Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some truth to JBS football rumor?
Just heard from a reliable source that has ties to Alice Lloyd that there could be football in Pippa Passes in the next couple of years. Alice Lloyd has apparently sent a couple of people out through eastern Kentucky in hopes of getting some input on if kids would want to play. One recruiter has already visited Sheldon Clark recently and talked with Damon Hensley, SC's quarterback. If Alice Lloyd is getting a team then there could be a good chance that JBS will start one also!!
Hope that its true, because it will give a lot more local kids a chance at playing some ball at the next level.
If this really happens I could see lots of support for the programs. This will give many local players a chance at the other level and would also bring more money into the college and highschool allowing them to expand and become noticed. This could really be a great oppurtunity for Alice Lloyd and JBS.
Dont ever see it happening JMO!!!
Does JBS have enough students to field a football team? If they did field one, what other sport would be offered for females?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Does JBS have enough students to field a football team? If they did field one, what other sport would be offered for females?

i would assume volleyball
RedGreen Wrote:If this really happens I could see lots of support for the programs. This will give many local players a chance at the other level and would also bring more money into the college and highschool allowing them to expand and become noticed. This could really be a great oppurtunity for Alice Lloyd and JBS.

What level will they play on?

NAIA

D-3?

The bolded has not worked well for Pikeville, in fact it is the opposite, a lot of negative attention, not a lot of local players, and an ABSOLUTE DRAIN on money.
who is JBS???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
June Buchanon School
NEXT Wrote:What level will they play on?

NAIA

D-3?

The bolded has not worked well for Pikeville, in fact it is the opposite, a lot of negative attention, not a lot of local players, and an ABSOLUTE DRAIN on money.

NAIA... Thats what all there other sports participate in.

DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:who is JBS???

June Buchanan School.
NEXT Wrote:What level will they play on?

NAIA

D-3?

I would assume that they would be NAIA. If they do start up a squad I would suggest to get a local coach with local to recruit local kids.
THANKS !!!! I think that is what KCU is doing with alot of local talent, NAIA and they will field a varsity team this year. I know some kids have left already from there becasue they have found that they might not get the playing time they thought they would get. I did hear that KCU will offer scholies this coming year. I hope that JBS and ALC all get football teams. more football please!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
How many boys are enrolled at JBS?
TRAIN85 Wrote:How many boys are enrolled at JBS?

I'm thinking around 40-50 total.
Not trying to be mean but @ a JBS basketball game half of their school is on the floor. & the basketball team pratices like all year so i don't see this happening.......well ever.....JMO
TRAIN85 Wrote:How many boys are enrolled at JBS?

Where will they build the football field?

Sounds like it may be time for mountain top removal.
JBS will not have a football team. As for Alice Lloyd, I dont think they would want to go through the trouble of having a college football team. They have a very good school over there right now and when you bring in football players, a lot of times you are bringing in trouble to your school.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Where will they build the football field?

Sounds like it may be time for mountain top removal.

I heard about a year or 2 ago that ALC had broke ground on a new athletic complex. I heard that they were planning to have tennis courts and a walking track as part of it. Perhaps if the land is big enough they could put a field there.
warmachine Wrote:JBS will not have a football team. As for Alice Lloyd, I dont think they would want to go through the trouble of having a college football team. They have a very good school over there right now and when you bring in football players, a lot of times you are bringing in trouble to your school.

There is a good stereotype. Yeah right. It is almost like you are saying football players are all trouble makers and schools thinking about having football need to consider the fact that football players belong behind bars. This is ridiculousness in it's lowest form.
Well I wasnt saying football players need to be behind bars. They simply like to party a little harder than most hoopsters and baseballers.
IMO this is never going to happen. I attend ALC and baskebal is about the only thing they care about plus someone pays the college big money not to have a football team. If a miracle appened and there were to be a football tema here, the field would probably be at the new Sportsplex they built in Hindman.
If there is a woman contributing major funds to not have a football then I would imagine that ALC and JBS wouldn't want to miss out on that free money.
TRAIN85 Wrote:If there is a woman contributing major funds to not have a football then I would imagine that ALC and JBS wouldn't want to miss out on that free money.
I know the lady in question had a son that died playing football. Does anyone know the whole story behind this?
clipperw Wrote:I heard about a year or 2 ago that ALC had broke ground on a new athletic complex. I heard that they were planning to have tennis courts and a walking track as part of it. Perhaps if the land is big enough they could put a field there.

really you do not have to worry about ground, they could put the football field inside the track. Which JIMO would be more logical for them.
I hope this happens. It gives kids locally a chance to play at the next level.
Sure wish it happened a few years ago. Clark as a QB...Tate as a RB.. and goodness Imagine the line..Sharp team. lol