Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Classic Tournament
Does anyone know what the bracket looks like?????
Well, when I checked KHSAA yesterday for it, it looked like a total MESS. hahaha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This only game I know is Hazard plays Clay County
Tues, Jan. 8th

June Buchanan vs. Knox Central
Pikeville vs. Breathitt Co.

Wed. Jan 9th
Cumberland Redskins vs. Knott Co. Central
Clay Co. vs Hazard

Thurs. Jan 10
Losers of round 1

Friday Jan 11
Semi Finals

Saturday Jan 12
Thursday winners, (5th place)
Consolation Game
Championship Game
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
It looks like to me, JBS and Hazard in the championship.
RavenBoy Wrote:It looks like to me, JBS and Hazard in the championship.

:Thumbs: Looks good to me!
RavenBoy Wrote:It looks like to me, JBS and Hazard in the championship.
Don't sleep on the 13th region teams.
happyface Wrote:Don't sleep on the 13th region teams.
I think Cumberland will beat Knott in their first game. I dont see Knox getting by JBS though. I would have liked to seen Corbin come out of the 13th also and played in the WYMT.
uk96 Wrote:I think Cumberland will beat Knott in their first game. I dont see Knox getting by JBS though. I would have liked to seen Corbin come out of the 13th also and played in the WYMT.

Corbin has not played in the Mountain Classic since 1990 and for some reason do not want to play in the tourney. But I agree, it would be nice to see the Hounds in the Mountain Classic. Bobby Keith used to sacrafice other more impressive tournaments to stay closer to home and I think other mountain teams should do the same. It makes the WYMT Tournament more competitive if eastern Kentucky's best did that as well.:1:
Brian Milam Wrote:Corbin has not played in the Mountain Classic since 1990 and for some reason do not want to play in the tourney. But I agree, it would be nice to see the Hounds in the Mountain Classic. Bobby Keith used to sacrafice other more impressive tournaments to stay closer to home and I think other mountain teams should do the same. It makes the WYMT Tournament more competitive if eastern Kentucky's best did that as well.:1:
I agree with this and I would have like to have seen the best teams included such as Paintsville and Shelby Valley. This should be a tourney of the best teams possible.
Brian Milam Wrote:Corbin has not played in the Mountain Classic since 1990 and for some reason do not want to play in the tourney. But I agree, it would be nice to see the Hounds in the Mountain Classic. Bobby Keith used to sacrafice other more impressive tournaments to stay closer to home and I think other mountain teams should do the same. It makes the WYMT Tournament more competitive if eastern Kentucky's best did that as well.:1:

Agreed :thumpsup: I think the Mountain Classic should consist of the absolute best teams in the mountains, and coaches should make it a point to make this tournament a priority. It's more than a basketball tournament. It's a showcase of basketball in the mountains --- Just My Opinion! It's sort'a like a the best of 3 regional tournaments combined into one big mountain regional tournament.

U da man Mr. Milam :rockon:
They dont want to do that since they want JBS to win the whole thing. If Pikeville or SV was in it they woudl have a hard time.
I got JBS winning against Hazard in the final..
It should be the 2 top teams from each region with 2 at large teams.
14th Hazard-JBS
15th Paintsville-Shelby Valley
13th Corbin-Cumberland
at large Pikeville and the host team Knott Central
What do you think about that tourny.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Tues, Jan. 8th

June Buchanan vs. Knox Central
Pikeville vs. Breathitt Co.

Wed. Jan 9th
Cumberland Redskins vs. Knott Co. Central
Clay Co. vs Hazard

Thurs. Jan 10
Losers of round 1

Friday Jan 11
Semi Finals

Saturday Jan 12
Thursday winners, (5th place)
Consolation Game
Championship Game

Semi's
JBS vs Pikeville
Cumberland vs Clay Co

Finals
JBS vs Clay Co

Champs
JBS

Just my opinion
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Agreed :thumpsup: I think the Mountain Classic should consist of the absolute best teams in the mountains, and coaches should make it a point to make this tournament a priority. It's more than a basketball tournament. It's a showcase of basketball in the mountains --- Just My Opinion! It's sort'a like a the best of 3 regional tournaments combined into one big mountain regional tournament.

U da man Mr. Milam :rockon:
I know Shelby Valley was invited back, they declined. I know of other 15th region teams that was invited, not just for this years, but years past, they declined. It is going to be harder and harder for the WYMT to get team from the 15th to attend it. I wouldnt be surprised if next years YMT didnt have any 15th region teams in it. That was really close to it happening this year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know Shelby Valley was invited back, they declined. I know of other 15th region teams that was invited, not just for this years, but years past, they declined. It is going to be harder and harder for the WYMT to get team from the 15th to attend it. I wouldnt be surprised if next years YMT didnt have any 15th region teams in it. That was really close to it happening this year.
I dont see why they didnt want in.
RavenBoy Wrote:They dont want to do that since they want JBS to win the whole thing. If Pikeville or SV was in it they woudl have a hard time.

Who is They?????
Wymt.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know Shelby Valley was invited back, they declined. I know of other 15th region teams that was invited, not just for this years, but years past, they declined. It is going to be harder and harder for the WYMT to get team from the 15th to attend it. I wouldnt be surprised if next years YMT didnt have any 15th region teams in it. That was really close to it happening this year.

:confused: Why is that? I mean why will the Mountain Classic have a hard time getting teams from the 15th? I understand some of the top teams are playing tournaments in other places, out of state, etc....., but surely there is some team from the 15th they can get each year --- isn't there?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote::confused: Why is that? I mean why will the Mountain Classic have a hard time getting teams from the 15th? I understand some of the top teams are playing tournaments in other places, out of state, etc....., but surely there is some team from the 15th they can get each year --- isn't there?
I am sure they can get a team or even two from the 15th each year if they want. it might not be one of the top 2 or 3 teams. If they want to take the 9th or so to show up and get blown out by a top team from a different region, then they can, and they most likely will to try to keep it a balanced tourney in their viewing area.
I just think they already had to many games and couldnt play in the WYMT
Go Knox Central
RavenBoy Wrote:Wymt.

I seriously doubt that WYMT cares who wins the tourney.
FullCount Wrote:I seriously doubt that WYMT cares who wins the tourney.
Thats were you dont realize they get thousands of dollars a year from ALC.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Semi's
JBS vs Pikeville
Cumberland vs Clay Co

Finals
JBS vs Clay Co

Champs
JBS

Just my opinion

clay will struggle to make it past hazard. in my opinion clay will be lucky to go .500 this season,
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I am sure they can get a team or even two from the 15th each year if they want. it might not be one of the top 2 or 3 teams. If they want to take the 9th or so to show up and get blown out by a top team from a different region, then they can, and they most likely will to try to keep it a balanced tourney in their viewing area.

When you think about it, it really makes you appreciate Bobby Keith from Clay Co. He had some incredible teams years ago, and could have taken them anywhere to play, but he stayed to play in the WYMT. That helped to put the tournament on the map! & it was good for basketball in Eastern Ky. The tournament might not be what it is today if coach Keith had chosen to take his teams elsewhere. We need more like coach Keith!
RavenBoy Wrote:Thats were you dont realize they get thousands of dollars a year from ALC.

I understand that, but when it comes to a H.S. Basketball tournament, I really don't think that matters.

JBS is matched up with Knox Central. The Panthers are very capable of beating JBS.

If WYMT wanted JBS to win... they would have matched them up with Clay County.
RavenBoy Wrote:Thats were you dont realize they get thousands of dollars a year from ALC.
You think maybe it is a conspiracy or something???????????
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Semi's
JBS vs Pikeville
Cumberland vs Clay Co

Finals
JBS vs Clay Co

Champs
JBS

Just my opinion

I agree.