Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scout Persuasion
I recently seen a scout hand a member of a school a roll of money as thick as a baseball, banded up with a rubber band. He said "Put this in your Athetic Fund." He also never asked for a reciept or anything for tax purposes.

As he left, I also knew the teacher so I asked her who he was? and she responded and said that He was a scout. She also had a expression with a huge smile and very big eye's.

Does this happen often and if so, what is the limitations if any?

I also know a coach can't talk with a sophmore in highschool. Does this rule apply to scouts as well?
Wow, I don't know what the rules are exactly, but that sounds a little strange to me.
This sounds funny, why would a scout hand a school employee a roll of money in front of other people? It sounds like that is something that would be done privately like in a empty classroom or the coaches office.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
MoBSTa Wrote:I recently seen a scout hand a member of a school a roll of money as thick as a baseball, banded up with a rubber band. He said "Put this in your Athetic Fund." He also never asked for a reciept or anything for tax purposes.

As he left, I also knew the teacher so I asked her who he was? and she responded and said that He was a scout. She also had a expression with a huge smile and very big eye's.

I also know a coach can't talk with a sophmore in highschool. Does this rule apply to scouts as well?
This sounds like a High School giving a Grade school money lol Smile
MoBSTa Wrote:I recently seen a scout hand a member of a school a roll of money as thick as a baseball, banded up with a rubber band. He said "Put this in your Athetic Fund." He also never asked for a reciept or anything for tax purposes.

Also, considering you have only 5 other posts besides this one, and three of those are about Lynn Camp, would it be safe to assume............................... nevermind.:mad:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Also, considering you have only 5 other posts besides this one, and three of those are about Lynn Camp, would it be safe to assume............................... nevermind.:mad:
Well I don't know whats going on, but I know what I seen and you can assume what ever you want.

But I would like to know if that broke a rule.
I don't know of any rule that would be violated by a school accepting money for a school fund! But it is hard to believe that anyone would give a high school coach in EKY a wad of money....lol

I would imagine that if a person was trying to "buy" some sort of favor or influence that this would be inappropriate! But who knows?

Since you seem to know the teacher well enough to ask who the person was, did you happen to ask why she accepted the money and what it was for??
Do you mean, is it against rules for someone to annonimously donate to a high school athletic fund? Not to my knowledge, that happens all the time.
There are several scouting services out there and it might be a good investment to do this in the hopes of getting several athletes in your clientel. Donating a couple thou to make 10 K ain't a bad deal!
What clientele would be worth developing in EKY? Developing a clientele wouldn't be worth much unless you were talking pro level players.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I don't know of any rule that would be violated by a school accepting money for a school fund! But it is hard to believe that anyone would give a high school coach in EKY a wad of money....lol

I would imagine that if a person was trying to "buy" some sort of favor or influence that this would be inappropriate! But who knows?

Since you seem to know the teacher well enough to ask who the person was, did you happen to ask why she accepted the money and what it was for??

I never asked what it was for because I heard the scout say to put it in the Athletic Fund. I asked the Teacher who he was and she told me he was a scout.
I also didn't want to be nosey.

I went to this school as a young man and I knew the teacher from when I attended I also knew her Husband who I also respect and he was a teacher and a coach of the game to myself.

So I respect her and I don't think that she would knowingly Violate any rule.

However I do have a God Son that does play for this team now and he is a sophmore and coaches from a University can't contact him until becomes a Junior.

Also his brother was honored with a Naismith Award in the state of Missouri, and he grew up playing the game with Crieghton University's Senior PF/C Dane Watts.

Dane was also heavly recruited sponcered bye Nike when he was a freshman and played AAU Ball in Vegas in the summer of his every year of highschool.

So yeah, I have my wonders about this school what the money was for because I don't want my Godson being pushed in to anything.