Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 72 Pikeville 48
Final. Shelby Valley came to play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats SV...Better team won and is ahead in the head-2-head series...
This looks more like i thought it should. No doubt about it Valley is the better team. Congrats!
showed who is the best team
I figured this was going to happen. After what happened down at Betsy Layne. Congrats to SV.
Valley was hot tonight, they were hitting everything. Heck the cheerleaders were even hitting some thingsWink. But seriously Valley played well and Pikeville turned the ball over way too many times. Congrats SV.
Pikeville leads the nation in turnovers.
Congrats Valley....looks like they dished out a little payback....
congrats valley..they def. proved they are the better team..
Please try to keep this thread about the game and not insults.
Pikeville proved in the All "A" that they are capable of beating Shelby Valley, but Valley played tonight at a level that Pikeville doesn't have...

Glad that Valley locked up the #1 seed in the district, but would like to have this intensity from Valley every game...
congrats valley....i figured you would pull this one out but not by this much...way to come out strong after your tough loss against pikeville last week...
Guess we're back to a two team region (with the exception that SV or Paintsville just play bad or some other team just gets on a streak). This should have been more like the All A game, but sometimes the best teams don't win. Any team can be beat on a given night, but SV and Paintsville are truly on a different level than the rest of the region when they are at their best!

Congrats to Valley on the win!
The King hit the nail on the head. Pikeville doesn't have the guns to play with Valley when Valley plays like this. Looked like a totally different team tonight . . . well, both teams did. Pikeville had entirely too many turnovers. In the first half, Valley got off 34 shots compared to Pikeville's 11. Pikeville could have made them all, and not have been in the lead. Booher changed his strategy and went with a lot more pressure on the ball tonight. Logan was on the floor a lot longer tonight, and it payed off defensively. The boys definitely came to play. They were on a mission. Makes you wonder why they don't do that all the time.

Gatlin Clark was really the only Panther to play well. He was really impressive at times. Anyone know how many points he had, and how many 3s he hit?

Unofficial Stats:

Valley had 23 rebounds, 21 assists, 21 steals, and 5 turnovers.
They shot 32-62 (51%) from the field.
They shot 5-13 (38%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 3-4 (75%) from the free throw line.

Pikeville had 21 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals, and 25 turnovers.
They shot 20-40 (50%) from the field.
They shot 5-12 (41%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 3-6 (50%) from the free throw line.

For Valley:

Ashley Hatfield had 14 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds.
Jacob Bryant had 13 points, 6 assists, 4 steals, and 3 rebounds.
Elisha Justice had 12 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 8 steals.
Logan Bryant had 12 points, 4 steals, and 3 rebounds.
Jonah Justice had 10 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Curby Tackett had 6 points and 5 rebounds.
Tyler Newsome had 5 points.
*All five of Valley's starters scored in double figures.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The King hit the nail on the head. Pikeville doesn't have the guns to play with Valley when Valley plays like this. Looked like a totally different team tonight . . . well, both teams did. Pikeville had entirely too many turnovers. In the first half, Valley got off 34 shots compared to Pikeville's 11. Pikeville could have made them all, and not have been in the lead. Booher changed his strategy and went with a lot more pressure on the ball tonight. Logan was on the floor a lot longer tonight, and it payed off defensively. The boys definitely came to play. They were on a mission. Makes you wonder why they don't do that all the time.

Gatlin Clark was really the only Panther to play well. He was really impressive at times. Anyone know how many points he had, and how many 3s he hit?

Unofficial Stats:

For Valley:

Gatlin had 16.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Gatlin had 16.

Thanks, I wasn't sure.

I had Clevinger with 8, Adams with 7, Honaker with 6, and Bell with 3 to round out the starters.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thanks, I wasn't sure.

I had Clevinger with 8, Adams with 7, Honaker with 6, and Bell with 3 to round out the starters.
Yea, I don't know about threes but I'd say he had 3 and Bell and Burchett added 1 each. Just couldn't get any shots off due to Valley's pressure.
Wow... Didn't expect this kind of outcome but I knew that Shelby Valley was the better team... Congrats Valley!
Congrats to Valley. They came out smelling blood and...well we just smelled (as in stinking up the court). To say we came out a little lethargic is an insult to lathargic folks everywhere. If the team that played the 2 games last weekend wouldve bothered to show up tonight Valley wouldve had their hands full again. I hope that team shows back up before tournament time.
I knew Valley would actually come to play in this one after overlooking them the first time. Impressive win Valley!
Congrats to Valley on the win. You guys come in with some hot pressure and we had way to many turnovers. That was the story of the game. Good win on the road in a packed gym.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The King hit the nail on the head. Pikeville doesn't have the guns to play with Valley when Valley plays like this. Looked like a totally different team tonight . . . well, both teams did. Pikeville had entirely too many turnovers. In the first half, Valley got off 34 shots compared to Pikeville's 11. Pikeville could have made them all, and not have been in the lead. Booher changed his strategy and went with a lot more pressure on the ball tonight. Logan was on the floor a lot longer tonight, and it payed off defensively. The boys definitely came to play. They were on a mission. Makes you wonder why they don't do that all the time.

Unofficial Stats:

For Valley:

Jacob Bryant with 4 steals. WOW! They must of been throwing that ball everywhere or the stat man was a little tipsy (LOL). He reminds me of me when I played. Neither of us could guard a tree. Smile Just playing Jake! Congrats SV. Remember this game and play with that kind of heart every game. Did SV finally press man to man?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Elisha Justice had 12 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 8 steals.

That's not that far from a triple double...
Congrats to SV on a big District rival game. In looking at the above posted stats. the first thing that stood out, besides the score, was SV playing an entire game with on 5 TO's. Great job in taking care of the ball. You will not see this good of a job done in not many high school games. Heads up Panthers & looking for a rematch in the future.
KC 1973 Wrote:Congrats to SV on a big District rival game. In looking at the above posted stats. the first thing that stood out, besides the score, was SV playing an entire game with on 5 TO's. Great job in taking care of the ball. You will not see this good of a job done in not many high school games. Heads up Panthers & looking for a rematch in the future.
If I am not mistaken, they only had 2 turnovers at the start of the 4th.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If the team that played the 2 games last weekend wouldve bothered to show up tonight Valley wouldve had their hands full again.

I think Valley's pressure had alot to do with that team not showing up in this game. In the All "A" Valley didn't apply as much pressure, which allowed Pikeville to control the tempo of the game. Valley absolutely controlled the tempo of this game and Pikeville cannot hang with them at that pace. Bart was given alot of praise for his gameplan in the All "A", but Pikeville wasn't prepared for what they saw in this game. I think Booher deserves credit for his gameplan this time around... Hopefully they will continue to apply this type of pressure for the rest of the season...
Two bright spots for Pikeville:

1. Congrats to [B]Matt Clevinger for joining the 1000 point club! [/B]He joins an elite group of players. He is a great kid, on the court, off the court and in the classroom. He is very competitive but is able to "leave it on the court" after the game, win or lose.

2. Pikeville Cheerleaders are awesome. Their tumbling and stunt ability is like nothing seen in this area. The girls work hard and it shows. Props to Lisa Wheeler for the time she spends with the Twinkles, AAU etc. These girls are very well prepared when they get to the Varsity level.

Congrats valley. You played a really good game and Pikeville had a not so good game, but it happens---remember last weekend? The question has never been who had the better team. Everyone knows valley has a better team. The question has been if Pikeville could beat valley and the answer is YES!
The man to man full court pressure was the difference. It was a break from the 2-2-1 trap that they usually play. Glad to see Booher finally do this
Congrats
This score shocked me. I thought Pikeville had closed the gap on Valley by removing their measure of invincibility in the All "A" Classic but once again, the Wildcats prove that they are the measuring stick of the 15th Region. I am praying for a Paintsville/Shelby Valley matchup in the 15th Regional Tournament because, IMO, that will be the game of the year. It took Paintsville 2 overtimes and a late 4th quarter rally to disperse of Pikeville in the All "A" and now Valley has finally found a way to dismantle the Panthers. It'd be an interesting matchup with lots of talk leading up to say the least.