Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby Smith to get Honorary Degree from UK
The University of Kentucky announced today that Tubby Smith will join former Governor Paul Patton and others as the recipient of an honorary degree from the University. The ceremony will be May 4th and part of the graduation festivities.
well if thats true then they need to invite Rick Pitino and give him an honarary P.H.D.
OMG Wrote:well if thats true then they need to invite Rick Pitino and give him an honarary P.H.D.
:thumpsup: You got that right!! Tubby helped UK but then led them down the path of mediocrity while most everything that former Gov. Patton did to UK was negative. If they are giving out honorary degrees to these two then we all should get one. I'm not knocking these two people personally, but just find it odd that they were chosen by UK for honorary degrees?? :confused:
what a crock of bs
welll...
Well i just hope there aren't a bunch of fans there to heckle Tubby. I mean i hatehim prolly more than anyone on here but WE should show more class than that.
I think most of you are missing the point on this. This award/degree has nothing to do with what he did at UK or Lexington as a coach but as a person. Donating nearly 2.5 million to charities around Lexington as well as starting the Tubby Smith foundation which educates kids that are not as fortunate as others on computers as well as giving them free computers. He done a lot for the city of Lexington and the state of Kentucky, as a great person.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If this keeps his name out of the rafters I'm all for it!
alfus21 Wrote:I think most of you are missing the point on this. This award/degree has nothing to do with what he did at UK or Lexington as a coach but as a person. Donating nearly 2.5 million to charities around Lexington as well as starting the Tubby Smith foundation which educates kids that are not as fortunate as others on computers as well as giving them free computers. He done a lot for the city of Lexington and the state of Kentucky, as a great person.

thats a good point but the fact still remains that he's not here anymore...he's taken all the charity's and foundations and now there helping people up north, which is great, but dont give somebody a degree because of it...they could have given him something to that nature while he was still at kentucky but dont do it after he leaves i just think thats crazy....but what do i know ill never get an honarary degree from anywhere..
Congrats on destroying our name, Thanks Tubby.
OMG Wrote:thats a good point but the fact still remains that he's not here anymore...he's taken all the charity's and foundations and now there helping people up north, which is great, but dont give somebody a degree because of it...they could have given him something to that nature while he was still at kentucky but dont do it after he leaves i just think thats crazy....but what do i know ill never get an honarary degree from anywhere..

Tubby done some good things, but I agree with you 100%!