Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region 08-09
Now that the season has just ended yet, we may as well look toward the 08-09 season.

Would be interested in seeing what everyone thinks of the region top teams coming back along with top teams in the district.

Comments !!
1. Johnson Central
2. Pike Central
3. Paintsville
4. East Ridge
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Lawrence Co.
7. Phelps
8. Magoffin Co.
9. Belfry
10. Pikeville
Like the ratings, agree that the 57th will again be the strongest district despite what the Phelps coach stated earlier in the season.

I will post my pre-season ratings later. :o
you must give the 1 and 2 spot to JC and PC at the time, but I believe by the end of the season PC will get defeated a lot more than they did this year. They have a big chance of not even winning the 60th district, it's going to be a fun season. I like your post Tubby Lover although I think I would move Phelps up a little bit more, and maybe put belfry before MC.
1)Johnson Central(Will Be the favorite)
2)Pike central (for now,losing Lowe to Graduation,will have to wait and see)
3)Shelby Valley(Will be a much more mature team,getting great leadership back)
4)Painstville(will miss Russell in the lineup but will be tuff)
5)Sheldon Clark
6)Phelps(Coached well and talented)
7)East Ridge(will be more mature and developed ballplayers)
8)Betsy Lane(good return starters)
9)Allen Central
10)Pikeville(losing 3 starters hurts)
10)Belfry(Will see what players are still on the team come next year,but for now tied for 10th)
Is BL returning all their starters? and what is Sheldon Clark going to have next year?
uksports99 Wrote:you must give the 1 and 2 spot to JC and PC at the time, but I believe by the end of the season PC will get defeated a lot more than they did this year. They have a big chance of not even winning the 60th district, it's going to be a fun season. I like your post Tubby Lover although I think I would move Phelps up a little bit more, and maybe put belfry before MC.

yeah...thats what everyone thought when they lost Haley Ratliff last year too. They proved everyone wrong then...and I'm sure they'll do it again.

Not to take anything away from Haley or Kayla but it takes more than one person to play basketball.
spidey Wrote:yeah...thats what everyone thought when they lost Haley Ratliff last year too. They proved everyone wrong then...and I'm sure they'll do it again.

Not to take anything away from Haley or Kayla but it takes more than one person to play basketball.

I agree with this, but I never thought Haley would be a big loss she was NOT the all-around player Kayla is. Kayla done a whole lot more for PC that Ratliff, just my opinion both were great players in the 15th region though, PC will still be a contender no doubt, but I hope to see them have more competition in their district next year which from the looks of things thats going to happen.
Tubby Lover Wrote:1johnson central
2pike central
3paintsville
4east rdge
5sheldon clark
6lawrence
7phelps
8magoffin co
9belfry
10pikeville
I would put Paintsville #2
They gave PCC all they wanted in the regional and had starter Jarrell out. She will be back and the Lady Tigers will be very tough next year.
uksports99 Wrote:you must give the 1 and 2 spot to JC and PC at the time, but I believe by the end of the season PC will get defeated a lot more than they did this year. They have a big chance of not even winning the 60th district, it's going to be a fun season. I like your post Tubby Lover although I think I would move Phelps up a little bit more, and maybe put belfry before MC.
If you think PCC might not win their district then how could you put them #2 and say you must have them there? Makes little sense. imo
Because they were in the championship game this year, pre-season rankings I'm pretty sure it would be only right to put the 2 teams that were in the region champ. as 1 and 2.
uksports99 Wrote:Because they were in the championship game this year, pre-season rankings I'm pretty sure it would be only right to put the 2 teams that were in the region champ. as 1 and 2.
Oh.....So I guess on the boys side Paintsville should be number 1? Ok...
I think that anyone that looks at basketball knows that you look at what a players a team lost and what they have coming back. Ex. i am not sure but just like the last post. Dont P-ville have like 5-6 seniors. If a team loses that many players you CAN not expect them to be the same team the following year. Especially in girls. I think that one player can make a world of difference.
basketballfan000 Wrote:I think that anyone that looks at basketball knows that you look at what a players a team lost and what they have coming back. Ex. i am not sure but just like the last post. Dont P-ville have like 5-6 seniors. If a team loses that many players you CAN not expect them to be the same team the following year. Especially in girls. I think that one player can make a world of difference.
Agreed.
I believe the same is true in the fact that one or two players can come in and make a world of difference. You take a team that has a few post players but do not have a point and then they get one that changes everything. The same going for a team if they have a player leave
uksports99 Wrote:I agree with this, but I never thought Haley would be a big loss she was NOT the all-around player Kayla is. Kayla done a whole lot more for PC that Ratliff, just my opinion both were great players in the 15th region though, PC will still be a contender no doubt, but I hope to see them have more competition in their district next year which from the looks of things thats going to happen.

huh?? Haley took games over..Kayla never showed any signs of taking a game over...all around means defense right?? I would imagine thatyou would have to play good defense to be all around
If Magoffin stays healthy they will be better than SC, P-Ville, and Dawgs, should be number two team in district. Coach Miller will be wanting to get back regional tourney after setting out this year.
uksports99 Wrote:Is BL returning all their starters? and what is Sheldon Clark going to have next year?

Sheldon Clark is losing Brittany McCoy to graduation... I believe everyone else will be returning.
Johnson Central
Pike Central
paintsville
East Ridge
Magoffin Co
Lawrence
Phelps
Sheldon Clark
Shelby Valley
Pikeville
I agree... It takes more than one person to win games. Kayla is a good ball player but Ad Slone was right there with her and with her just being a junior I can't wait to see her this year. Go Hawks!
The Private Wrote:Johnson Central
Pike Central
paintsville
East Ridge
Magoffin Co
Lawrence
Phelps
Sheldon Clark
Shelby Valley
Pikeville

East Ridge won't be that high. Pikeville split with Paintsville & Magoffin this summer. Don't count out Belfry.
What makes a high school try to recruit other kids from other high schools? Don't they have talent in their community? You people know who I'm talking about SV & Phelps.
Recruiting is when another coach comes to a players house...or contacts the player
Not when a player wants to leave and enrolls at a *good* school.I wonder if ER's coaches has ever tried recruiting anyone???
ERblue4ever Wrote:What makes a high school try to recruit other kids from other high schools? Don't they have talent in their community? You people know who I'm talking about SV & Phelps.

Yeah, you might want to get your facts straight. Some schools are their own recruiters, w/o anyone having to say a word.
I dont know much about the Pruitt girl.But the swindall girl made her own choice,no one recruited her!
What Swindell girl and where is she going!
Brittany Swindall - and she is already @ Shelby Valley
You need to get your facts straight! No one at SV recruited. A good program does its recruiting without saying a word. When an athelete sees another team winning then they want to be a part of that. Brittany wanted to be apart of a winning program.

I will tell you this though! Before a coach goes to a girls house from another school and talks to her about coming, he needs to make sure that she is coming. You never know who will push to report him. Be careful who you are accusing of recruiting because when you point one finger three is always pointing back at you!
Good post Hootie!
hootie Wrote:You need to get your facts straight! No one at SV recruited. A good program does its recruiting without saying a word. When an athelete sees another team winning then they want to be a part of that. Brittany wanted to be apart of a winning program.

I will tell you this though! Before a coach goes to a girls house from another school and talks to her about coming, he needs to make sure that she is coming. You never know who will push to report him. Be careful who you are accusing of recruiting because when you point one finger three is always pointing back at you!

great post!!!