Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville High School Head Coach: Michael Copley
ComfortEagle Wrote:That will not happen. Sorry, but it won't. He will be welcomed by some and the recipient of much scrutiny from others. The Pikeville job is similar to the UK basketball position. Some will love him, but there will always be those who compare every coach to Hillard Howard and there's no satisfying them.

Your probably right. There are those that likes to set in the bleachers and throw rocks at the coach,most of whom don't even understand the game of football. But that 's why the Head Coach makes the big bucks. When success comes, these that throw rocks will be the first ones on the wagon. If I'm not mistaking, it took Hillard Howard 16 years to win his first state title.
gymrat Wrote:I hope you are willing to stick by your word and support the new coach!

I wouldn't say it if I didn't
Well if its the same M.Copley that played At Lawrence Co and coached under Chuke Williams you have got a great young coach who WILL and I say WILL get the job done!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
God of Thunder Wrote:"Please, say it ain't so!"

If this is true...... the administration, site-based council, and athletic committee at Pikeville High School have further retarded the growth of Pikeville Football!

As an alumn and a taxpayer, I really feel cheated! Can they not find a more viable, experienced, and successful "Head Coach"?

I am officially boycotting.... if this rumor holds true!

Let me guess your mad and ****ed at the world he may or may not get the job. Probably because a buddy of yours didnt get it. But I will tell you he will be a **** good head coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well if its the same M.Copley that played At Lawrence Co and coached under Chuke Williams you have got a great young coach who WILL and I say WILL get the job done!!!!!!!

Yea that's the same one, and he also played for Billy Goldsmith as well. Has a great background for being influenced by great coaches. I look for him to do great things at Pikeville. This is exactly what Pikeville needed as long as everybody buys into what he's trying to accomplish.
OMG Wrote:Yea that's the same one, and he also played for Billy Goldsmith as well. Has a great background for being influenced by great coaches. I look for him to do great things at Pikeville. This is exactly what Pikeville needed as long as everybody buys into what he's trying to accomplish.

Yea I knew he was up there. They have a great young coach and if given the support and staff will turn things around up there. Congrats and I better not see the belly read up there. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know for a fact that a decision was made tonight regarding the head football coach and another position at the high school/junior high. Have spoke to several officials and they informed me of the choice. Congrats to Coach Copley. I had heard several different choices and rumors, glad they are now put to rest so he can begin the next step in Pikeville football.
Congrats to Coach Copley! I helped coach him as an assistant and it has been a pleasure to watch him grow into the coach he is today. These message boards allow a lot of folks that have no clue what's going on in the program to bash without having any accountability. When people are throwing a fit before he spends his first day on the job are you really a true fan? If I were the coach I'd tell you to stay at the house because folks that don't get things their way acting like a baby aren't the kind of people I would want around my program anyways!
The writing is on the wall. The kids love Coach Copley and wanted him from day one. He LOVES Pikeville + the tradition there and was/is willing to put up with a lot of folks that are out of touch with reality. Personally I love Pikeville. I work up there quite a bit and have always pulled for their program. Some folks there need to realize that it's been almost TWENTY years since you won your last state championship and Coach Howard didn't do it overnight! You have a great school system, great tradition, hard working kids that love their coach, a hard working coach that loves his kids+program and a communitty that loves their Panthers! I encourage the folks that aren't fickle to stand behind your program and support it through thick and thin. Things worth having usually take a lot of sacrifice+ hard work. They also usually take some time to obtain. You have the ingrediants over time to do great things if you will stick together! Pikeville lost A LOT of talent and it takes a new coach some time to get their system, coaches etc in place. I hope the folks there are patient and stick together. Best of luck to Coach Copley, the communitty and most of all the kids there! I'm glad their search is over as I'm sure it has been tough on the kids.
OMG Wrote:Yea that's the same one, and he also played for Billy Goldsmith as well. Has a great background for being influenced by great coaches. I look for him to do great things at Pikeville. This is exactly what Pikeville needed as long as everybody buys into what he's trying to accomplish.
Mike didn't play for Coach Goldsmith at LC.
bulldog42 Wrote:Mike didn't play for Coach Goldsmith at LC.

Then who did he play for? He would have had to if he's the age I think he is.
BlueSky I do know his system considering he has run the defense for the past 3 years and this year he basiclly took over the offense.
OMG Wrote:Then who did he play for? He would have had to if he's the age I think he is.
He played for Chuke during his time at LC.
bulldog42 Wrote:He played for Chuke during his time at LC.

How could he have coached under Chuke and played under Chuke? Chuke wasn't there that long for that to happen.
Copley did play under Chuke at Lawrence Co after he left Paintsville during his freshman year I believe. Upon finishing his college career, I know Copley was an assistant with Chuke at Bourbon County and then an assistant at Paintsville before coming to Pikeville.
IRISH4 Wrote:Copley did play under Chuke at Lawrence Co after he left Paintsville during his freshman year I believe. Upon finishing his college career, I know Copley was an assistant with Chuke at Bourbon County and then an assistant at Paintsville before coming to Pikeville.

Yes that is correct. He was there strength coach at bourbon if I am not mistaken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IRISH4 Wrote:Copley did play under Chuke at Lawrence Co after he left Paintsville during his freshman year I believe. Upon finishing his college career, I know Copley was an assistant with Chuke at Bourbon County and then an assistant at Paintsville before coming to Pikeville.

Gotcha makes more sense now!
ComfortEagle Wrote:That will not happen. Sorry, but it won't. He will be welcomed by some and the recipient of much scrutiny from others. The Pikeville job is similar to the UK basketball position. Some will love him, but there will always be those who compare every coach to Hillard Howard and there's no satisfying them.

ConfortEagle you are correct - everyone will compare Copley to Hillard. I just hope the "old folks" around Pikeville will remind everyone that it only took Hillard 16 years to get his first State Championship Cool
Congrats to coach Copley, IF this is indeed true.

He will have the benefit of coaching in the weakest Class A district in the state. He'll at least have 5 wins!!!
vgaacalj Wrote:ConfortEagle you are correct - everyone will compare Copley to Hillard. I just hope the "old folks" around Pikeville will remind everyone that it only took Hillard 16 years to get his first State Championship Cool
These days and times with 6 watered down classes a coach won't last 16 years before getting run out of town.
Big Grin
FOX SPORTS Wrote:These days and times with 6 watered down classes a coach won't last 16 years before getting run out of town.
Big Grin

In these days of Instant This and Instant That just a couple of years seems like forever anymore! See you at the Press Conference Fox Sports.
Congrats Copley! Best of luck to you.

If this is true...... the administration, site-based council, and athletic committee at Pikeville High School have further retarded the growth of Pikeville Football!

As an alumn and a taxpayer, I really feel cheated! Can they not find a more viable, experienced, and successful "Head Coach"?

Sounds like the Pikeville system will be better off with you boycotting them.
Congats to Coach Copley!

Thor, if you are serious about "boycotting" Copley then post your name so that everyone knows who is doing boycotting and we can hold you to your word - It is obvious that you care about Panther Football, instead of boycotting, you can get off the sidelines and get on the field and help to rebuild the program where we all want it to be (this is true for everyone else also!). Copley will be looking all the help people want to give - coaches for little league/grade school, Jr High (Matt & Paul will welcome the help also), Freshman, JV and Varsity, strength and conditioning, support staff (stats, video production, etc), booster club and financial supporters of the program - the only thing he is not looking for is a Head Coach.

You can start immediately as Spring Practice starts this Thursday, March 13 at 6:30.
God of Thunder Wrote:I may never pay my "City School Tax" again! I will never make a donation tothe program and encourage my friends to do the same!

What a joke! I have never felt more betrayed and insulted in my life! What a farce by the "committee".... Way to go guys!!

You have single-handedly just set PHS football back another 10 years!

Hollywood should make a movie on PHS Football titled.... "You Will Never Win Anything Again....EVER!!"

Sorry to tell you but city school tax is mandatory, not a choice. My son doesn't play football but he does play basketball, and he motivates him to be in the workout room to lift. These kids love Coach Copely, why don't you understand that when you respect and love your coach you know his job is on the line depending on his wins on the field. In turn they give all they got to make sure that his job remains secure by the performance they do.
Congrats to Copley!
Congratulations to Coach Copley and hope you prove the doubters (like me, lol) wrong. Go Panthers!

The rumor is true ....Congrats to Copley!!!

Please do Pikeville Football a favor and boycott everything...even this site.

Take your ball and go home.
Congrats Coach Copley.
Congratulations Copley!
I know you will give it your all as will I.