Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 53, East Ridge 48
Final
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Sounds like this was a close game.
Oh my god...I thought for sure Pikeville would kill them..ER must be pretty good this year. I think they could meet Valley in the district championship.
Is this the same Pikeville team people say can win region?
no question about it, east ridge has definately stepped up their game this year. i do believe they will be the team to play valley for district.
true_blue221 Wrote:no question about it, east ridge has definately stepped up their game this year. i do believe they will be the team to play valley for district.

Lets hope so...
I predicted this would be a close game & I was right. I didn't realize this was ER's first loss of the year. They are off to a good start despite the loss tonight. Does anyone have any details about this game?
Congrats Panthers!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I predicted this would be a close game & I was right. I didn't realize this was ER's first loss of the year. They are off to a good start despite the loss tonight. Does anyone have any details about this game?
I believe I predicted Pikeville by 5 last night. This was one of the most physical games I have seen in a while. If the officials are going to let it get this rough in the 59th district all season then it is going to be a WAR every game, yes even games that include the almighty Wildcats! All 3 teams can play, best district in the region by far, again!
bball fan Wrote:I believe I predicted Pikeville by 5 last night. This was one of the most physical games I have seen in a while. If the officials are going to let it get this rough in the 59th district all season then it is going to be a WAR every game, yes even games that include the almighty Wildcats! All 3 teams can play, best district in the region by far, again!

i agree, best district in the region 100%
yea the game was pretty rough....i think ER should have beat Pikeville....Maybe they will be able to pull one out on the Ridge...
I don't think there is any question the 59th is the toughest district in the 15th region this year.

And yes, ER is physical --- you better be ready to bang when you play them!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I don't think there is any question the 59th is the toughest district in the 15th region this year.

And yes, ER is physical --- you better be ready to bang when you play them!

Yea coach Ratliff has really pushed them to the limits this year..they really have impressed me....their a tough team physically
I thought it would be a close game. It will be interesting to see how each fair against Valley.
Congrats Pikeville
Congrats Pikeville
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Pikeville
East Ridge is much better than most give them credit. I do believe the young guards on ER should get more playing time and will as the season progresses. The fact remains they have not beaten Pikeville in some time and even though they played close last night, again they lost. Also, keep in mind Pikeville was up 11 with around 1 minute left but kept turning it over. Some of the turnovers came as a result of pressure but the majority were unforced mistakes.

Regardless, as it stands right now, this is a 2 team region (Shelby Valley and Paintsville) with everyone else just playing for 3rd place. Good luck to all teams chasing these powerhouses, you will need it.
true_blue221 Wrote:i agree, best district in the region 100%

yea considering they have the 2 teams in the Region championship last year. lol

but Congrats Pikeville. wish i could of gone but im 700 miles away. haha

was it at PHS??
Congrats Pikeville. Pikeville better step it up if they want to get out of their district in the post season. East Ridge is young and will get better.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Is this the same Pikeville team people say can win region?

oh lord no. Were ALOT different than last year...I wish Daniel Harmon would realize what he has done to this team
If...Then Wrote:oh lord no. Were ALOT different than last year...I wish Daniel Harmon would realize what he has done to this team
They have the potential to be better this year than last year. They lost quite a bit in last years team, but they also have picked up in places they was lacking last season. This is still early in the year for Pikeville. They are always playing better at the end of Feb. than they are at the end of Dec. I seen signs of them starting to click a couple nights ago. When the consistency gets better, Pikeville will be a team not to be over looked.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They have the potential to be better this year than last year. They lost quite a bit in last years team, but they also have picked up in places they was lacking last season. This is still early in the year for Pikeville. They are always playing better at the end of Feb. than they are at the end of Dec. I seen signs of them starting to click a couple nights ago. When the consistency gets better, Pikeville will be a team not to be over looked.

What kind of signs did you see. Were they from earth are you just hoping they get better. What do you mean early for Pikeville the time is now.
Benchwarmer Wrote:What kind of signs did you see. Were they from earth are you just hoping to they get better. What do you mean early for Pikeville the time is now.
The signs I seen was on the court, in some places that is beyond Earth I guess. By early for Pikeville, they seem to always play better the farther the season goes on compared to the start of the season. Pikeville for the last couple seasons at least has peaked at the right time.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The signs I seen was on the court, in some places that is beyond Earth I guess. By early for Pikeville, they seem to always play better the farther the season goes on compared to the start of the season. Pikeville for the last couple seasons at least has peaked at the right time.

06/07 last ten games
5-4 Lost first round of regionls

05/06 Last ten games
5-4 lost first round of regionls

04/05 last ten games
1-9 never made it out of district

ow that is how you peak:yikes:
Benchwarmer Wrote:06/07 last ten games

05/06 Last ten games

04/05 last ten games
1-9 never made it out of district

ow that is how you peak:yikes:

Actually- 06-07 Pikeville played in the Championship game of the 15th Region Tourney.
gotcha2 Wrote:Actually- 06-07 Pikeville played in the Championship game of the 15th Region Tourney.

My bad.
If...Then Wrote:oh lord no. Were ALOT different than last year...I wish Daniel Harmon would realize what he has done to this team

Harmon has done nothing to this team. I can't believe that you would try to blame him for Pikeville's lack of success so far this season. His heart is not into the game so why play if you don't love it? I thought that the two sophomores were supposed to be better and give Pikeville more than Harmon could anyway? That is what everyone kept saying when the news of him not playing came out. Some people even went as far as to say that Pikeville's head coach said these things. Whether he did or not is beyond me but what Pikeville needs is for some seniors to step it up on their end. I was embarrassed to be in attendence last night to hear #2 cuss out loud the way he did. My son was there with me and heard that garbage. To beat it all he was not even disciplined in any way during the game. Maybe after the game the coaches smacked his little bottom but it was down right disgraceful to hear what came out of his mouth. He should be suspended and his coaches from every sport should agree.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The signs I seen was on the court, in some places that is beyond Earth I guess. By early for Pikeville, they seem to always play better the farther the season goes on compared to the start of the season. Pikeville for the last couple seasons at least has peaked at the right time.

They did not peak enough to beat Valley so they obviously did not peak at the right time.
Benchwarmer Wrote:06/07 last ten games
06-07 season, 6-2, runner up in the 59th district, runner up in the 15th region

Benchwarmer Wrote:05/06 Last ten games
05-06 season, 5-3, 59th district champion, 3 point loss in the first round of the 15th to the eventual 15th region champions.

The point I was trying to make is that Pikeville for the last couple years has been peaking at the right time of the year. Not in December or January. But the end of Feb. when it matters the most.