Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky is a lock for the Tournament
According to Rivals we are a lock to get in the tournament.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/cont...CID=775347
I sure hope their right.
Thats just according to Rivals.com, the selection commitee is the one that decides upon who is in and who is out.

So UK fans don't take this for granted.
blackcat_student Wrote:Thats just according to Rivals.com, the selection commitee is the one that decides upon who is in and who is out.

So UK fans don't take this for granted.
of course not, but I hope there right.
UK dosen't deserve to be in the tourney. 12 losses is way to many to be considered. Why would a true fan of UK want the entire country to see what an embarassment they are. The so called experts that say UK is a lock are delusional and needs to be medicated. Move on and look forward to next season and hopefully they will have some players that can bring the program back to prominance.
obviously a gator fan.....

and i guess the fact that we are unbeaten in sec play on the home court means nothing. i dont think that uk should be judged on the beginning of the season, with a new coach, and a different roster, not to mention the injuries....its no wonder that they did not so good.
kyrifle Wrote:UK dosen't deserve to be in the tourney. 12 losses is way to many to be considered. Why would a true fan of UK want the entire country to see what an embarassment they are. The so called experts that say UK is a lock are delusional and needs to be medicated. Move on and look forward to next season and hopefully they will have some players that can bring the program back to prominance.

12 losses isnt terrible. Sure we got off to a rocky start but the Comittee looks more at how you are playing toward the end of the season and UK has won 11 of their last 14. And it would not be an embarrasment to play in the NCAA Tournament it would be a great accomplishment. I dont think any UK fan would be embarrased to see thier Cats playin the Tourney.
kyrifle Wrote:UK dosen't deserve to be in the tourney. 12 losses is way to many to be considered. Why would a true fan of UK want the entire country to see what an embarassment they are. The so called experts that say UK is a lock are delusional and needs to be medicated. Move on and look forward to next season and hopefully they will have some players that can bring the program back to prominance.

Obviously, you have not watched Kentucky play. They do have 12 losses and that is a lot to be in the tournament, but they were a game away from an SEC Regular Season Championship, beat two top 25 teams, and almost beat the #1 team in the nation on the road without their best player. It would be fair to say that they may not deserve to go to the tournament, but the only thing "embarrassing" is your incredibly insane statement.:thumpsup:
colts12 Wrote:12 losses isnt terrible. Sure we got off to a rocky start but the Comittee looks more at how you are playing toward the end of the season and UK has won 11 of their last 14. And it would not be an embarrasment to play in the NCAA Tournament it would be a great accomplishment. I dont think any UK fan would be embarrased to see thier Cats playin the Tourney.

I for one would be very embarrased to see them get in play one game and go home. I've been following UK since 1958 when Carroll Burchett was a cat and Claude Sullivan was calling the games instead of Cawood Ledford. Nobody wants UK to do well more than me, I'm just tired of the medcority that UK has sustained for the last 8 or 9 years. There are teams out there that deserve a shot at the tourney more than UK. I don't like the fact that they don't play very well, but it's a fact.
I would rather make it and be 1 and done than going to the NIT.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Obviously, you have not watched Kentucky play. They do have 12 losses and that is a lot to be in the tournament, but they were a game away from an SEC Regular Season Championship, beat two top 25 teams, and almost beat the #1 team in the nation on the road without their best player. It would be fair to say that they may not deserve to go to the tournament, but the only thing "embarrassing" is your incredibly insane statement.:thumpsup:

If you really think they need to get into the tourney with this record they have you're the one that is insane hoss. They beat two teams this year that was worth a crap. They lost to teams that a good NAIA team would destroy. Use your head and not your heart when you make statements like you did.
RavenBoy Wrote:I would rather make it and be 1 and done than going to the NIT.

NIT, they don't need to go to any tourney this year.
kyrifle Wrote:I for one would be very embarrased to see them get in play one game and go home. I've been following UK since 1958 when Carroll Burchett was a cat and Claude Sullivan was calling the games instead of Cawood Ledford. Nobody wants UK to do well more than me, I'm just tired of the medcority that UK has sustained for the last 8 or 9 years. There are teams out there that deserve a shot at the tourney more than UK. I don't like the fact that they don't play very well, but it's a fact.

I guess I understand what you're saying. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this particular subject.
I really don't want to but i'm going to have to agree. Kentucky doesn't deserve it, and I think the committee will realize this today after the Georgia game. They won't make the tournament. The lost today might have equivalent to losing to Gardner Webb. Georgia is that bad in the SEC, and to let them even play with them proves that Kentucky got lucky to win 12 games, and if they played them all over again they would more than likely win about 6 of those.
OMG Wrote:I really don't want to but i'm going to have to agree. Kentucky doesn't deserve it, and I think the committee will realize this today after the Georgia game. They won't make the tournament. The lost today might have equivalent to losing to Gardner Webb. Georgia is that bad in the SEC, and to let them even play with them proves that Kentucky got lucky to win 12 games, and if they played them all over again they would more than likely win about 6 of those.

Yes but they had already beaten Georgia twice before this in the regular season. That, and the fact that Kentucky was put in a very difficult situation having to play the game when they did, may cause the selection committee to look at this game a little bit differently.
UK will get in because were UK. We bring alot of money to the NCAA, and if we dont have 15 losses we will get in.
Does anyone else think it's a little funny and ironic that Lunardi from ESPN in his bracketology has us playing Texas A&M?
OMG Wrote:Does anyone else think it's a little funny and ironic that Lunardi from ESPN in his bracketology has us playing Texas A&M?
lol I wonder why? :brunettec
RavenBoy Wrote:lol I wonder why? :brunettec

He is really that stupid. But you never know they did the same thing when we had to play EKU that one year. And they nearly beat us.
OMG Wrote:I really don't want to but i'm going to have to agree. Kentucky doesn't deserve it, and I think the committee will realize this today after the Georgia game. They won't make the tournament. The lost today might have equivalent to losing to Gardner Webb. Georgia is that bad in the SEC, and to let them even play with them proves that Kentucky got lucky to win 12 games, and if they played them all over again they would more than likely win about 6 of those.

So you honestly think that it's more likely that UK got lucky an additional 6 times and won games in the SEC as opposed to they lost a nailbaiter of a game in unforeseen and unprecedented circumstances in the modern era of college basketball in the SEC tournament to UGA who had a good day?

Look at the contributing factors against UK today:
1. Crowd - Everyone knows that UK's crowd would have been much larger than any other crowd at the SEC tourny resulting in a home court type advantage.
2. Playing a relative Road Game - UGA and GT are rivals. UGA is accustomed to playing in that arena because they do it every other season.
3. Offense - Bradley and Jasper both had their worst statistical shooting night of the entire season.
4. The Layoff/Bye Game - Kentucky was ice cold to start the game and it showed. They hadn't played a game in 5 days. UGA had played 2 days ago. With the changing of the date of the game, UK's 1st round bye was essentially eliminated and turned in favor UGA. 5 days is just too long to go without a game while it gave ample time for UGA to recoup from their previous game.

There are a few more things, but these are just amazing things to overcome against any team in the SEC to force OT and nearly a win.

I give UGA a ton of credit. They played a great defense all day and once our long range jumpers weren't falling they went into a sagging defense to force us to take open jumpers which we weren't able to capitalize on.

Kentucky wasn't "lucky" to win 12 games in the SEC. They earned those wins like UGA did tonight. You play how and when you have to play and you accept the result.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I got a ? for kyrifle. well if uk doesnt deserve to get in then who does?
Tomcat68 Wrote:So you honestly think that it's more likely that UK got lucky an additional 6 times and won games in the SEC as opposed to they lost a nailbaiter of a game in unforeseen and unprecedented circumstances in the modern era of college basketball in the SEC tournament to UGA who had a good day?

1. Crowd - Everyone knows that UK's crowd would have been much larger than any other crowd at the SEC tourny resulting in a home court type advantage.
2. Playing a relative Road Game - UGA and GT are rivals. UGA is accustomed to playing in that arena because they do it every other season.
3. Offense - Bradley and Jasper both had their worst statistical shooting night of the entire season.
4. The Layoff/Bye Game - Kentucky was ice cold to start the game and it showed. They hadn't played a game in 5 days. UGA had played 2 days ago. With the changing of the date of the game, UK's 1st round bye was essentially eliminated and turned in favor UGA. 5 days is just too long to go without a game while it gave ample time for UGA to recoup from their previous game.

There are a few more things, but these are just amazing things to overcome against any team in the SEC to force OT and nearly a win.

I give UGA a ton of credit. They played a great defense all day and once our long range jumpers weren't falling they went into a sagging defense to force us to take open jumpers which we weren't able to capitalize on.

Kentucky wasn't "lucky" to win 12 games in the SEC. They earned those wins like UGA did tonight. You play how and when you have to play and you accept the result.

These are all irrelevant excuses for the same result...They Lost. The fact remains that UK was not the only team put into these situations. Every team left in the tournament has these same obstacles to overcome in regards to the stadium. I understand that they had a bad shooting day. You think the committee cares? You think they are going to say, "Oh well they just shot bad." No, I don't think they will.

They had a whole lot bigger of a crowd there today than any other of the 4 teams that had to play in Tech's gym.

The layoff is not even a question. They have went 4 days without a game and still won a couple of times, and I don't think that extra day contributed to the loss.

The bottomline is the fact that UK had the same things against them as the rest of the teams in the SEC and they just didn't show up to play and lost. No other excuse, they just didn't show up today!
Tomcat68 Wrote:So you honestly think that it's more likely that UK got lucky an additional 6 times and won games in the SEC as opposed to they lost a nailbaiter of a game in unforeseen and unprecedented circumstances in the modern era of college basketball in the SEC tournament to UGA who had a good day?

Thank YouTongueirateSho
I think I heard on ESPN that the only people allowed in the gym for the game were family members, coaches, medical personnel, and cheerleaders, etc. No others were to be admitted due to safety issues. I could be wrong but I did hear this on ESPN earlier today....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:I think I heard on ESPN that the only people allowed in the gym for the game were family members, coaches, medical personnel, and cheerleaders, etc. No others were to be admitted due to safety issues. I could be wrong but I did hear this on ESPN earlier today....

:confused:
Then why was Richie Farmer in there???
Brooks4Prez Wrote::confused:

?? They said that the area of the building that was damaged last night was not stable enough to have people sit in that particular part. I have NO clue what ESPN channel was on (3 men and 1 woman in a house... its on one of the espn channels all the time) but there was a mention to fan safety. As far as who they did let in I have no idea. I did notice that there wasn't a huge crowd there as one would expect but I will look on ESPN website and see if I can find anything about this and post a link!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
OMG Wrote:Does anyone else think it's a little funny and ironic that Lunardi from ESPN in his bracketology has us playing Texas A&M?
i just seen that it would be intresting and fun.
RavenBoy Wrote:Then why was Richie Farmer in there???

They had alumni listed as well.
He did so much for Kentucky to regain their respect...... He is family!!