Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County 08
How does everyone think knott will do this season i hear that got some new boys that have come out that could really help kcc there young but i see good things coming out of hindman.
I dont see them doing much at all. They got a good coach but just not much talent and VERY young team, they lost what talent they did have last year. I just dont see them being a threat inn 08. JMO. Good Luck to the Pats on the up coming season!!!!
i heard they had some new kids coming out i heard Jarrod Amburgey was a great pitcher is coming out i heard Josh Richardson and Josh Huff was out already and both was great baseball players as well but stoping playing once they got in high school i hear alot of the basketball and football team is coming out. If they get the rust off the could pose too be a threat.
They are probably behind Jenkins,JBS, and Letcher Central in the district. They better hope they draw Cordia.
sacbunt Wrote:They are probably behind Jenkins,JBS, and Letcher Central in the district. They better hope they draw Cordia.

I'd say that would be their best draw but Id take Cordia over KCC this year.I see this district going....

Jenkins
LCC
JBS
Cordia
KCC
kcc has a lot of young talent zach mullins and ryan mosley both return this year they were starters last year and played a big roll on the team josh huff and josh richardson both have been out and working hard to get there legs back under them. i would have to say at the start of the season it wont look good for kcc but as the year moves on things will get better they just have to remeber that your record for the season doesn't matter its what you do in tourny time
MVP2 Wrote:I'd say that would be their best draw but Id take Cordia over KCC this year.I see this district going....

Jenkins
LCC
JBS
Cordia
KCC

No way Jenkins can win the district.............LCC should win easily, and could possibly win the region depending on how their young players develop. Jenkins only has about 4 decent players. After that theres a HUGE drop off.

1.LCC
2.Jenkins
3.JBS
4.KCC
5.Cordia
Kyboy13 Wrote:No way Jenkins can win the district.............LCC should win easily, and could possibly win the region depending on how their young players develop. Jenkins only has about 4 decent players. After that theres a HUGE drop off.

1.LCC
2.Jenkins
3.JBS
4.KCC
5.Cordia

They have 6 returning starters and their 2 top pitchers coming back. It is a pretty good six too:
Chris Puckett
Eric Grimm
Nathaniel Wilder
Matt Gross
Justin Hunsucker
Stephen Stephens

Also with the addition of Jacob Gross, Brody Dixon, and a couple of younger kids that could really get a lot of playing time Jenkins should be the favorite to win the district. Especially since LCC lost almost every starting pitcher from a year ago.
Tis tis..........how can you say that? There is no way a team coached by Brian Dean can lose to a team from Jenkins whose coach cant coach for puffing on a cigaratte during a game? I'll agree with you Puckett and Wilder are good players, but the other 2 can just be considered decent then after that theres a huge drop off in talent............also all 3 times LCC and Jenkins faced off most of the JV played and hit there pitchers easily, Pucketts got good control but needs to work on Velocity and his Junk.......hard to live on a 75 mph 4 seam.
We will see who gets smoked when they play each other, and the JV didn't play the first time when Puckett pitched last year. The final was 5-0, but was 1-0 in the 6th and Jenkins had a chance with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no one out but didn't have the bats going that early in the season. From what I can tell, Jenkins coach did a very good job last year getting them to the regional semi finals for the first time in 40 years. Jim Leyland would think that is impressive!
on subject people on subject
wildcatman Wrote:on subject people on subject

You mean this is not an Jenkins and LCC thread. Just playing
sacbunt Wrote:They have 6 returning starters and their 2 top pitchers coming back. It is a pretty good six too:
Chris Puckett
Eric Grimm
Nathaniel Wilder
Matt Gross
Justin Hunsucker
Stephen Stephens

Also with the addition of Jacob Gross, Brody Dixon, and a couple of younger kids that could really get a lot of playing time Jenkins should be the favorite to win the district. Especially since LCC lost almost every starting pitcher from a year ago.

I Agree.
I could have sworn this was a Knott county 08 thread.
I think KCC has way more talent than last years team. Pitching was awful last year and know they actually have some pitchers who are decent and will improve as the year goes on. KCC is a very young inexperienced team, they may not do much this year but next year may be different. The Mullins kid they have is awesome and they have Jarrod Amburgey who may be a little rusty at the beggining of season and Josh Richardson who has a great arm.I see them doing OK not great.
I agree kcc_chick knott will be better as the season progresses i could possible see them in the hunt but they be a tough cat tooo clean after come next season.
knott county will not do much...they've only 21 wins In the last 2 seasons combined....9 last year....and 12 the year before that
this is a totally different team than the last past two years you can't judge this team by what teams in the past have done.
I agree wildcat theres a lot more athleticism and raw talent on this team then there has been in last few years put a little hard work included i could see big things out of these gentlemen
How many kids does Knott Central have out this year? I believe they only return about four kids from last years team.
from what i hear they have around 20 or so out most they have had in a few seasons really
I heard Jarrod Amburgey was awesome when he played before, in pitching and hitting. Don't know tho just what I heard.
you heard right sassy he was clocked at the age of 12 throwing 75mph is what i heard and i knew about 4 home runs in they state tournament won year when the knott county team won it.
14th_man Wrote:you heard right sassy he was clocked at the age of 12 throwing 75mph is what i heard and i knew about 4 home runs in they state tournament won year when the knott county team won it.

WOW! That is impressive for any 12 yr old. I'd say he can put the ball anywhere with his height and strength. Some of the best pitchers are tall and I guess those long arms and legs have a good effect on pitching. Lets hope so anyway, KCC baseball will make some noise this year, and hopefully be better next year.
Yeah tha impressive it could be tough at the beginning of the season but i believe they will be right there towards the end. A lot of talent with amburgey,mullins, bartrum, richardson, and huff all were great baseball players they also have athleticism too go with it something haven't had in a few years and one heck of a coach too go along with this that could create one heck of a reciepe in hindman this season and next.
Hey Go Big Green!
Should be interesting to see how the 53rd turns out. Each team opens up with tough games:
Letcher Central @ Paintville and @ Johnson Central
Knott Central home against Estill County and @ Perry Central
Jenkins @ Lee County
Jbs Home against Buckhorn
Cordia@ Perry Central and @breathitt Co.

Some good games in the first week of the season
14th_man Wrote:you heard right sassy he was clocked at the age of 12 throwing 75mph is what i heard and i knew about 4 home runs in they state tournament won year when the knott county team won it.

Yeah you are exactly right 14th_man the Jarrod Amburgey kid was throwing 75mph when he was 12 who knows what he can do now. And to be exact on the homeruns it was 6 homers in the state tournament!
jarrod is a good player but what he wsa throwing from 45 foot isnt the same as 60 ft 6 inchs the kid has a cannon control will be a factor but look for great things from kcc and the pitching this year
wildcatman Wrote:jarrod is a good player but what he wsa throwing from 45 foot isnt the same as 60 ft 6 inchs the kid has a cannon control will be a factor but look for great things from kcc and the pitching this year

Yeah, but he grew about 4 or 5 inches since then and with those long arms and legs he will do okay. I over heard one of the players telling another player, Hammonds said Amburgey was throwing about 8 mph faster than any other pitcher in the region. So I think he'll do well.