Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville-103 Sheldon Clark- 50
quote=*Coeus*;518118]Well you don't have to see it much longer since this is his last year. Too bad to, because i CANNOT WAIT to see where all of the Paintsville faithful will be next year. If I were the coach at Sheldon Clark I would try to beat them 30 next year![/quote]
:Thumbs:
Redneck Wrote:Umm, I think hornetfan was talkin about me, not coach Runyon. As for the Tiger faithful, we will be right there cheerin on our Tigers and the new head coach.
Oh there is no doubt in my mind you all will be cheering them on!
I just can't wait to see how the "Tiger Faithful" will handle their arrogance when they are the doormat of the 57th.
*Coeus* Wrote:Well you don't have to see it much longer since this is his last year. Too bad to, because i CANNOT WAIT to see where all of the Paintsville faithful will be next year. If I were the coach at Sheldon Clark I would try to beat them 30 next year!

I'm sure the Tiger faithful will be right here next year taking it from guys like you who apparently can't take it this year! If SC can beat the Tigers by 30 next year I'm sure they will try to do so and it they can, then go for it! I guess BMR could have set his starters at halftime since they had such a big lead, but you know there is a championship game Friday night and it don't hurt to get the extra playing time! SC just couldn't hit tonight and that hurt them a lot. Get over it!
*Coeus* Wrote:Oh there is no doubt in my mind you all will be cheering them on!
I just can't wait to see how the "Tiger Faithful" will handle their arrogance when they are the doormat of the 57th.

Who is arrogant. I haven't said Paintsville will for sure win the region. They are beatable.

As for next year, I think the Tigers will suprise some people, especially if some of those kids who aren't playin that SHOULD be come back out next year.
*Coeus* Wrote:Oh there is no doubt in my mind you all will be cheering them on!

Having the best team in the 57th District THIS YEAR does not make the fans arrogant! Get the chip off of your shoulder. Every school has their day! Whatever school you do support I'm sure will do fine at some point and then we'll see if you are arrogant!! As for Paintsville, they have been the doormat of the 57th before, so we will just have to see how well they do next year. But loyal fans back their teams regardless. It does no good to get on here and bash a team or their fans just because they happen to be good in a given year.
Redneck Wrote:Who is arrogant. I haven't said Paintsville will for sure win the region. They are beatable.

As for next year, I think the Tigers will suprise some people, especially if some of those kids who aren't playin that SHOULD be come back out next year.
Well I didn't mean to be that extreme, they may not be the doormat but one would think so because of graduation. They may surprise some people. Who should be playing that is not already?
Congrats to Bundy on his 1000th point! He has battled injuries over the last few years and always bounced back! Way to go Blake!
:thumpsup:
20/20 Wrote:Congrats to Bundy on his 1000th point! He has battled injuries over the last few years and always bounced back! Way to go Blake!
seen prieviews on Sports overtime looked like the Tigers were ready to play...Congrats Tigers and good luck!
Best team in the Region! IMO they'll be playing in Rupp in Runyon and his senior's last season!!!
Blake Bundy had 9 pts, 10 rbs, and 12 as. He was 1 pt away of having a triple double. Those stats were announced on sports overtime last night. CONGRATS BUNDY!!
Paintsville played great, congrats on the win.
Vanhoose was on fire! I think Sports overtime said he was 8-9 shooting and all were treys! I talked to JD on the phone around five and he sounded terrible! He was really sick.
54 rebounds in this game for the Tigers!
The passing was great from everyone!
Paintsville had 7 players that saw a lot of playing time. They did pull their starters at 4:05 to go. I don't see anything wrong with that as that was when SC said uncle and pulled theirs. IMO, that is when it is appropriate to pull them.
If SCHS had pulled their starters at the start of the fourth then I think that PHS should have and would have. Why do people want to critisize a team for being good? If you are on the wrong side of a blowout then why are you not critisized for leaving your starters in? Are their starters less important enough to risk injury too in a blowout?
to me, A team should let off the gas only when the oposing team has conceded the win. You concede the win by taking your starters out first.
I heard Jared Crum's dad last night tell a fan from SC to "wait til next year". Implying that Paintsville will be way down after this Sr. class graduates. We all know they will be down, but for a guy that sends his kid to JC from SC has a lot of gall to say anything to a fan from SC trying to consol their feelings. That was a real slap in the face IMO.
It doesn't matter who you root for, if you were at this game, you had to leave impressed.
Redneck Wrote:That was Warriors23RJ's prediction of the game. Lol, he was pretty close.
The game wasn't as close as I thought it would be lol, but Paintsville still put up 103.:Thumbs:
EKY Sportster Wrote:You know nothing about what you are talking about! If they had wanted to run up the score it would have been like 135 - 45. BMR doesn't run the score up on opponents unlike other teams in the region!

I agree with you to a point. I don't think many coaches run up the score to just be mean very often, but if a particular coach/team has done it to you in the past - ya know - sometimes what goes around comes around. If you do it to someone, it will get done to you sooner or later. With that being said, I don't think Paintsville ran up the score intentionally. I agree with another post, you can't tell your kids, varsity or jv players, to just stand back and stop playing. You call off the press or whatever, but if you're the stronger team, then scores like this will happen.

Congratulations Tigers.
The Guru Wrote:I heard Jared Crum's dad last night tell a fan from SC to "wait til next year". Implying that Paintsville will be way down after this Sr. class graduates. We all know they will be down, but for a guy that sends his kid to JC from SC has a lot of gall to say anything to a fan from SC trying to consol their feelings. That was a real slap in the face IMO.
It doesn't matter who you root for, if you were at this game, you had to leave impressed.

Very True. Every team has their particular year of advancement. When making statements like "wait till next year", it is perceived that they have already give this year a wash. Johnson Central will have a great team next year, I personally think that is wonderful. Hopefully Sheldon Clark the next year and so fourth and so on. That will make our district look and appear that much stronger to high school sports writers across the state. As I have said many time before we do more damage to ourselves on a state level with negative comments that the rest of the state does to us (the 57th District and 15th Region). Example: If Paintsville were to beat Central or any team in the 57th one time during regular season next year, then that team went went on to sweep the district and hopefully the region. While setting at Rupp, the Paintsville or Sheldon Clark fan to turn to their neighbor and say " ya know we beat them once this year". Now how adult would that be? Congradulating accomplishments is an ADULT trait. Whinning like a baby is the act of a small child.
Nice win, Tigers! Very impressive!
The Guru Wrote:I heard Jared Crum's dad last night tell a fan from SC to "wait til next year". Implying that Paintsville will be way down after this Sr. class graduates. We all know they will be down, but for a guy that sends his kid to JC from SC has a lot of gall to say anything to a fan from SC trying to consol their feelings. That was a real slap in the face IMO.

No shocker here. Just another "CLASSY" move from that family.Rolleyes
If Paintsville can continue to play at this level, they will run through the region all the way to rupp.
Well, the part that just "frosts" me is this:
This group has not lived up to the expectations (hype) for (4) years. Is this something that bothers the boys, their family members, and the fans in general? YES! There has also been alot of collateral damage to go along with all of this.

However, this is the year they have "come together" to prove what they are about & if the boys, theirs families, and/or their fans want to "hoop it up"... then it's their time to do so & everyone else will get their turn, when it's time. We don't begrudge people "their time or turn".

I'm not even gonna address that other part as I believe Super Card summed it up quite nicely.

I honestly don't see what the harm was in a dad telling another team to "wait till next year". There was nothing wrong with that statement. SC had just taken a whippin' from a school and was letting them know that things will be a little different next year. I don't think he was meaning any ill towards the 'all mighty Tigers."
In fact, you even posting that and using names doesn't make you much better, in my opinion.
20/20 Wrote:I honestly don't see what the harm was in a dad telling another team to "wait till next year". There was nothing wrong with that statement. SC had just taken a whippin' from a school and was letting them know that things will be a little different next year. I don't think he was meaning any ill towards the 'all mighty Tigers."
In fact, you even posting that and using names doesn't make you much better, in my opinion.
Didn't say I was any better. Just that If your kid is too good to go to SCHS, why would you say anything to a "true" Card fan if you would send your kid elsewhere? If I had been the card fan, I would have just said to him "Like you care?" And just what was he meaning with the statement if he was not referring to the statement?
*Coeus* Wrote:Well you don't have to see it much longer since this is his last year. Too bad to, because i CANNOT WAIT to see where all of the Paintsville faithful will be next year. If I were the coach at Sheldon Clark I would try to beat them 30 next year!
[COLOR="Blue"]
Justin Timberlake has a great song you'd like, it called "Cry me a River".[/COLOR]
Total domination from start to end.
pville played great. You know the 8th grader from Sc is going to be one heck of a player by the time hes done.
Super_de Wrote:pville played great. You know the 8th grader from Sc is going to be one heck of a player by the time hes done.

Very True. I think he started, if so that a great experience boost for an 8th grader at any school.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Very True. I think he started, if so that a great experience boost for an 8th grader at any school.

Well a lot of these Tigers played as 8th graders! And no they didn't do so well! So just remember, this year's Tigers are good, but they have taken their lumps over the past 4-5 years so quit complaining.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well a lot of these Tigers played as 8th graders! And no they didn't do so well! So just remember, this year's Tigers are good, but they have taken their lumps over the past 4-5 years so quit complaining.

Who's complaining? I was attempting to be a Tiger fan until this post. My comment was in attempt to let the 8th Grader from SC understand that having bad year this year wasn't the end of his career. Paintsville's Grimm, Bundy, Slone and Vanhoose are waliking, talking and playing proof of that......can't begin to make an educated guess how you got that was complaing?:confused:

Jaryd CRUM'S DAD teaches at SC and is a good guy and didn't mean anything by it
Congrats Paintsville