Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central- 71 vs June Buchanan-59
Final.
Wooooohooooo!!! Congrats Cougars!!!!!!!!
Wow. LCC played them close twice this season but I thought JBS would at least make it out of the district.
Great job LCC. JBS, good season, hopefully you will learn from this. No one player is greater than the team. I guess they will take a Stepp in the wrong direction.
What about that......the team every body thought would make it again (some expected to win the state?) GONE! I bet they are about to die in Pippa Passes...
WOW..this is truly amazing. I cant believe that the team everyone thought had the possibility to win state is out. Congrats LCC.
This team was supposed to be the best in the mountains and one of the top in the state. What happened???
i listened to it and lcc just out played jbs it didnt seem as if they wanted it
LCC
24/30 FTs
21/41 FGs
7/15 3pts

Banks-26
Blair-17
Profitt-16
Longsworth-3
Reylonds-5

JBS
15/29 FTs
19/55 FGs
6/30 3pts

Clark Stepp-14
Clint Stepp-11
Cox-13
Short-9
Collins-7
How many points did clark and clint have in the game? give some info..............
Congrats Cougars and Coach J!!!!
Clark had 1 at halftime..They combined for 25 total....
How many did Clark have himself??????????? How many did Clint have. Sorry to not be clear.
Someone posted it already.
I cant wait to hear the excuses roll in on this one...Its going to be a long march in pippa passes...
Overrated Wrote:Someone posted it already.
My thoughts exactly, lol..
Big Congrats to LCC...
Congrats LCC..
Like I said in another post, break out the baseball mitts, its time to hit the diamond up in Pippa Passes. How did the coaching staff act at the end of the game? Were they in shock and speechless or did they pull their usual parlor tricks?

Here's to jbs enjoying the broadcast of LCC vs Cordia later this week!

Here's the question now....which jbs player will make the all district team? Sounds like it would be a hard choice.:o
ARC Wrote:Like I said in another post, break out the baseball mitts, its time to hit the diamond up in Pippa Passes. How did the coaching staff act at the end of the game? Were they in shock and speechless or did they pull their usual parlor tricks?

Here's to jbs enjoying the broadcast of LCC vs Cordia later this week!

Here's the question now....which jbs player will make the all district team? Sounds like it would be a hard choice.:o

Id say Clark will get it, he was the leading scocer for the Crusaders.
OMG Congrats LCC. I wished I had went.
MVP2 Wrote:Id say Clark will get it, he was the leading scocer for the Crusaders.

Arguable...since he also fell short of his average by the most points. Sounds to me like Cox made or exceeded his average. And then their is defense, turnovers, steals..... In fact, maybe everyone else on the jbs squad did what they normally do.

Outscoring Cox by one point may not get it...at least that's my thinking.
6/30 3pt

Live by the 3, Die by the 3...
Redneck Wrote:6/30 3pt

Live by the 3, Die by the 3...

Who shot most of those treys? Clark, Clint or Cox?

Besides that, who missed all those freethrows for jbs? 15 for 29? Wow!

[COLOR="Blue"]LCC
24/30 FTs
21/41 FGs
7/15 3pts

Banks-26
Blair-17
Profitt-16
Longsworth-3
Reylonds-5

JBS
15/29 FTs
19/55 FGs
6/30 3pts

Clark Stepp-14
Clint Stepp-11
Cox-13
Short-9
Collins-7
[/COLOR]
Congrats LCC!!!
Wow... I got to attend this one and I will say that this is not the same JBS team that started the season.

First of all... a good shooter should keep shooting if he is off, eventually they will fall. But Clint kept shooting bad shots. Those will never fall consistently.

Clark is just flat out not as good as advertised. He isn't quick enough to go by good defenders and he struggles terrible from the three point line.

Garrison Collins could have dominated this game, but the Stepps wont utilize him like they should. It is like they don't want him to score...

Tate Cox is the best player in the region and probably touches the ball the least of all the starters.

I have heard all the stuff about the Stepps only caring about Clark and Clint's stats. But tonight I got to see it first hand. :mad:
ARC Wrote:Who shot most of those treys? Clark, Clint or Cox?

LCC
24/30 FTs
21/41 FGs
7/15 3pts

Banks-26
Blair-17
Profitt-16
Longsworth-3
Reylonds-5

JBS
15/29 FTs
19/55 FGs
6/30 3pts

Clark Stepp-14
Clint Stepp-11
Cox-13
Short-9
Collins-7
The 3's where pretty well even, the freethrows was probby clark. Congrats to LCC
Congrats to LCC...I just want to say congrats to Clark Stepp for a great high school career at JBS. You are a fine young man and good luck in the future.
ARC Wrote:Who shot most of those treys? Clark, Clint or Cox?

LCC
24/30 FTs
21/41 FGs
7/15 3pts

Banks-26
Blair-17
Profitt-16
Longsworth-3
Reylonds-5

JBS
15/29 FTs
19/55 FGs
6/30 3pts

Clark Stepp-14
Clint Stepp-11
Cox-13
Short-9
Collins-7
I think Clint was 0 for his first 7 or 8 threes and Clark was 1-6 or 0-6 on his first 6 free throws. That may not be exactly right, but I know its really close. Even after Clark had missed all those free throws they still put him on the line to shoot the technical shots...
Larry Legend Wrote:I think Clint was 0 for his first 7 or 8 threes and Clark was 1-6 or 0-6 on his first 6 free throws. That may not be exactly right, but I know its really close. Even after Clark had missed all those free throws they still put him on the line to shoot the technical shots...
LarryLegend I think you got that just about right. Thanks. Wink