Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co 68 JBS 58
Mason built an early lead and coasts to an easy victory. JBS never really challenged. Miller held Stepp to 12.
Nice try JBS. How did Elliott do?
OffTheHook Wrote:Nice try JBS. How did Elliott do?
lost by quite a few
Thanks. if anyone has a score post it please.
Congrats Mason
Congrats Mason..Nice showing JBS! VERY RESPECTABLE!
I have to disagree with these posts. I don't know if we watched the same game.

It was for sure not "Stepp Ball". Once again Clarl led the team in assists... from what I saw, he had over 10.

It was a hard fought showing by JBS. They just couldn't stop Setty or Middleton from hitting 3's.

Mason raced out to a 23-6 1st qtr lead. JBS fought back to get in the game. Mason didn't let up at all.

Clark's shots were contested the whole night, but he did a great job of getting everyone involved... he also did a good job driving and juking by Miller on a handful of occasions.

If I had a game ball, it would go to Garson Collins. He had around 7-8 blocks and 2 dunks. He had a heck of a game.

Truth be told, Miller passed up on a lot of shots... he might have been able to get 40.
FullCount Wrote:I have to disagree with these posts. I don't know if we watched the same game.

It was for sure not "Stepp Ball". Once again Clarl led the team in assists... from what I saw, he had over 10.

It was a hard fought showing by JBS. They just couldn't stop Setty or Middleton from hitting 3's.

Mason raced out to a 23-6 1st qtr lead. JBS fought back to get in the game. Mason didn't let up at all.

Clark's shots were contested the whole night, but he did a great job of getting everyone involved... he also did a good job driving and juking by Miller on a handful of occasions.

If I had a game ball, it would go to Garson Collins. He had around 7-8 blocks and 2 dunks. He had a heck of a game.

Truth be told, Miller passed up on a lot of shots... he might have been able to get 40.
At what point did JBStepp get back into the game? The spread stayed about the same till the last minute.
I knew Jobakka couldn't say something good about JBS. Obviously he has his mind made up that he isn't gonna say something good no matter what. But I was very proud of JBS. Congrats to Mason County! Good effort for JBS!
Does it feel good to bash on the Stepp name???

The 1st qtr. killed JBS. Mason was the better team, but JBS fought hard to make it respectable. They out-scored Mason Co. 52-45 from qtrs. 2-4.
FullCount Wrote:Does it feel good to bash on the Stepp name???

The 1st qtr. killed JBS. Mason was the better team, but JBS fought hard to make it respectable. They out-scored Mason Co. 52-45 from qtrs. 2-4.
I repeat!!! 10 was as close as it got, and that was at the end of the game. Mason was never in any danger. Mason coasted as you said yourself Miller could of had 40 but Mason turned down the heat and just kept control of the game. Much better team. Most of Clarks assists were because he had no choice but give up the ball. The D was killing him
Did you watch the game????

Yes Mason Co. won, but it was certainly not the way that you are describing it.

Your personal vendetta against JBS had got you making up things in your head.
Get the thread on topic with no personal attacks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FullCount Wrote:Did you watch the game????

Yes Mason Co. won, but it was certainly not the way that you are describing it.

Your personal venditta against JBS had got you making up things in your head.
I challenge you on the facts and you have yet to respond with any facts. When did JBStepp fight back into the game, Look at the score minute by minute, Did Miller pass up shots as you earlier stated. Is that not turning down the heat when an all state player don,t try to pad his stat line. These are the facts as you have stated so far. I do understand how a JBStepp fan could see it different. Padding stats is a major on thier campus.
I do noy intend for this to be any personal attacks to you only defending how I see the game
JBS has a heck of team this year, but I didn't think they had much of a chance in this game. From what I have heard the game was never really that close. On the other hand to stay within 10 pts of the best team in the land (state) is not that bad either. Collins kid must be coming around.
Mason just got the early lead and JBS outscored Mason the other 3 quarters but could not overcome the early lead. Dont let some tell you that it was a coast game because Mason County had their starters in the whole game including when the buzzer sounded. JBS still refuses to use their big guys inside and that is what hurts them the most against teams like this. Collins played and awesome game and would have scored alot more but he could not get any passes. Short got two passes inside and scored on both of them. Everyone in the stands just kept saying they dont understand why JBS refuses to pass inside. Cox did make the few passes that were thrown inside. Mason seemed to be a better team than last year and I think JBS is alot better if they want to be. Good luck to both teams this year.
If the ball is not going inside it's usually because it's being shot from the outside Smile Just kidding! I haven't even seen JBS play this year, but I know they are a talented ballclub. Arguably the best in the mountains --- arguably!
Awesome showing from JBS! closer than most people thought! How did Tate do? Congrats Mason Co!
Congrats Mason. My prediction was correct! 10 point game.
Garrison was leading scorer with 17 and 2 dunks. Too bad that lead got out to that much to start or maybe couldve been a better game.
Congrats Mason. Great effort JBS.
Congrats Mason Co. on the win. JBS got caught looking too much at the beginning of this game or it would have been very, very tight. JBS showed me something tonight that they have failed to do in the past and that is to keep their composure. JBS should not have their heads down. With the exception of the first few min. they played one heck of a ball game!
Congrats Royals... Great effort JBS!

Guys its time to grow up and relize that JBS is a mountain team and that just because they defeat your team doesn't mean that you should start bashing them, I know that you guys wouldn't like to see your teams players get bashed constantly, so stop it. The bashing of JBS has gotten rediculous and if I see anyone else do it there post will be deleted.

Give credit where credit is do!
blackcat_student Wrote:Congrats Royals... Great effort JBS!

Guys its time to grow up and relize that JBS is a mountain team and that just because they defeat your team doesn't mean that you should start bashing them, I know that you guys wouldn't like to see your teams players get bashed constantly, so stop it. The bashing of JBS has gotten rediculous and if I see anyone else do it there post will be deleted.

:Thumbs: Great effort tonight Crusaders!
JOBAKKA Wrote:I challenge you on the facts and you have yet to respond with any facts. When did JBStepp fight back into the game, Look at the score minute by minute, Did Miller pass up shots as you earlier stated. Is that not turning down the heat when an all state player don,t try to pad his stat line. These are the facts as you have stated so far. I do understand how a JBStepp fan could see it different. Padding stats is a major on thier campus.
I do noy intend for this to be any personal attacks to you only defending how I see the game

I have stated my facts pretty clearly in my first post. I just resent your personal attacks on the Stepps. Why do you dislike the Stepps???

I am not even a JBS fan. Just a fan of Mountain teams.

I watched the game... I saw mistakes by all of the JBS players. I never questioned that JBS was beaten, I simply stated that they battled hard. I thought that Clark Stepp did well with Darius Miller guarding him... It's Darius Miller, the probable Mr. Basketball.

I know that Miller could have had 40, that's why I posted that.
Congrats Mason county
blackcat_student Wrote:Congrats Royals... Great effort JBS!

I couldn't agree more. I have already deleted one post on this thread. Just about every thread that mentions JBS has some kind of hating going on. I don't know why. Please clean up your posts and do not mention any players by name in a derogatory way. If you do your post will be deleted and an infraction will be given.
IF JBS is going to compete with the best teams in the state they need to distribute the ball better. They need to quit dribbling so much and start passing more. Lex Herald list Collins as leading scorer with 16 and Clark Stepp with 12 points on 4 for 16 shooting.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I challenge you on the facts and you have yet to respond with any facts. When did JBStepp fight back into the game, Look at the score minute by minute, Did Miller pass up shots as you earlier stated. Is that not turning down the heat when an all state player don,t try to pad his stat line. These are the facts as you have stated so far. I do understand how a JBStepp fan could see it different. Padding stats is a major on thier campus.
Why all the bashing on Stepp? He is a great player that represents JBS and EKy very well.
There is no shame in losing by 10 points to the 23rd ranked team in the country. Mason Countys only loss was to the #2 team in the country (Rice NY). Great job JBS. You may get another shot at Mason County in the Sweet 16. Good luck the rest of the season.