Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Pike County Bowl
From what I hear.....Community Trust Bank may move the Pike County Bowl to Belfry's new stadium this year. In Belfry's new schedule it lists Henry Clay as Belfrys opponent in the PCB at Belfry.

I like the idea of the PCB alternating years between Belfry & Pikeville.
I just went to the website for Lexington Henry Clay HS, Belfry's opponent in the PCB - It says the game is at Belfry on Aug.19th

http://www.henryclayfootball.com/
I guess that would be good for a change, but dont they have it in two diiferent places every year?
I wouldn't think that CTB would move it for the sole fact that they have their headquarters right in the background for the Saturday Night games.

But IMO the best idea would be to have Belfry host the Friday night games and Pikeville the Saturday night games. Not only would this allow the use of the two top notch facilities in the region but it would also bring in the $$$$$$.
I dont care where it is...I cant wait !!!!!!!!!
Oh come on now BP....you care...
Beef Wrote:Oh come on now BP....you care...

Not as much as you do little buddy. :?
Of course I'd like to see it at Belfry.......We want to show off our new stadium. Finally, We have the facilities to host the PCB, and I think we deserve to atleast have it at Belfry every other year.
plus they got the goahead on the turf so that wuld be exciting
I see no problem with alternating the games between Pikeville and Belfry....However I think that Pikeville and Belfry should continue to play on the same night at the same location....I hear that they may play on different nights at different locations.
BELFRY SUCKS!!!!! PIKE CENTRAL WILL BEAT THEM THIS YEAR
jackbump13 Wrote:BELFRY SUCKS!!!!! PIKE CENTRAL WILL BEAT THEM THIS YEAR

Yeah in case you haven't heard UK will be playing for the SEC championship in FOOTBALL and you don't won't to miss the All-Ohio World Series this October when the Reds face the Indians.
PHSFAN Wrote:

Yeah in case you haven't heard UK will be playing for the SEC championship in FOOTBALL and you don't won't to miss the All-Ohio World Series this October when the Reds face the Indians.

:lol: Cry :lol: Smile Big Grin
Are the games going to be on WYMT this year? Also has anyone notice that the KHSAA site has the Pikeville/NCC game at Pike Central?
LC99 Wrote:Are the games going to be on WYMT this year? Also has anyone notice that the KHSAA site has the Pikeville/NCC game at Pike Central?

I say the games will be on WYMT but I haven't heard anything for sure. I doubt the Pikeville-NCC game will be at Central.....It will either be at Pikeville or Belfry but more than likely Pikeville.
Well, I just talked to my sister last night.....and it looks like Belfry's fieldturf may not be finished in time to host the PCB. There's still a chance it may be done. But, I doubt it. :x
Well it will be there next year...What do you think about them splitting Pikevile and Belfry BP? I think that is a huge mistake. I don't care where the games are played at but Pikeville and Belfry should play back-to-back on Saturday night like they have my entire life. I am so used to going and rooting for both teams against our of area teams. I'm sorry but I would rather watch Larry King Live than watch Pike Central, East Ridge, or Phelps. Of course I do want to watch SV now that Ben is the coach.
It really don't matter to me personally. I'd like to see Belfry host the PCB . I like the idea of 2 games in Pikeville on Friday & 2 games at Belfry on Saturday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BelfryPride Wrote:It really don't matter to me personally. I'd like to see Belfry host the PCB . I like the idea of 2 games in Pikeville on Friday & 2 games at Belfry on Saturday.

Yeah but after or before I watch Pikeville or you watch Belfry we will have to watch Pike Central, East Ridge, SV, or Phelps, instead of teams like NCC and Henry Clay. The stadiums will be emptying out after the Pikeville and Belfry games if they play first. I know I won't spend any time watching those teams unless it is SV and the only reason I will watch them is because Ben is their coach now. I just think Pikeville and Belfry should play back-to-back on Satruday night and alternated between the 2 schools every season and let the other teams play at PCC, ER, or SV until they build their programs up. SV will be a good program in a few years if Ben stays there for a while.
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, I just talked to my sister last night.....and it looks like Belfry's fieldturf may not be finished in time to host the PCB. There's still a chance it may be done. But, I doubt it. :x

Based on what, BP?

Right now, it looks to be on schedule, from what I'm being told over there. They got the go-ahead to start and it should be done in 8 weeks or so, provided they raise the additional $125,000 they need.
Its almost football time........all this talk of the PCB is exciting Sad 8) :!:
Bat - this information came straight from a wife of a Belfry coach. I was just simply passing it along. I hope it is finished in time......

PHSFAN - I am all for being fair, But, the reason the PCB isnt held at the smaller schools is the same reason it was never held at Belfry....Not enough seating capacity. All the schools get the same cut of the cash brought in anyway, no matter where it is played. I dont like the idea of the PCB being all on the same night at both PHS & Belfry. And as far as the stadiums emptying out after the Belfry or Pikeville games....Those two schools would be the late games, they draw the biggest crowds..we all know that.
BelfryPride Wrote:...And as far as the stadiums emptying out after the Belfry or Pikeville games....Those two schools would be the late games, they draw the biggest crowds..we all know that.

But aren't they talking about Belfry playing the FIRST game of the night at their place? This makes no sense to me.
Football24_7 Wrote:
BelfryPride Wrote:...And as far as the stadiums emptying out after the Belfry or Pikeville games....Those two schools would be the late games, they draw the biggest crowds..we all know that.

But aren't they talking about Belfry playing the FIRST game of the night at their place? This makes no sense to me.

I have no details about the actual gametimes yet. No official location has been announced to the public.
Football24_7 Wrote:

That would be a one time thing. Belfry wants to be the first to play on their new field, its as simple as that. And if you remember, Pikeville and Belfry switched game times a couple of years ago so Pikeville could be the first to play on their new field.

I know it sounds a little bit simple, but thats the truth f the matter.
HappyGilmore Wrote:
Football24_7 Wrote:

That would be a one time thing. Belfry wants to be the first to play on their new field, its as simple as that. And if you remember, Pikeville and Belfry switched game times a couple of years ago so Pikeville could be the first to play on their new field.

I know it sounds a little bit simple, but thats the truth f the matter.

I don't blame them they should be the first to play on their new field. Can someone post a picture of the stadium and sports complex? I hear that it's awesome and I would love to see pictures of it. I haven't been to Belfry in like 5 years so I would love to see what it looks like.
HappyGilmore Wrote:That would be a one time thing. Belfry wants to be the first to play on their new field, its as simple as that.

AHHHHHH; now THAT makes perfect sense to me! Hadn't considered that and should've.

Thanks, Happy.
Yeah, Belfry should be the first team out on the new field........I am dying to see the field and the new school.

Happy, If you know of anyone that has any pics of the facilities or anything, let me know. Check your PM inbox... 8)
I cant wait to see their new school. I think that they should be the first to play on it, its only fair.