Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 61 -- Pike Central 50
Final

Way to go Hornets.....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats Hornets!
First time in school history that Pike Central does not make the regional tournament two years in a row. Sad year for Buckley's Creek for the boys ball team. Lack of coaching and teamwork cost this talented team. Thanks go out to seniors Tyler Hamilton, Colby Slone, and Joe Nichols for your contributions to the Hawk program.
well I am going to say this and no one get mad but Thompson may be on the chopping block after this season. I hope not but it could very well be.

Congrats to Phelps

and good season to my boys up on the hill keep your alls heads up and good season Mark hope everything turns out good after this good luck next season.

I think this is the first time ever maybe that Pike Central has missed out on region back to back years.
Central05 Wrote:First time in school history that Pike Central does not make the regional tournament two years in a row. Sad year for Buckley's Creek for the boys ball team. Lack of coaching and teamwork cost this talented team. Thanks go out to seniors Tyler Hamilton, Colby Slone, and Joe Nichols for your contributions to the Hawk program.

I have no idea about the head coach but I can tell you that Gary Fields is an EXCELLENT coach, person, and teacher. IMO he is an asset to any program that he is in contact with. I don't think I would blame it on ALL the coaches......

Congrats Phelps..............Smile
Why is it that players win games and coaches lose games. Don't be so hard on the coach. He's only had 1 year.
phs1986 Wrote:I have no idea about the head coach but I can tell you that Gary Fields is an EXCELLENT coach, person, and teacher. IMO he is an asset to any program that he is in contact with. I don't think I would blame it on ALL the coaches......

I agree. To disrespect Gary Fields or any of the coaching staff was not my intent. BUT I directed that comment towards the head coach, who the players haven't bought into all year. I was waiting for the Billy Gillispie effect to set in for the Hawks with Thompson but it never happened.
Central05 Wrote:I agree. To disrespect Gary Fields or any of the coaching staff was not my intent. BUT I directed that comment towards the head coach, who the players haven't bought into all year. I was waiting for the Billy Gillispie effect to set in for the Hawks with Thompson but it never happened.

:thumpsup:

Maybe Coach Thompson should not have put in the paper that Phelps would not and could not match-up with the Hawks.

I bet Phelps had that posted all over the place...............

I think Coach Thompson will be a great asset up there though, this year was a learning process for him and the players. They will rebound next year.
Congrats....
Congrats Phelps..
NEXT Wrote:Maybe Coach Thompson should not have put in the paper that Phelps would not and could not match-up with the Hawks.

I bet Phelps had that posted all over the place...............

I think Coach Thompson will be a great asset up there though, this year was a learning process for him and the players. They will rebound next year.

With the talent Phelps has IF they play to their potential.... I would put them up against anyone around here. They ARE a great bunch of athletes!

AND.... if Coach C saw the comment you are probably correct..... fuel for the fire.... yeah baby!!! LMAO!!

Thompson has always seemed a little erratic to me, but David Rowe was a terrific coach and i don't think everyone realized it till now. I know several coaches have said that they are glad Rowe retired from coaching because he was such a good preparer and adjusted really well during the game. He was very underrated and I think all of the Hawks fans are going to realize this when Thompson takes some licks the next couple of years.
Wow Im very shocked by this. Congrats Phelps on a very derserved win. Good luck in the championship!
Congrats to Phelps!!

The games are played for a reason! Good luck at Region!
Congratulations Phelps! Stiltner, Dotson, and Hunt are good players. Coach Campbell cares about his kids and wants to play the talent. This cannot be said for the guy on buckleys creek. He has consistently shown that he is not a head coach. the team doesnt like him and he commands no respect.
phs1986 Wrote:With the talent Phelps has IF they play to their potential.... I would put them up against anyone around here. They ARE a great bunch of athletes!

AND.... if Coach C saw the comment you are probably correct..... fuel for the fire.... yeah baby!!! LMAO!!

Phelps is a good team, but i wouldnt go that far...The talent level drops in a hurry after Hunt, Stiltner, and Dotson's name are mentioned..
I picked this one! .....Congrats Phelps!
CONGRATS PHELPS HORNETS !!! You played team ball and thats what wins ballgames... I knew u all could beat the HAWKS :letsparty
Congrats Phelps!!!Nice Win
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well I am going to say this and no one get mad but Thompson may be on the chopping block after this season. I hope not but it could very well be.

Congrats to Phelps

and good season to my boys up on the hill keep your alls heads up and good season Mark hope everything turns out good after this good luck next season.

I think this is the first time ever maybe that Pike Central has missed out on region back to back years.

Obviously, the honeymoon is over. It may be time for a divorce !
Congrats to the Hornets ! Very big win! doesn't this make 2 out of 3 for Phelps over PCC this year?
hawkhead Wrote:Obviously, the honeymoon is over. It may be time for a divorce !

Yes very well could be and to bad the "ole ball coach" will have to do the divorcing. Really its ironic, David says its your job after I leave,(not literally) and now IF Mark gets cut off David has to do it. Talk about someone who is sitting on pins and needles right now.
This was an exciting game to watch.... some of the antics after the game, on the other hand, could have been omitted!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yes very well could be and to bad the "ole ball coach" will have to do the divorcing. Really its ironic, David says its your job after I leave,(not literally) and now IF Mark gets cut off David has to do it. Talk about someone who is sitting on pins and needles right now.

Worst and I mean worst district tournament performance in the history of PCC. Actually, tied for largest margin of defeat in tournament..... '97 PCC (4-24) 47 Pikeville (22-5) 58....YUCK !
HORNET POWER Wrote:obviously your user name fits you well................ because you have no idea

Don't you know you can't question the great and powerful uhavenoidea he was all everything at South Floyd so he knows it all. lol Smile
HORNET POWER Wrote:obviously your user name fits you well................ because you have no idea

Good oneSmile...Sorry, if i offended you...
NEXT Wrote:I think Coach Thompson will be a great asset up there though, this year was a learning process for him and the players. They will rebound next year.

I agree. Although Coach Rowe was a fantastics coach and Coach Campbell as well, I think people are trying to overestimate Central. Yeah they have the potential and are great, but this is their first year without Coach Rowe. They might have trouble adjusting. I don't know what goes on in the locker room or at practices so I can't say. But I do know Mark Thompson is a good coach. He knows what he's doing.