Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatfield-McCoy Bowl?
Butch Joplin was last years coach. He has also coached a couple other times. It's hard to get anyone to take time during the summer months to do anything.
does anyone know the roster for this game?
It will come out sometime in June I believe. When they start contacting coaches I will post it.
Yogi is not always the coach. It is supposed to be a rivalry game. You know....WV/KY.....Hatfields/McCoys. There ought to be bitterness, nastiness. You all act like there should be holding of hands and such. It's not a joke and anytime you lose, there will always be some blame tossed around. Toughen up and show some grit and stop whining. Anytime you start throwing the refs out there, your gonna get some backlash. Play the game or go home.....
ib4mtigers Wrote:It will come out sometime in June I believe. When they start contacting coaches I will post it.

What week is the game being played in June? The NEKY game is being played on June 7th at Raceland. Is this game usually played around the same time as the NEKY game?
blitz43 Wrote:Yogi is not always the coach. It is supposed to be a rivalry game. You know....WV/KY.....Hatfields/McCoys. There ought to be bitterness, nastiness. You all act like there should be holding of hands and such. It's not a joke and anytime you lose, there will always be some blame tossed around. Toughen up and show some grit and stop whining. Anytime you start throwing the refs out there, your gonna get some backlash. Play the game or go home.....

It's not just the refs...rules are made in regards to what areas players may participate, WV disregards these and gets players from "outside of their designated area" along with pass attempts. They list the players from their area and play them. Still as you say...it's another opportunity for players to play. Can players play that have already signed/committed?
Tin Cup Wrote:It's not just the refs...rules are made in regards to what areas players may participate, WV disregards these and gets players from "outside of their designated area" along with pass attempts. They list the players from their area and play them. Still as you say...it's another opportunity for players to play. Can players play that have already signed/committed?

As is with most post-graduation all-star game, any player who has been selected can play in the game. I do know a few that haven't played because the game interfered with the TN-KY All-Star game as well as some not playing because they had to report to their college team early.
The Blue Blur Wrote:As is with most post-graduation all-star game, any player who has been selected can play in the game. I do know a few that haven't played because the game interfered with the TN-KY All-Star game as well as some not playing because they had to report to their college team early.

This game never interferes with the KY/TN All-Star game. Ryan Brown played in both, Nick Jamerson could have played in both but didn't wanna play in this one, Josh Cullop, David Jones wasn't allowed to play in this one. 9 times outta 10 the kids that get invited that don't play it's because they know KY gets screwed every year or becuase the college they are goin to won't let em.
blitz43 Wrote:Yogi is not always the coach. It is supposed to be a rivalry game. You know....WV/KY.....Hatfields/McCoys. There ought to be bitterness, nastiness. You all act like there should be holding of hands and such. It's not a joke and anytime you lose, there will always be some blame tossed around. Toughen up and show some grit and stop whining. Anytime you start throwing the refs out there, your gonna get some backlash. Play the game or go home.....

I assume you are directin some of this towards me. Once again, I did play in it, we won it in 2003. We had near 200 yards, TWO HUNDRED YARDS IN PENALTIES.... We had two boys get ejected from the game. The only thing I am tryin to get across is this is the reason alot of the KY boys don't play in it, because they know they're gonna screwed. I'm like you, I don't give a ****, we knew we were gonna get screwed but we made sure they didn't take it from us. You shoulda seen Yogi on the sidelines of our game, he was furious because the refs didn't call more penalties against us, lol. I would go play in it again in a heartbeat. I just wish this game would be called fair one year so we can see who the better team really is.
The game is played the last week of July. That's not fair to say KY gets screwed every year because the 2003 had so many penalties. I was at the game and actually my son played for the WV team and that was probably one of the best games out of all of them. As for the kids getting tossed the one from Belfry cussed the ref out and the other kid threw a punch and got caught.I know that the refs are told before each game to keep it under control so they won't have any problems. I have heard several fans and past coaches from the WV N/S game say this a better game that the one they have in Charleston.
ib4mtigers Wrote:The game is played the last week of July. That's not fair to say KY gets screwed every year because the 2003 had so many penalties. I was at the game and actually my son played for the WV team and that was probably one of the best games out of all of them. As for the kids getting tossed the one from Belfry cussed the ref out and the other kid threw a punch and got caught.I know that the refs are told before each game to keep it under control so they won't have any problems. I have heard several fans and past coaches from the WV N/S game say this a better game that the one they have in Charleston.

I'm not sayin KY gets screwed every year just because the 2003 team had so many penalties. Every year since then the KY team has had that problem, it's ridiculous. It's funny you say the boy from Belfry cussed at the refs, he didn't do anything different then some of the WV players. As for the boy throwin a punch, watch the tape and see how many WV boys did the same and didn't even get a penalty for it. One of our QB's was late hit on our sideline and one of the WV boys started slappin his helmet and nothin was done about it.
WhenI said cussed the refsI mean he directly face to face cussed the ref out. Who knows maybe the ref deserved it. (LOL) I agree hitting out of bounds shouldn't be tolarated in any game. I have either been at every game or involved in one way or the other and have never seen the refs cheat as you say. I still feel like this is one of the best all star games in the area for the money. They always give $500.00 scholarships to a couple of the kids from each team and the fans seem to enjoy it every year.
FBALL Wrote:The 16th region teams currently have the NEKY all-star game that they play in. It is East vs West. East teams include Russell, Ashland, Boyd County, Fairviewl, Raceland East Carter, Lawrence County. West teams include Mason County, Clark County, Fleming County, Nicholas County, Rowan County, Morgan County, Lewis County.

Has the West EVER won this game? Tongue
I think last year....Cant remember??
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
It would be fine with me if KY found another game to participate in. This is nothing but a fundraiser for Matewan HS football and their coach. When it was the Kiwanis Bowl, the proceeds went towards charity of some kind. They have a hard time finding a coach because A) it is a bush league all-star game and B) it is played when all of the high school coaches are practicing their own teams. One of you more organized posters need to come up with an all-star game proposal that includes teams of the WYMT viewing area. Start over in Pulaski Co and work over to Pike County, divide it up evenly and play the game in Hazard sometime in June.
LifeSentence Wrote:It would be fine with me if KY found another game to participate in. This is nothing but a fundraiser for Matewan HS football and their coach. When it was the Kiwanis Bowl, the proceeds went towards charity of some kind. They have a hard time finding a coach because A) it is a bush league all-star game and B) it is played when all of the high school coaches are practicing their own teams. One of you more organized posters need to come up with an all-star game proposal that includes teams of the WYMT viewing area. Start over in Pulaski Co and work over to Pike County, divide it up evenly and play the game in Hazard sometime in June.

Use the basketball regions to pick your teams from. 12th and 13th regions seniors vs. 14th and 15th regions seniors. WYMT East KY Senior Bowl