Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University Heights 53 - Hazard 46 ( All "A" Championship)
If it was up to Hopson, this wouldnt have even been a game. This actually never was that close. UHA controlled the game and the game was never in question.
bigblue4ever Wrote:If it was up to Hopson, this wouldnt have even been a game. This actually never was that close. UHA controlled the game and the game was never in question.

Smile That's funny. Hopson is not that good. They ONLY reason he is goin D-1 is because of his height, it's definately not becuase of his skills. Edmondson is 10 times the player Hopson is, that's why Billy Clyde was the game, to see #12, not #32...
UHA could have went to Edmonson too. Im just saying the game was never in question and Hazard is lucky the stars of UHA didnt mutilate them.
bigblue4ever Wrote:UHA could have went to Edmonson too. Im just saying the game was never in question and Hazard is lucky the stars of UHA didnt mutilate them.

Edmonson is what makes UHA go. Hopson wouldn't score 10 points against Lex Cath.
Thats probally true, I guess Hazard can make anybody look like a star
What a great showing! For those saying the game was never in doubt ... right. The game, in fact, was not decided until UHA's final push very late in the game. If the refs call just a couple of those over-the-back rebounds UHA got all day it could have been more interesting. Reckon it's hard to call that when you've got guys with that much vertical rising up. Hazard got one missed call in their favor... the kick by Whitaker. But missed calls did not decide this game.

Hazard showed some real moxie in this tournament coming back from 15 down in the fourth against Rose Hill and being in a position to win against UHA. Nicely done, although it's hard to say which is the better TEAM, depending on whether you define it by the group effort or the end result. Hazard seemed to have more purpose in their play while UHA clearly had more athleticism. McCoy's a fine coach, but his group doesn't have to execute as flawlessly with little margin for error when loaded with the athletes he has. Hazard was putting up rainbows or shooting with the quickest release you've ever seen under the bucket to keep from getting the shot blocked. The biggest factor in this game ... besides the missed free throws ... and Hopson going up about 11 feet... and Edmondson putting on his Scarlet Speedster lace-ups... was Michael Campbell's foul trouble.

All in all ... great game, great atmosphere, great support from both teams' fans.

Sure will be fun from here on out...

In other news, anyone remember McCoy's big player at Elkhorn City? Was it Conley? Where's my memory? Loved watching him play.
hollister_42 Wrote:Aww, that was so nice of you to remind me.
Hazard lost..just thought i would remind you of that.
CONGRATS UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS!!
I didnt see JBS in that tournament did i now, people are congratulating a team that tried very hard but in the end the BETTER team won, not taking anything away from UHA. The first thing you are going to say is that tate wasnt there, i agree he wasnt there and even with him there the game was close and not a blow out. Why cant u be like any other person on here and congratulate UHA if you want to and quit whining coz JBS couldnt cut it in ALL 'A' AGAIN.
Congrats to Coach McCoy and UHA.