Amazing win for the Lady Hornets! Congrats!:Clap:
BIG CONGRATS Lady Hornets keep up the hard work:blondedri
nice win, suprising..
Congrats!!!!

Way to win a big one PHS!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Wow..this is a surprise...i thought pike central was unbeatable
Congrats to Coach Vanhoose and the entire Lady Hornets Family!!!
Keep focused girls!!
did Pike Central have any girls not playing tonight........congrats to phelps
kittykat Wrote:did Pike Central have any girls not playing tonight........congrats to phelps

I know Ratliff, Thompson and Harris are all sick so im not sure if they played or not didn't go to the game. I would also assume Slone did not make the trip tonight due to the death of her Grandmother. But those are all questions someone is going to have to answer.

Congrats to the Lady Hornets that win right there illuminates this season for JR and his team and shows where he has brought them from. Even if some of PC's girls did not play. Considering they played them tight at Pike Central. Now after two big losses such as these, which has not happened since early last Jan which was Manual and a 15th regional team Johnson Central, how do they regroup. They must get their crap together now because they have back to back games with Belfry which COULD MAKE OR BREAK THIS SEASON.
Not to take anything away from Phelps, but several of PC players are ill with Flu Like/pneumonia type symtoms. Get healthy girls! Congrats to Phelps!
kittykat Wrote:did Pike Central have any girls not playing tonight........congrats to phelps

All girls played last night, i wish them the best in a speedy recovery and my condolence to AD
Bri Hatmaker was not at the game last night due to illness so she was missing from the PC bench. The rest of the girls played but Holly, Kayla R, Kayla L, Olivia, and Hannah, as well as Coach Butcher, are all on antibiotics and trying to recover from illness.

Regroup Hawks and get well -
I can feel the madness in the air. Congrats!
:mad: everytime Pike Central gets beat, and i mean flat out beat and outplayed even with there traveling pack of refs they always got excuse after excuse after excuse!!! Could you people for once take it and say we got beat tonight without well we were not fillin good or were all on anti biotics.... suck it up phelps had some girls with the same bug you guys got..... want to know why noone knew? because we suck it up and play.... Central you need to learn how to get beat!!! Can't wait for district!
I would not add to much fuel to the fire PHS!!! It was a nice win - enjoy it.
It was a great win.... shows the talent of the coaches and the players! Keep up the great work guys!
PHS#1 Wrote::mad: everytime Pike Central gets beat, and i mean flat out beat and outplayed even with there traveling pack of refs they always got excuse after excuse after excuse!!! Could you people for once take it and say we got beat tonight without well we were not fillin good or were all on anti biotics.... suck it up phelps had some girls with the same bug you guys got..... want to know why noone knew? because we suck it up and play.... Central you need to learn how to get beat!!! Can't wait for district!

Good Job I am happy for you its the first time you have had a feeling of beating the Lady Hawks since Feb of 2006. Ironically it was also at Phelps. Anyways the girls are sick right now and apparently they have sucked it up b/c unlike you the made a trip over the week end to one of the most prestigious tournaments in the nation where all of them were sick as well. SO what do you want us to say we were out played b/c the last time I checked a one point win doesn't mean you got out played it could have simply been the other team hit one more free throw than you. Now I am a Pike Central fan and if im not mistaking I congrats JR and Girls saying that this made this season everything to you community. I am happy to see Phelps get on track b/c now that gives us something to work for in this what use to seem weak district at the beginning of the season. Just like you I can not wait for district either b/c I can not wait to have that 3rd district championship in a row. BACK TO BACK TO BACK :Thumbs:
In my opinion, hitting one less free throw than the other team means you got outplayed as free throws are a part of the game. I am sure it was hard fought on both sides, illness or not, but no one should take anything away from the lady hornets and the wonderful job their coaches are doing with them this season!
PHS95 Wrote:In my opinion, hitting one less free throw than the other team means you got outplayed as free throws are a part of the game. I am sure it was hard fought on both sides, illness or not, but no one should take anything away from the lady hornets and the wonderful job their coaches are doing with them this season!

the thing is im not taking away from them i mean they played Valley really tight and should have won that one. They played Pike Central tough at PC and beat them. You also have to look at free throw attempts by each team im not sure on who had the most but if Phelps had more then that plays a big part in it. We will see at district if Phelps is legit or if they just had Central's number on that one night Phelps has never defeated Pike Central in the district tournament so if history is to repeat its self then the future of this season looks grim. Good Luck to JR and the Lady Hornets on the rest of the season. Helluva coach and team.
http://www.williamsondailynews.com/artic...132924.txt

Good read on the game, accoring to the Box Score PCC shot 31 free throws to Phelps 17.
Belfry Wins Wrote:http://www.williamsondailynews.com/artic...132924.txt

Good read on the game, accoring to the Box Score PCC shot 31 free throws to Phelps 17.

well i was just saying BelfryWins...
LOLOL.........

3 more foul shots and PC would have shot DOUBLE what PHS did...... ???????
so..... if foul shots make a difference.......

Regardless.... it is a great win for Phelps girls and their coaches. They have worked very hard to get to where they are at and I commend the coaches for doing an outstanding job with them. I hope the girls from PC get to feeling better...... most of the county has been down with this virus type thing that is going around.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JR, SHAWNA, DEVIN, and above all..... GIRLS!!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:LOLOL.........

3 more foul shots and PC would have shot DOUBLE what PHS did...... ???????
so..... if foul shots make a difference.......

thats the difference in sliding your feet and playing defense with your hands, same thing that happened to Montgomery County.

But anyways Pike Central shot 23%, Phelps packed it in with the zone which is what every team in the region does against PC b/c no one can guard them in straight up man to man and it beat them. If you shot 23% you aren't going to beat very many teams, especially when your opponent is shooting around 40-50% such as Phelps last night. Now they just have to regroup come out Thur and pick up a big win and then again on mon and let Phelps and Belfry battle it out to see who moves on to the Championship game.

Just got back from Pike Central's practice and they looked tired, very fatigued and not moving very well which im assuming is a combination from last night and the sickness. K. Lowe was not at practice and Hatmaker was not dressed but was on attendance for practice. Butcher told them to go home and get rested.
Very Shocking Score!
Congrats Lady Hornets.
Congrats Lady Hornets and Coach VanHoose! BIG Win for the program!
Nice win there JR. Congrats to the Lady Hornets.
go phs hornets
Congrats to both teams on a well played game.
Not taking away anything away from the Lady Hornets, but PC was just not on at all. It was a case of Phelps came to play and the Lady Hawks didn't. Also, there core of the team were all sick(even there coach). I am no trying to say anything bad about Phelps but if PC was healthy I don't look for this to be a game...can't wait for district to 3-Peat!
every team in this region is suffering from the same sickness right now...so u can't use that as an excuse
Every Team Losin A Game
Yea Phelps Beat Pike Central
Woohoo
Its Just A Regular Season Game
Doesnt Mean Nothing