Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL's best player
I know this would be a great debate on here! there really is no one that you could say that there the best football player of all time. But if you had to pick someone who would it be? IMO it would be Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice.
Barry Sanders would have broke the rushing record with ease, if he just would have played a couple more years! and Jerry Rice is hands down the best wideout to ever play in the NFL! he just dominated ever reciever record that you could think of and you could make an argument that he is the greatest player of all time!
From game tapes I've seen, my pick would be Gale Sayers, the first man never brought him down, he saw the play unfold before the ball was snapped, he knew where a guy was going to be and just simply got there before that guy would and made him miss.
PC_You_Know Wrote:From game tapes I've seen, my pick would be Gale Sayers, the first man never brought him down, he saw the play unfold before the ball was snapped, he knew where a guy was going to be and just simply got there before that guy would and made him miss.

yea I have seen tapes of him also but he didnt play against talent like there is now! but he truly was a great runningback
RedSeal Wrote:yea I have seen tapes of him also but he didnt play against talent like there is now! but he truly was a great runningback

Well in your perspective, you can't argue for any player other than the ones who play in 2008-2009, since they "didn't play against the same talent".
In the past- Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Earl Campbell because he was a brute.

In the present- Ladanian Tomlinson, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.
Joe Montana. The greatest qb to ever play. He didn't have the strongest arm, but he is the most accurate qb of all time.
brett farve is one of the best if not the best quarterback to ever play the game
gridiron star Wrote:brett farve is one of the best if not the best quarterback to ever play the game

I would definately agree that he is top three. Being third the worst he would be, IMO second.
Brett favre is one of the best, but IMO Joe Montana was the best QB of all time