Poll: who will win
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
75.68%
South Laurel
24.32%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel vs. Hazard - March 20 (State Tourny)
RavenBoy, you make some good points, but don't overlook the fact that Hazard played some really good teams in Las Vegas and won two big games. We also went to the finals of the WYMT and the All A where we gave University Heights all they wanted. If we had hit our free throws, we would have won that game! Our coach might be new, but the players and he have all gelled and are playing quite well. For all these reasons, I believe Hazard can take this one by at least 5!

Go Bulldogs!
I am always for the 14th region team....Alot of Hazard people are looking to Saturday Morning and that would scare me. This will be a battle of two great coaches that have alot of Sweet 16 experience. I think this will be 5 or so for Wright and 7 or so for Holland so they surely know what they are doing. Sometimes the players are what people consider the most but I think the coach that prepares a gameplan that works the best will come out of this one. Cant wait to watch two of the states best coaches go to battle...
SL by a few.
divadawg Wrote:It appears this will be a real barn burner. Hazard (30-4) and South Laurel (27-7) have only played two common opponents--Clay County and Breathitt County, and both Haz and SL won these games. There is no doubt that SL has a fine team, but Hazard is also road tested. I believe the fact Coach Whitaker and his son, Josh, are both very familiar with this team, will be in our favor. Also, Hazard's defense has improved as the season has gone along and our bench is very deep (at least 10 deep without losing much quality). For these reason, I have to give Hazard the edge by 5 points!

Go Bulldogs!!

10 deep??? No. Hazard can bring 3 quality players off there bench then it gets weak. I will take Hazard in this one though by 7.
hazard is going to be ready to play. and some of those games they lost was without warren, i think they only lost 2 games with him. But Hazard has there number with assistant coach ed whitaker knowing them from last season so the bulldogs should have a great scouting report.
GOOD LUCK
HAZARD BULLDOGS!!!!
Good luck Hazard
Go Dawgs!