Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg - 62 Betsy Layne - 57
Many fans have done what Prestonsburg's fans did to start the game. When I was a senior, the student section threw toilet paper. That's a lot harder to pick up than balls. But the point is, people have been doing this for years, and it has been handled the same way; with a warning to both fan sections. In my opinion, the BL fans should have taken heed to the warning, but didn't which resulted in a T. I think it's the right call.
Even the guys at Q95 said there should have been a foul called on the burg, with 1 second to go, before it got into OT. But then laughed and said i guess the Refs were scared to call it because of the show that was put on the night before over that call. as far as the T goes......let me see,,, ok little boy you kill your dog again and you are grounded.......If i would had been a fan of BL, i would have walked to the other end and thrown another out on the floor, then a T would have been called on Pburg. Hey thats an ideal.....lets run from end to end throwing objects on the the floor and see how many T's they can call. Smile
Nascar99 Wrote:Even the guys at Q95 said there should have been a foul called on the burg, with 1 second to go, before it got into OT. But then laughed and said i guess the Refs were scared to call it because of the show that was put on the night before over that call. as far as the T goes......let me see,,, ok little boy you kill your dog again and you are grounded.......If i would had been a fan of BL, i would have walked to the other end and thrown another out on the floor, then a T would have been called on Pburg. Hey thats an ideal.....lets run from end to end throwing objects on the the floor and see how many T's they can call. Smile
Now that will work. Betsy Layne should have had you on the sidelines. Smile
I think the Refs made the right decision last night and let the boys decide it in overtime. I think that was the best called game I have seen in a while.
HAHA horseman you crazy man. There was at least two fouls at the end of regulation and the refs were to scared to make the right call and it should have just been a warning for the BL side. We were smart enough not to throw stuff on the floor so why punish us. Pburg got this game on a silver platter.
PRESTONSBURG didn't beat BETSY LAYNE the refs beat BL!! Its hard to beat 5 players and 3 refs!

Prestonsburg would have went home losers if the "T" would've been called. P-burg didn't out play BL, they couldn't score on their own to win the game. FACE IT the only reason P-Burg won was because of the "T", not because they out played BL!!!
the_real_bball_star Wrote:PRESTONSBURG didn't beat BETSY LAYNE the refs beat BL!! Its hard to beat 5 players and 3 refs!

Prestonsburg would have went home losers if the "T" would've been called. P-burg didn't out play BL, they couldn't score on their own to win the game. FACE IT the only reason P-Burg won was because of the "T", not because they out played BL!!!

Regardless....Prestonsburg lives to see another day, and BL is at home getting the baseball bats out. Get over it....This crap about how BL should have had a warning is BS. Everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game...
Everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game...[/quote]
Yea, right after Pburg threw 300 balls onto the floor !!!!!!!!!!!!!
[COLOR="Red"]Quote:
Gish:
Regardless....Prestonsburg lives to see another day, and BL is at home getting the baseball bats out. Get over it....This crap about how BL should have had a warning is BS. Everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game...[/[/COLOR]

You said it.....everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game....then P-Burg through a million balls on the fall and got their 2nd warning.....how come BL didn't get a 2nd warning....I'll tell ya why......P-Burg couldn't have beat them if they hadn't got those 4 free throws....so face it....and when P-Burg plays the first game of the region they will be going home and getting their baseball bats out.....Smile
Nascar99 Wrote:Everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game...
Yea, right after Pburg threw 300 balls onto the floor !!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

OK? Whats your point? Because Pburg threw something then BL should be able to even after the warning?
the_real_bball_star Wrote:Quote:
Gish:
Regardless....Prestonsburg lives to see another day, and BL is at home getting the baseball bats out. Get over it....This crap about how BL should have had a warning is BS. Everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game...[/

You said it.....everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game....then P-Burg through a million balls on the fall and got their 2nd warning.....how come BL didn't get a 2nd warning....I'll tell ya why......P-Burg couldn't have beat them if they hadn't got those 4 free throws....so face it....and when P-Burg plays the first game of the region they will be going home and getting their baseball bats out.....Smile

I wasn't at the game, I am just taking my info from this site. And it was my understanding that after Pburg threw the balls (which is a common ritual throughout the 15th, not just a Pburg thing) that the announcment was made.

And saying that Pburg wouldn't have won is just pure speculation, because the fact is they did win. If a frog had wings it wouldn't hit its butt every time it hopped now would it ?
the_real_bball_star Wrote:You said it.....everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game....then P-Burg through a million balls on the fall and got their 2nd warning.....how come BL didn't get a 2nd warning....I'll tell ya why......P-Burg couldn't have beat them if they hadn't got those 4 free throws....so face it....and when P-Burg plays the first game of the region they will be going home and getting their baseball bats out.....Smile

It sounds to me like someone is a REALLY REALLY sore loser and cant take the fact that BL is going home while The Blackcats are going to the Expo. Get over it!Smile
Yeah, the fan that threw the bottle onto the court cost Betsy Layne the game but the Bobcats had there chance in overtime and they were simply outplayed by the Blackcats.

Betsy Layne had there chance and they didn't come through, I feel bad for the Bobcat seniors but thats part of the madness of post season play.
My point is.. Everyone should have heard the warning that is given at every game before a game starts. That should have been considered the first warning to all.
Heres a picture of the balls going onto the floor... Courtesy of WYMT.
That game was Crazzy.
horseman Wrote:I think the Refs made the right decision last night and let the boys decide it in overtime. I think that was the best called game I have seen in a while.

i completely agree.
this is supposed to be a thread to talk about a BASKETBALL game... not FANS.
GREAT JOB BLACKCATS!!! HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH!!!!!
the_real_bball_star Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]Quote:
Gish:
Regardless....Prestonsburg lives to see another day, and BL is at home getting the baseball bats out. Get over it....This crap about how BL should have had a warning is BS. Everyone got a warning at the beginning of the game...[/[/COLOR]

Hey, at least we're goin to region
I think the miniature basketballs was a really creative idea. Especially, if you did it, if Prestonsburg was the first team to score. When Betsy Layne started off on a 9-0 run, I would have personally just sat the balls down. But anyway, Congrats P-Burg, and Betsy Layne on a really exciting game of basketball!!
Congrads P-Burg! But I too hate to see these guys go home because of such a poorly officiated game. It wasn't the "T" that shouldn't have been called, it was the inconsistant way the fouls were called. I mean some of the players got away with murder (Stevens) and some couldn't even touch another player(Head). Both teams played their hearts out, and that i love to see.
As for the T, Noone knows who threw the bottle onto the floor. I sat just past where it came out of the stands and i couldn't see who threw it! I also sat behind some fans from another school, there were four teams playing that night and the first game was almost over. So just because the bottle came from that section who's to say it was a BL fan? Why would someone do such a thing after everyone had been warned twice. Mona read the statement before the game started over the PA about unsportsmanlike conduct, but all P-Burg gets is a warning, and it was obvious these balls came from the student section. This bottle came from the middle of the fans bleachers and neither official knew who threw it, I heard the official tell the deputy he didn't know who it was and the deputy just started walking back where he came from. The game had already been stopped when the bottle was thrown so not much chance of anyone getting hurt by it. The balls were thrown onto the floor while the ball was being thrown in and could have resulted in one of the players turning an ancle or even worse. I've heard all of your excuses justifying what happened but none of them will hold water to me. IMO BL just got the shaft!!!
So keep you chin up BL seniors, put this behind you and get on with life!
just to clear things up.. it didn't come from betsy layne's pep section... it was thrown at mid-court and i was told it was dropped onto the floor by a little kid.
hmm
great game played by the bobcats. it was unfortunate for the newman boy that his season was cut so short
Watermelon32 Wrote:just to clear things up.. it didn't come from betsy layne's pep section... it was thrown at mid-court and i was told it was dropped onto the floor by a little kid.
hmm
great game played by the bobcats. it was unfortunate for the newman boy that his season was cut so short

haha, idk where you're gettin your information from......but i can assure you that if a kid wouldve dropped the bottle it wouldnt have shot across the floor the way it did......lol......
Sportsfan54 Wrote:Congrads P-Burg! But I too hate to see these guys go home because of such a poorly officiated game. It wasn't the "T" that shouldn't have been called, it was the inconsistant way the fouls were called. I mean some of the players got away with murder (Stevens) and some couldn't even touch another player(Head). Both teams played their hearts out, and that i love to see.
As for the T, Noone knows who threw the bottle onto the floor. I sat just past where it came out of the stands and i couldn't see who threw it! I also sat behind some fans from another school, there were four teams playing that night and the first game was almost over. So just because the bottle came from that section who's to say it was a BL fan? Why would someone do such a thing after everyone had been warned twice. Mona read the statement before the game started over the PA about unsportsmanlike conduct, but all P-Burg gets is a warning, and it was obvious these balls came from the student section. This bottle came from the middle of the fans bleachers and neither official knew who threw it, I heard the official tell the deputy he didn't know who it was and the deputy just started walking back where he came from. The game had already been stopped when the bottle was thrown so not much chance of anyone getting hurt by it. The balls were thrown onto the floor while the ball was being thrown in and could have resulted in one of the players turning an ancle or even worse. I've heard all of your excuses justifying what happened but none of them will hold water to me. IMO BL just got the shaft!!!
So keep you chin up BL seniors, put this behind you and get on with life!

It's right in the rule book, EVERYONE received a warning after the balls were tossed on the court..The Allen Central PA announcer was told by the head referee to announce the next time something was thrown on the court a technical would be assessed....A BL fan(Samuel Keathley's family section) threw the bottle that bounced off the floor about a foot and slid across the floor all the way over to the P-Burg bench and was kicked back over to the BL fans...SO BL didn't get the shaft, they got a Diet Pepsi...
Chazz Michaels Wrote:haha, idk where you're gettin your information from......but i can assure you that if a kid wouldve dropped the bottle it wouldnt have shot across the floor the way it did......lol......
I agree..Thats just hilarious, I guess when your a sore loser you make up every excuse possible..i would love to know how you drop a bottle and it shoot completely to the other side of the court to the pburg bench.
thank you. i was apart of the fan section and can assure you that no one sitting near where i was, was going to throw ANYTHING on the floor after the ball incident.
Chazz Michaels Wrote:haha, idk where you're gettin your information from......but i can assure you that if a kid wouldve dropped the bottle it wouldnt have shot across the floor the way it did......lol......

Smile..Yeah really, some BL fans tried to say it was a baby...Look out Floyd Co. we could possibly have a potential olympic softball pitcher, the next roger clemens, or peyton manningBig Grin
and it's not an excuse ... it's what happened. it was kicked, actually. and it wasn't a baby, it was a "kid". there's a difference.
Watermelon32 Wrote:and it's not an excuse ... it's what happened. it was kicked, actually. and it wasn't a baby, it was a "kid". there's a difference.

How old is the kid?...Because, I was sitting right next to where it came from and i seen an (Longer)arm fling downward, but I watched the bottle bounce a foot off the floor so i didnt see who it was and it was no kid, unless the kid is already a giant:Thumbs: ...The only kid i seen had it's back turned during that time...
listen, i dont know how old the kid is, i dont even know the kid's name, it doesnt even matter. all i said was that the pep section didn't throw it. and i highly doubt any bl fan is just going to throw something on the floor after that happened? what was it something like, "we scored, let's celebrate by throwing a pop bottle on the floor". no.. you dont do that. it was completely accidental
Watermelon32 Wrote:listen, i dont know how old the kid is, i dont even know the kid's name, it doesnt even matter. all i said was that the pep section didn't throw it. and i highly doubt any bl fan is just going to throw something on the floor after that happened? what was it something like, "we scored, let's celebrate by throwing a pop bottle on the floor". no.. you dont do that. it was completely accidental

No, there was a foul called on Head, when he went up for a block, P-burg had the ball, so it was hard for BL to score and get excited and throw it on the court, so it was not accidental...It dont matter where it came from, they gave a warning to both schools...Game's over...P-Burg is in the finals against AC tomorrow @ 7 and BL is not...Simple as that...Im sure AC will let you in, if you pay or you go through the pass gate...