Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ariz St-Texas Play of the Year!
Arizona State was down 21-0, and Arizona State had the ball on the 15 ready to score. Arizona State's quarterback drops back to pass, gets hit, throws the ball backwards, ball bounces toward the sideline, Texas' coach's step-son goes out on the field to pick the ball up, then backs off, Texas recovers and takes the ball downfield........... game looks to be over, right?

WRONG, they say that the coach's step-son touched the ball, which made it a dead ball and a penalty. It was still 4th and 2 (which they called unsportsmanlike, so I have no clue why it wasn't a 1st down?), but Arizona State scored on a 4th and 2 pass.

Forget play of the year, that might be a top 5 college play of all-time!!!!!!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yea that was a bad call. It showed that he didnt even touch it. Texas is just killing them right now.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea that was a bad call. It showed that he didnt even touch it. Texas is just killing them right now.

I think he may have touched it, but I don't think it was undisputable to where it couldn't be overturned, but my point was how the step-son's an idiot and will probly be on suicide watch tonight, especially if they lose.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
The Texas coach just said that he didnt know if it was him but that noone touched the ball. Interview they had when they were heading to the locker room.
BFritz Wrote:I think he may have touched it, but I don't think it was undisputable to where it couldn't be overturned, but my point was how the step-son's an idiot and will probly be on suicide watch tonight, especially if they lose.

I meant that it wasn't INDISPUTABLE to where it COULD be overtrurned
I dont know but that was one crazy play.
Bad call, I dont think he touched it at all.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Bad call, I dont think he touched it at all.

Whether anyone thinks he did or not, there wasn't INDISPUTABLE evidence that said he did.
He did clearly touch it. He just admited it on ESPN.
warriorpride Wrote:He did clearly touch it. He just admited it on ESPN.

Actually he said that he DIDN'T touch it.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Actually he said that he DIDN'T touch it.

Well I must have misunderstood what he said, but ESPN news clearly showed replays and pictured of him touching the ball on the nose with his thumb.
He better be glad that Texas won, because he would have been the Bartrum(Cubs guy who screwed everything up) of College football!
warriorpride Wrote:Well I must have misunderstood what he said, but ESPN news clearly showed replays and pictured of him touching the ball on the nose with his thumb.
I just saw the post-game interview on ESPN with him as he was leaving the field, he said he didn't touch it.

ESPN just said the same thing I did: that there wasn't indisputable evidence that said he touched it, but the ref felt like he had to (or something like that, but they did say it wasn't indisputable).