dont they?Cool
I would if I had kids...
We have 4 boys and the first one had a rookie dad. He took more from me than the others, but I never used any article, just my hand. A smack on the butt, gets their attention. Now I learned and now just a look from dad can get what they need.