Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 66 East Ridge 44
Great game by the Tigers. Keep on rollin Lady Tigers.
Wow.

Two road losses for ER in one night. The ER girls are very young, starting a freshman at the point, a couple of sophomores on the wings, and a freshman and a sophomore down low. In a couple of years I see them being very good.
Congrats girls!!! Keep playin hard!
East Ridge starts a varsity starter for the JV also. When was the last time you saw a varsity starter also start JV? The JV should be used to develope your young players. I watched this game. ER really trys to pound the ball inside to the big girls. They just have trouble finishing. Side note: the officials really let both teams go rough.
Regardless of their age they still look weak in their offense and rebounding and defense has plagued them all season. E/R has only one win in their region and zero wins in their district. Sorry! that's not very acceptable.
Statmaster Wrote:East Ridge starts a varsity starter for the JV also. When was the last time you saw a varsity starter also start JV? The JV should be used to develope your young players. I watched this game. ER really trys to pound the ball inside to the big girls. They just have trouble finishing. Side note: the officials really let both teams go rough.

ER usually starts 2 sophomores (sometimes 3), 2 freshmen and 1 7th grader.
They are a very young team, no seniors and 1 junior who sees very little playing time. This is a building season for the Lady Warriors, no one expected them to win district or region this year, maybe in a couple of more years they will be able to compete with the other teams in the region. Side note: they officials were about as bad as I have ever seen. Could not get up and down the floor to make the calls.
Still wondering why a varsity starter is playing in the JV game.
congrats paintsville..
Congrats Paintsville
Congrats Lady Tigers!
There are a lot of teams starting Sophomores and Junior High kids on the varsity teams throughout the region. Wink
BondJamesBond Wrote:There are a lot of teams starting Sophomores and Junior High kids on the varsity teams throughout the region. Wink
I have no problem with that. But, a VARSITY STARTER, shouldnt be playing JV too.
Statmaster Wrote:I have no problem with that. But, a VARSITY STARTER, shouldnt be playing JV too.

Probably first time she has started VARSITY all season.
East Ridge needs to develope the young players. When you let a varsity STARTER play a lot of minutes in a JV game, it's silly. Those minutes should be given to a young player. East Ridge has some nice 7th,8th, and 9th grade players. Develope them, it will help build a program. Just as they need to use practice time for ALL the players. Don't use the young players just to get water for the select few. Let all the players practice and run the plays. And, this summer, dont take only a select few to the camp. It tells younger kids that there is a double standard. Take the whole team and teach and build their games.
Statmaster Wrote:Still wondering why a varsity starter is playing in the JV game.

because she is in 7th grade maybe Rolleyes
Sounds as though things are not good among the tribe nation.
If you are good enough to START VARSITY, then you shouldnt be playing on the JV. Let the less talented players play the JV minutes. Let your Varsity starters rest and get ready for the varsity game. Im only talking about varsity STARTERS. Every team uses jv players off the bench. Im saying a varsity starter should not be playing jv.
oneandonly Wrote:because she is in 7th grade maybe Rolleyes
Im all for playing the best regardless of grade. Just rest your varsity starters during the JV game. Dont tire them out by playing them in the JV game.
YES i agree if they can start varsity then they need to set in JV