Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne-73 Pikeville-66
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville hasnt been the same team since midway through the 4th quarter of the All A game against Paintsville. They have barely beaten teams they shouldve beaten handily(Perry Central, ER). They lost some games they should have won(AC, BL). And, theyve gotten blown out against good teams(SV, Paintsville). The coaches need to focus on fixing whatever the actual problem is instead of blaming losing the game on players lifting weights which is good for nothing but a laugh. Get it together boys or the only way your going to region is if you buy a ticket.

Where the crap do you get that from? By that time we were getting our best players fouled out, it didn't have anything to do with our ability to get up and down the floor. You do remember that Paintsville had to tie us to get into overtime, not the other way around. They won because they had their starting players on the floor. Now they have nobody to play that has any experience for a long time because they haven't been used. I know the "6" have been together since 8th grade, blah, blah, blah, but what has that left for the school when nobody else has any experience on varsity?
fairplayer Wrote:Where the crap do you get that from? By that time we were getting our best players fouled out, it didn't have anything to do with our ability to get up and down the floor. You do remember that Paintsville had to tie us to get into overtime, not the other way around. They won because they had their starting players on the floor. Now they have nobody to play that has any experience for a long time because they haven't been used. I know the "6" have been together since 8th grade, blah, blah, blah, but what has that left for the school when nobody else has any experience on varsity?

Excellent Point!...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I said that Betsy Layne won the game so he came away with the battle of the big men. Blocked shots are stats too, you shouldnt pick and choose which stats are importiant. But I do disagree with you when you say they are not importiant. Also, when is 2-4 inches twice as small?

I agree that blocked shots are a big part of a big man's game even though thats not exactly how you put it. They are stats too. I think that both big men, or should I say all three big men, played a whale of a game. I was at the game and all I seen was one blocked shot on Newman, and it was a good clean one too. That blocked shot was rebounded and put back in by Head. I thought that Newman looked to be almost back to where he was the last of last season. In fact, he's been in double figures 3 of the last 4 games, netting 21 in a loosing effort against Pike Central, and 10 against East Ridge (or maybe Phelps I can't remember). Another area noone has mentioned is assist. Newman I think probably won that one although I don't have the stats. He has really improved in that area, one of the reasons Head had 16 Points in this game as well. If these two big men keep playing the way they have the last few games BL could go a little farther in the district or region than people think!
Quote:
SportsFan54:
I agree that blocked shots are a big part of a big man's game even though thats not exactly how you put it. They are stats too. I think that both big men, or should I say all three big men, played a whale of a game. I was at the game and all I seen was one blocked shot on Newman, and it was a good clean one too. That blocked shot was rebounded and put back in by Head. I thought that Newman looked to be almost back to where he was the last of last season. In fact, he's been in double figures 3 of the last 4 games, netting 21 in a loosing effort against Pike Central, and 10 against East Ridge (or maybe Phelps I can't remember). Another area noone has mentioned is assist. Newman I think probably won that one although I don't have the stats. He has really improved in that area, one of the reasons Head had 16 Points in this game as well. If these two big men keep playing the way they have the last few games BL could go a little farther in the district or region than people think!

Great Post! :thumpsup: These two big men for BL can take them far if the team will let them. NEWMAN has improved so much since he has been back. If this kid would have played all season he would have been unstoppable. Go BOBCATS!!!
the_real_bball_star Wrote:Quote:
SportsFan54:

Great Post! :thumpsup: These two big men for BL can take them far if the team will let them. NEWMAN has improved so much since he has been back. If this kid would have played all season he would have been unstoppable. Go BOBCATS!!!

I have to agree he has improved. But has a way to go yet. To bad he ran out of games!! His biggest problem right now I think is his reaching in for the ball the majority of his fouls the last few games have been that type of foul. If he plays good stand-up defence and leave the tie-ups to the guards he last a lot longer in the game. Hope he can make a difference the rest of the year!!
Sportsfan54 Wrote:I have to agree he has improved. But has a way to go yet. To bad he ran out of games!! His biggest problem right now I think is his reaching in for the ball the majority of his fouls the last few games have been that type of foul. If he plays good stand-up defence and leave the tie-ups to the guards he last a lot longer in the game. Hope he can make a difference the rest of the year!!
Excellent Point!!!!!! Leave the reaching fouls for the guards.